New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, the opposite extremists will raise up to "avenge" this extremist killing. On and on, ad nauseum. It's a never ending cycle of violence. There seems to be no way to break the cycle the world is in.
Sadly I think this is exactly what will happen.
As a NZ er, Im fearful the retribution will be swift and horrifying to both NZ and Australia

Does anyone understand the NZ LE reason for not wanting the manifesto spread? There are obvious reasons like not wanting to spread his racist filth or encouraging copycat attacks. I don't know about their justice system but assume the manifesto will come out at trial anyway right? Just trying to understand their play.

Does anyone understand the NZ LE reason for not wanting the manifesto spread? There are obvious reasons like not wanting to spread his racist filth or encouraging copycat attacks. I don't know about their justice system but assume the manifesto will come out at trial anyway right? Just trying to understand their play.

Spreading the manifesto or the video is likely illegal under NZ law

Just the same as if you spread ISIS propaganda

Vigil attendees, students recall false-alarm ‘active shooter’ scare on UM campus
The vigil held on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor on Saturday afternoon, March 16, was to honor the victims of two mosque shootings in New Zealand and to stand up against Islamophobia.But when police ran through the UM Diag shortly before 5 p.m., yelling for the crowd to clear out, chaos ensued.
Police from various agencies, including K-9 units, swarmed the area and combed through multiple campus buildings, following up on 911 reports of shots fired, but they were never able to find a shooter or anyone shot and later determined there was no threat.

There were reports of balloons popping possibly causing the scare, according to UM police.

Irwin choked up Saturday night as he reflected on how much fear of gun violence there is in today’s culture, so much that the sound of balloons popping may have led to such a panic.

Mods delete if already posted

Many good points in this article, otherwise staying away from it. imo. rbbm.
The New Zealand shooter’s manifesto shows how white nationalist rhetoric spreads
"It’s the kind of document instigators of mass violence often write to inspire copycat attackers (which is why I chose not to link to it)."
"The main intention of terrorist manifestos is not to help everyday people understand how they became terrorists — it is to create new terrorists."

The New Zealand shooter’s manifesto shows how white nationalist rhetoric spreads
"It’s the kind of document instigators of mass violence often write to inspire copycat attackers (which is why I chose not to link to it)."
"The main intention of terrorist manifestos is not to help everyday people understand how they became terrorists — it is to create new terrorists."

The ABC and I are with you, dotr:

Reporting a massacre: Why the ABC didn't share the shooter's 'manifesto'

PM Jacinda Ardern asks public to not share video or manifesto from Christchurch shootings suspect

"We should not be perpetuating, sharing, giving any oxygen to this act of violence and the message that sat behind it", Ardern said.

"We should not share, spread, or actively engage in that message of hate".
But in the body of the article, that quote is about the video, not the manifesto. There doesn't seem to be a quote from the police or PM about not reading or discussing the manifesto.

Jacinda Ardern’s words seem pretty unequivocal:

"We should not be perpetuating, sharing, giving any oxygen to this act of violence and the message that sat behind it"

Seems like the shooter’s 74 page manifesto is his message, therefore it should not be spread...to take any other interpretation of her words is splitting hairs.

If you want to read it, I’m sure you can find it.

Jacinda Ardern’s words seem pretty unequivocal:

"We should not be perpetuating, sharing, giving any oxygen to this act of violence and the message that sat behind it"

Seems like the shooter’s 74 page manifesto is his message, therefore it should not be spread...to take any other interpretation of her words is splitting hairs.

If you want to read it, I’m sure you can find it.
The Manifesto is already all over the Internet for anyone to read...How is punishing the law abiding firearms owners of New Zealand, by banning a certain type of firearms, going to be punishing this bad killer ?...... I smell a political agenda....moo

The Manifesto is already all over the Internet for anyone to read...How is punishing the law abiding firearms owners of New Zealand, by banning a certain type of firearms, going to be punishing this bad killer ?...... I smell a political agenda....moo
Yes i agree. If not for the hero that had a gun (but no bullets) may have scared the shooter who then fled when the hero threw the gun like an arrow and shattered the windshield. JMO

Facebook has said it continues to works "around the clock" to remove videos of the incident shared on its platform.

In a statement posted to Twitter on Sunday, the US-based tech company said that within 24 hours of Friday’s shooting it had removed 1.5 million videos of the attack from its platform globally.

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

Another very brave man.

Abdul Wahabzadah’s four children were inside the mosque.

Wahabzadah was inside Linwood Islamic Centre when the gunman opened fire. He grabbed a credit card reader and ran outside the building. He threw the credit card reader at the suspect while shouting at him in an attempt to distract the shooter away from the mosque.
“I was screaming at the guy, ‘Come here, I’m here’. I just want him to put more focus on me than go inside the masjid (“mosque”). But unfortunately, he got himself to the masjid.”

The shooter then dropped his weapon and ran back to his car. Wahabzadah said he thought the shooter went to get more weapons from his car. He ran after the shooter and picked up a discarded weapon of the gunman, which he described as a “shotgun" and threw it at the gunman’s car, shattering his window.

“When he sees me I am chasing with a gun, he sat in his car”, Wahabzadah said. “And I just got the gun and throw it on his window like an arrow and blast his window. He thought probably I shot him or something and then he drive off."

Wahabzadah didn’t stop there. He said he continued chasing after him but the shooter did a U-turn and raced off. He then returned to the mosque to discover the scope of the violence.

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN
^^^ this hero is who we should be talking about, not the murderer. What drove him to neglect his own safety, and pursue the guy with endless supply of guns. How to play cat and mouse with him. How much did luck play a part in his survival. Etc etc.

Police profilers and university academics etc can go ahead and analyse this murderer's mind, and inform the public IMO. It is not likely that ordinary folks can figure that out, except to know that there is no good reason to do what he did, no matter what he says.
I was going to share the same link:)

ETA
But we weren't his target audience. All the evidence suggests this was a horrific, cold-blooded, terrorist attack aimed not at the audiences of traditional news organisations but at reaching and triggering atomised and often extreme online audiences.

Isn’t this jane coaston’s opinion that it’s to inspire copycats.

I still haven’t found whats suppose to be all over the interconnect. Glad I don’t live in nz, too much gov control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan