Meet & Greet for New Members #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello all…watching story on Netflix and this site was mentioned so I decided to give it a try.

Hello all…watching story on Netflix and this site was mentioned so I decided to give it a try.
Watching the Case of Aundria(Alexis) Bowman missing person for well over 20 years. A shame! To adopt her just to be abused. I wonder when the abuse started before or after their own birth child.
Parents are awful for all of the mess she endured. This is awful all she had to endure and no adults believed her. The Teachers, Principals, and even the Pastor should have believed her. Meanwhile she is dying inside and more and more withdrawn. She loved her baby sister Vanessa. This is very sad.

Hi, my name is Jackie. I have volunteered for 3 years with Maine Cold Case Alliance and was a board member for one year. I was also with Doe Network as the Researcher for Maine and keeping cases up-to-date for 8 years --I did find one person who had been missing for over 15 years. I just needed to take a break from cold cases and I'm back after 6 years. I now live in NH and have some free time to give. I'm new to Webs Sleuths and have heard so many positive success stories on television/documentaries. I look forward to working with you all and making new friends:)

I'm a new member and I could use some guidance. I'm trying to find my uncle who has been missing since 1977 -1978. His name was Scott Orville Musser. Unfortunately, since my grandmother has passed and his siblings are in their 70's most of the information I have is based on memories and we have no documentation providing a confirmed date of birth, accurate height, weight, or even eye color. I'd like to have more accurate information before adding him to namus but I don't know how to go about getting it. He was only 19 and his siblings were older and out of the house when he disappeared. Additionally, he went missing between two counties in Florida and I don't know which county investigated (Eustis in Lake County and DeLand in Volusia County). I submitted a FOIA request but the State of Florida replied that they had no records regarding missing person Scott Orville Musser, dob approx. Dec. 10 1957. I have more information to share but rules indicate I need to have some form of record of his case to create a thread. What's my next step?

Hi yall, I’m new here but I would love to be part of what yall are doing. I’ve always been fascinated with things like this and the idea that I may one day actually help someone fills my heart.
I was wondering if anyone could please help me… when y’all were new where did you start? This is a little difficult to navigate so I would be very grateful for some advice on how to get started

Welcome @Jinja this link is a good place to start to get acquainted with your fellow members and get an idea of what they might be following.

It really depends on what your interests are. Some join to follow a specific case that happened in their area and caught their attention. Some to try to help identify those poor souls who are deceased but unidentified. some join to try to resolve missing persons cases. The site is broke up into various forums. go meet and greet, then poke around those forums and see what catches your eye.

You can always find the most active threads by clicking "new posts" on the upper left corner of the page.

I started during the Caylee Anthony's case when she was still missing and lurked for a while before becoming a member.

Hi yall, I’m new here but I would love to be part of what yall are doing. I’ve always been fascinated with things like this and the idea that I may one day actually help someone fills my heart.
I was wondering if anyone could please help me… when y’all were new where did you start? This is a little difficult to navigate so I would be very grateful for some advice on how to get started

Welcome @Jinja! You can also use the search button (top right) to find cases you are interested in.

I'm a new member and I could use some guidance. I'm trying to find my uncle who has been missing since 1977 -1978. His name was Scott Orville Musser. Unfortunately, since my grandmother has passed and his siblings are in their 70's most of the information I have is based on memories and we have no documentation providing a confirmed date of birth, accurate height, weight, or even eye color. I'd like to have more accurate information before adding him to namus but I don't know how to go about getting it. He was only 19 and his siblings were older and out of the house when he disappeared. Additionally, he went missing between two counties in Florida and I don't know which county investigated (Eustis in Lake County and DeLand in Volusia County). I submitted a FOIA request but the State of Florida replied that they had no records regarding missing person Scott Orville Musser, dob approx. Dec. 10 1957. I have more information to share but rules indicate I need to have some form of record of his case to create a thread. What's my next step?
bbm

Is this (in the clipping) him? I wonder if the court system would have records from that long ago. Attached article says he was given 3 years probation in August 1977. If he stopped reporting to his probation officer, I'd think there would be a record of that. County is still an issue. Article has him in Deland but the burglary was in Pine Lakes (Lake County) and I have no idea how that all works but it might be a place to start.

Link to article: Scott Musser - FL probation

Attachments

• Scott Musser - FL.JPG
    Scott Musser - FL.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I’m a new member to this site. My background involves law enforcement here in the Houston,Texas area with the bulk of my almost 30 years of experience being in Crime Scene Investigation. My areas of specialization include crime scene photography, scene analysis and reconstructions, firearms examinations, and digital forensics (cell phones/towers and computers) as well as DNA collections and other aspects of the crime scene field. Prior to today, I didn’t know this site existed until I watched Into The Fire: The Lost Daughter on Netflix. I’m here to look around and see if there’s anything that I can help with because I’ve seen first-hand the devastation and grief that families experience when a loved one goes missing or is the victim of an unsolved crime. The site looks like it has a lot of information so if I can help don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Have you tried accessing your Uncle Scott's medical records in order to get a clear physical description? If not, maybe this organization can help.

Consumer Services | Florida Department of Health

Just want to let you know that you're not alone! I'm new, as well, and finding it hard to decide or figure out where to hone in and start digging. The advice below to search for cases in your state is very helpful. Wishing you the best of luck! If you ever want to put your head together with someone else who's trying to find their way here, you are welcome to reach out.
I just joined. I would love to be able to help, but this is overwhelming.

WELCOME!
Check out The Rules section for helpful info…

This section is very helpful and contains acronyms…

And then just regularly peruse the list of threads under “What’s New” and see if anything looks interesting. These aren’t necessarily new threads. These are threads with new posts. Don’t try too hard at first to use your skills. Just pick a short thread, maybe fairly local to you and read from the beginning, then dive in If you want to. As you check out threads, you’ll get the hang of it.

It’s OK to jump around and dip into random threads. I do this all the time, and then get hooked on a case. After awhile you’ll get to “know” regular and long time posters, which is fun. When you post on a case it will show up under ”Watched Threads.” Or you can just keep an eye on a thread by tapping “Watch” at the upper right corner of the thread. Then they’re easy to find again.

Always include a link to mainstream media (MSM) if you’re stating a fact. If it’s your opinion, label it IMO or JMO (in my opinion or just my opinion). Always be polite to other members, even if you disagree with them. Don’t argue. :) If your post gets deleted by a mod, there will be a message explaining why at the top right under the “bell” symbol. Don’t take it personally. Learn and move on.

Websleuths is invaluable if it covers breaking (non crime) news. Members post many news stories about the issue (such as the War in Ukraine, Wildfires, Hurricanes, etc), so you can “read all about it” in one place and stay informed. In the Private Forums area toward the bottom of the Home page, “The Jury Room” and ”The Parking Lot” contain interesting threads that can only be read by members and don’t fit in elsewhere, like the January 6 Insurrection.

I hope this helps. See you around! :)
Welcome to Ws everyone!
Bringing forward Lilibet's helpful post for new members.

Hi, my name is Jackie. I have volunteered for 3 years with Maine Cold Case Alliance and was a board member for one year. I was also with Doe Network as the Researcher for Maine and keeping cases up-to-date for 8 years --I did find one person who had been missing for over 15 years. I just needed to take a break from cold cases and I'm back after 6 years. I now live in NH and have some free time to give. I'm new to Webs Sleuths and have heard so many positive success stories on television/documentaries. I look forward to working with you all and making new friends:)
Hello, I’m a new member to this site. My background involves law enforcement here in the Houston,Texas area with the bulk of my almost 30 years of experience being in Crime Scene Investigation. My areas of specialization include crime scene photography, scene analysis and reconstructions, firearms examinations, and digital forensics (cell phones/towers and computers) as well as DNA collections and other aspects of the crime scene field. Prior to today, I didn’t know this site existed until I watched Into The Fire: The Lost Daughter on Netflix. I’m here to look around and see if there’s anything that I can help with because I’ve seen first-hand the devastation and grief that families experience when a loved one goes missing or is the victim of an unsolved crime. The site looks like it has a lot of information so if I can help don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks.
Welcome to you both. You have valuable experience! To post as someone with expertise, it would be great if you could become a “verified expert.” That way, we know you are what you say you are. :) Here’s the link and thanks for joining. Welcome to everyone else too!

Welcome to you both. You have valuable experience! To post as someone with expertise, it would be great if you could become a “verified expert.” That way, we know you are what you say you are. :) Here’s the link and thanks for joining. Welcome to everyone else too!

Documentation sent. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97
Back