GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has made no mention to stop kids from walking, or remind them to ALWAYS walk in groups, never leave anyone by themselves, be aware of your surroundings, etc. No warnings to the public, and no issue of a statement that the community is not at risk.

This has me baffled as well. You would think that they would emphasize that although they do not know what happened to her, for now, for everyone to be on alert, especially teenagers, not to walk alone anywhere, etc. Even though they don't know what happened to her yet, would it be such a bad thing to warn parents and their children to be careful out there, just in case a crime really was committed?

LE's silence is a bit eerie to me. Looks like this case has gone cold. :(

I went searching and found this link for NH cold cases:

http://doj.nh.gov/criminal/cold-case/victim-list/index.htm

These are NH cold cases from 1966-2009, and if you remove the ones that are listed as solved, there are 118 during that period of about 45 years. From 2000-2009 there are 14 listed as "missing person" (but suspected to be murdered), "suspicious death," or "unsolved homicide."

This has me baffled as well. You would think that they would emphasize that although they do not know what happened to her, for now, for everyone to be on alert, especially teenagers, not to walk alone anywhere, etc. Even though they don't know what happened to her yet, would it be such a bad thing to warn parents and their children to be careful out there, just in case a crime really was committed?

O have the cold feeling as well. It seems LE is at a standstill and even the discussion the last couple of nights that went way over the TOS show frustration and not much to chew at since they aren't coming out with anything.

I don't believe she is alive, but i so hope they find her before the snow really covers everything. Then again I look at Bethany Arceneaux who was thankfully resecued by her family from a creep in an abandoned house. Someone may still have her alive abusing her. LE needs to put on a huge push before the snow stays in searching imo

I really really wish they would get out there searching. I know they've covered a lot but they have yet to really get the search on over the border. It is making me crazy not seeing news of search teams. If you have nothing, look for something.

I went searching and found this link for NH cold cases:

http://doj.nh.gov/criminal/cold-case/victim-list/index.htm

These are NH cold cases from 1966-2009, and if you remove the ones that are listed as solved, there are 118 during that period of about 45 years. From 2000-2009 there are 14 listed as "missing person" (but suspected to be murdered), "suspicious death," or "unsolved homicide."

Where you can really see the breadth of unsolved missing persons cases is here on our "missing but not forgotten" forum. There are dozens and dozens and dozens of cases and these are only ones that make the news. Almost every state has a bunch of them which is why i very very rarely believe that LE has something to go on and is just holding it close to the vest when they ignore the public. Most of the time it turns out be they are at a standstill

I really really wish they would get out there searching. I know they've covered a lot but they have yet to really get the search on over the border. It is making me crazy not seeing news of search teams. If you have nothing, look for something.

Exactly. It is the most frustrating thing that they look a few places and stop. She could have been thrown out anywhere and every new place they look is another ruled out as well as a new possibility. Why don't they keep searching? And if they don't have the resources to continue get the towns in the area involved, have search coordinators to educate and send out the public to search.

Yes there is a possibility of evidence being touched, but better that than not found at all.

I know they checked parts of the saco and south into brownfield... but that was early on and there is a lot more to be covered there, especially knowing that fair was there just the weekend before disappearing. The towns of Fryeburg and N Conway are very much connected even with their being a state border between them. With hunters throughout the woods and always stumbling over things they could even keep it to ponds, riverbanks, deserted areas, sand pits, abandoned houses. There are so many of them! Many very very deserted and rural nobody would ever know somebody was hanging out in there.

Where you can really see the breadth of unsolved missing persons cases is here on our "missing but not forgotten" forum. There are dozens and dozens and dozens of cases and these are only ones that make the news. Almost every state has a bunch of them which is why i very very rarely believe that LE has something to go on and is just holding it close to the vest when they ignore the public. Most of the time it turns out be they are at a standstill

My post wasn't about the number of unsolved missing persons cases but about unsolved homicides. Someone posted that they thought there were 1000 unsolved homicides in NH, but according to the statistics I linked to, that is not the case.

I think fear of evidence being touched is a ridiculous reason not to have the public join in searches. What if she had broken her leg and was waiting for help? They did not even know if a crime had been committed. Far too late now, if she was alive for a time. I think they just don't want to have to worry about searchers going missing as well.

Exactly. It is the most frustrating thing that they look a few places and stop. She could have been thrown out anywhere and every new place they look is another ruled out as well as a new possibility. Why don't they keep searching? And if they don't have the resources to continue get the towns in the area involved, have search coordinators to educate and send out the public to search.

Yes there is a possibility of evidence being touched, but better that than not found at all.

Just because LE isn't announcing publicly each day where they may be looking doesn't mean they've stopped looking. A recent article I read said they were still doing "targeted" searches. For all we know, some of those could be in Maine.

I think fear of evidence being touched is a ridiculous reason not to have the public join in searches. What if she had broken her leg and was waiting for help? They did not even know if a crime had been committed. Far too late now, if she was alive for a time. I think they just don't want to have to worry about searchers going missing as well.

Whereas if they sent them out in coordinated groups that is very unlikely to happen. So many missing cases where the public finds the victim alive or dead.

Just wondering what happened to the press conference which FBI agent Ramsay more or less promised to hold by the end of this week..
I agree that it seems amazing that no more searches ate being carries out in the Conway area and across the NH-ME state line by LE and/or other certified voluntary search groups.

It's almost as if LE seems to believe that AH might have run away after all.
JMO.

Maybe the schools are warning students to be safe. What the school does with their students is not always front page news.

Plus lets acknowledge kids are beating the drums talking about Abby gone missing.

Those that throw caution to the wind will continue to do that. Those that play it safe will continue to do that. Everybody has to decide but I am sure teachers, school, parents and friends have...told.

By now they have had a ton of psychologists meet and see how to deal with this.

Making the kids safe and not scaring them to death is always...tightrope walking!

MOO

Yes, they have said that they are still doing targeted searches. Usually when there are searches it does make the news, even if just a little blurb though. I'm positive they are still working. I don't think the case is cold yet and I don't think LE is even close to this being cold. I do wish there was more of a push being seen.

Oh and I'm thinking touched evidence is a lot better than no evidence :)

I fail to see how searchers would of gone missing in groups. Most people today have cell phones. My best guess is she got into a car with someone she knew on north south road.

best pieces of posts of the day, IMO.

LE isn't issuing any public warnings nor do they want the public searching. doesn't that point to knowing it was either a runaway situation OR they already have a POI in their sights?

i don't know. i point out again that willow long was discovered by volunteers and her perpetrator is in custody. people aren't stupid. they won't touch a crime scene...unless, it's the perpetrator that does the search & find.

no locals are posting in the comments section(s) of the dozens of news articles out. heck they're barely posting on her missing facebook page. can't tell you how many times i've read "i don't know abby nor her family but praying in timbuktu" or "shared in the galapagos".

well not exactly but you know what i mean. JMO but it's pointing more and more towards someone that's being whispered about, quietly, among those in the greater conway area. and i'm not even talking about those folk we can't talk about. kwim?

I'm hoping the high LE presence at the house is because they wanted a success this time. I'm also hoping like another recent missing girl, she took off to parts unknown and will come home when she's ready. Otherwise, I'm afraid she'll be stumbled upon possibly years down the line.

Aw Looking I know you want Abby found but honestly looking at all those forests and trees and lakes it's a 'needle in a haystack'. They have flown over and buzzed over and rode over and walked over a lot of land and water.

I read recently that if somebody is snatched because of opportunity they are usually abandoned close by. But if somebody is snatched by planning they are left farther away, well hid. A clue, a clue!

I swear the longer this goes the wider the ripples in the lake get.

Having a new respect for those services trying to find Abby...with maybe nothing new coming in.

I also have a GREAT respect for our members that take it upon themselves to call the FBI Tip line with information they think might be helpful.

MOO

I fail to see how searchers would of gone missing in groups. Most people today have cell phones. My best guess is she got into a car with someone she knew on north south road.

Cell service is terrible up there, spotty even in a town like conway.... once in the woods, forget it your phone is useless

Yes, they have said that they are still doing targeted searches. Usually when there are searches it does make the news, even if just a little blurb though. I'm positive they are still working. I don't think the case is cold yet and I don't think LE is even close to this being cold. I do wish there was more of a push being seen.

Oh and I'm thinking touched evidence is a lot better than no evidence :)

I guess i would like to see something like Willow Longs case where 4 to 600 volunteers a day went out searching. That should happen in every case imo and i don't understand why so many larger LE offices don't take advantage of the manpower in a town or city. I keep hoping they will start in this case and we will see miles covered in a day by hundreds. All coordinated with a search center to start from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3