GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you shared this, I was worried people would tell me I'm nuts due to the stereotype of pop culture (your words which I appreciate they work perfectly)

And yes, grocery stores, walking their babies and dogs, in the car driving kids... adults and cell phones, GRRRR! Extra annoyed because 3 times this weekend I've had issues with my daughter not having her phone charged, having friends texting me. My reality is not the same as the appearances of 'normal teens" and I have more than one teen girl here who are all very different, except for this non-phone usage issue.

It seems to me that no one in North Conway seems to have an opinion of what happened or they are very afraid to state one. But, that is just my opinion.

Sadly, I think the locals are as perplexed as we are. It just seems like she vanished into thin air, to coin a phrase. There are so few facts established. It's hard to extrapolate without more to go on. :(

It seems to me that no one in North Conway seems to have an opinion of what happened or they are very afraid to state one. But, that is just my opinion.
I'm sure they all have thoughts, opinions, maybe some strongly positive ideas. I mentioned earlier, the stigma of saying these things outloud in such a small and tight-knit community would be too big for them to go chatting about. Whispers, yes. Nothing more. Hopefully, tips to tipline if they do in fact see the messages that it can and will stay anonymous. If there is one thing LE hasn't done enough of (well you know MOO is searching) it is making sure folks know it is safe to call and nobody ever has to know. I do wonder though, if somebody knows something from being close to somebody, sometimes there is no way for another to find out than that one person that witnessed or was privy to something.

I still say it is somebody familiar, picked her up and she didn't know better because it seemed like a safe person. It is very difficult to know safe from not safe at that age, especially as you get to know new classmates, families, teachers, coaches. So many new faces, but nothing alerting you to think 'unsafe'

quick everyone- check the missing page and see RM's post from 54 minutes ago- wow!!!! remember, there were people who thought they saw her on the Kancamagus Highway around that day as well........interesting!

edit- he has two posts on that thread!!!!!!

Does anyone else here see that?

I saw it too!! So much information has changed in the past month. I mean it's understandable that some info will change as time goes by because the moods are settling down a little so changes in description or occurrences will change here and there but my goodness!! They'd probably have AH wearing a whole different color wardrobe if it wasn't for the surveillance cameras that caught what she was wearing in school that day jeez! I think at one point I also saw that she was wearing "dark colored" boots. Black.....dark-colored......brown......which is it?:banghead:

I'm so glad you shared this, I was worried people would tell me I'm nuts due to the stereotype of pop culture (your words which I appreciate they work perfectly)

And yes, grocery stores, walking their babies and dogs, in the car driving kids... adults and cell phones, GRRRR! Extra annoyed because 3 times this weekend I've had issues with my daughter not having her phone charged, having friends texting me. My reality is not the same as the appearances of 'normal teens" and I have more than one teen girl here who are all very different, except for this non-phone usage issue.

Ha ha. I am glad to hear you have girls. I figured some people would just dismiss my comments because my two are boys.

Now that the oldest is checking his during the day, I find it handy to send him a quick text to remind him about something. He seems to respond positively. And it prevents me from harping "You need to ...." as soon as he walks in the door.

Our cell reception at home is not good for voice but texts work great. I am so tired of the same people calling my cell phone instead of the house phone when they know about it. It just turns into a hassle, listening to a garbled message or trying to call for my house phone and getting voice mail because now they are trying the house phone....

Our cells work better once the leaves are down. Most are--so boo, raking. Yay, better cell reception.

As for Abigail, I wonder how the cell reception is along the route she may have taken? Did the family have a house phone--either a land line or through cable?

If cell coverage is not reliable and the family has unlimited local calling on a house phone, AH could have made and received many calls that her family would not have known about if AH was home alone.

I would imagine that even without an itemized bill for local calls, LE would be able to obtain that information, wouldn't they?

Ha ha. I am glad to hear you have girls. I figured some people would just dismiss my comments because my two are boys.

Now that the oldest is checking his during the day, I find it handy to send him a quick text to remind him about something. He seems to respond positively. And it prevents me from harping "You need to ...." as soon as he walks in the door.

Our cell reception at home is not good for voice but texts work great. I am so tired of the same people calling my cell phone instead of the house phone when they know about it. It just turns into a hassle, listening to a garbled message or trying to call for my house phone and getting voice mail because now they are trying the house phone....

Our cells work better once the leaves are down. Most are--so boo, raking. Yay, better cell reception.

As for Abigail, I wonder how the cell reception is along the route she may have taken? Did the family have a house phone--either a land line or through cable?

If cell coverage is not reliable and the family has unlimited local calling on a house phone, AH could have made and received many calls that her family would not have known about if AH was home alone.

I would imagine that even without an itemized bill for local calls, LE would be able to obtain that information, wouldn't they?
Yes on all of that about kids, reception, text, etc. Coverage in N. Conway is spotty at best, but I have AT&T because it is a tiny (minuscule) bit better than Verizon here. I know Lakes Region NH is a totally different story, yet years ago Verizon was useless there and everybody had US Cellular. There is nothing consistent throughout the area, nothing.

And yes, often calls come in and you don't get them for a long time. Or something comes in for voicemail but was actually a call from the day before. COULD be the issue with that 6:30 call...but thinking this new guy is going to shed a lot of light on this case.

Does anybody have a link or anything to the original report of this 'couple' that saw Abby?

Does anybody have a link or anything to the original report of this 'couple' that saw Abby?

this was also on the missing page as well- about three or four days, i want to say, after Columbus day weekend, if that helps. I know there was a news link, too, discussing the two sightings, but it's been awhile and I don't remember when or where I read it, sorry.

Nothing to add here, but it's cold clear down in Texas tonight, so I'm sure NH is bone chilling. I hope Abby is warm and inside having a hot cocoa somewhere tonight !

While I have been following this case from the start I haven't seen this mentioned before. I hope it does not offend anybody. From my experience over a 30 year time frame, people living in certain parts of the northeast US are very private. They do not accept outsiders and just do not talk about their neighbors to anybody outside their immediate circle. It is a cultural thing.

I attribute the way the DA and local LE handle communication, and, the manor that the media reports, to the very "private" nature of the culture of New Hampshire.

In addition to the secretive nature of what LE and the media is reporting, with this in mind, I also, wonder if Abby's family is seen as being "inside/local" or as "outsiders". It makes a difference as to the way they would be treated in that area.

This was my thought as well. He might be trying to reach out to her family, and didn't know how to go about it, so he figured he would post there with the possibility that they might see it. He also invited everyone to PM him that wanted to. Seems like a legit guy, but I would caution everyone to be careful until we know more about him before contacting him or getting our hopes up. For some reason, I keep thinking she is alive and ok, and I've felt this way all along. Not sure why, especially when missing cases like this go on for so long without a trace, you know it's usually bad news. Someone did post on a newspaper page that she had ran away before and made it to Tennessee, but the entire thread got deleted, not sure why. Someone posted a screen shot of it somewhere, not sure where it is, but it was one of the other pages I visited early on in this investigation. I will try to see if I can find it.

Ah, Now I see a post on his FB that is dated 10/27 that he had reported it when he got home on 10/12

While I have been following this case from the start I haven't seen this mentioned before. I hope it does not offend anybody. From my experience over a 30 year time frame, people living in certain parts of the northeast US are very private. They do not accept outsiders and just do not talk about their neighbors to anybody outside their immediate circle. It is a cultural thing.

I attribute the way the DA and local LE handle communicate and the manor that the media reports to the very "private" nature of the culture of New Hampshire.

With this in mind, I wonder if Abby's family is seen as being "inside/local" or as outsiders. It makes a difference as to the way they would be treated in that area.

I don't find this offensive at all and I'm born and bred New England. One of the biggest issues as a teen was my not worrying about what others thought and my parents being horrified if anybody knew anything! Issues, Quiet down and don't tell. I never saw it as geographic thing but it appears it is! THe worst case always, was somebody finding out life wasn't all good and happy. Not in the way some may thing, in that "pretend to have a perfect life" type of way. Just that familial stuff was very private and nobody elses business unless you yourself decided that person was trustworthy. Even then, it needed to be ok'd. Not specifically, you just needed to watch and make sure it was something that wasn't meant for the house only. I actually thought it was more of an Italian thing! Learn something new everyday!

Do others agree that are from New England?

If he reported it on 10/12 FBI must have run up there and checked store video. It's only 1 1/2 hours from NC.

I don't find this offensive at all and I'm born and bred New England. One of the biggest issues as a teen was my not worrying about what others thought and my parents being horrified if anybody knew anything! Issues, Quiet down and don't tell. I never saw it as geographic thing but it appears it is! THe worst case always, was somebody finding out life wasn't all good and happy. Not in the way some may thing, in that "pretend to have a perfect life" type of way. Just that familial stuff was very private and nobody elses business unless you yourself decided that person was trustworthy. Even then, it needed to be ok'd. Not specifically, you just needed to watch and make sure it was something that wasn't meant for the house only. I actually thought it was more of an Italian thing! Learn something new everyday!

Thanks for the confirmation. I grew up in New Jersey in a very Italian neighborhood (though I am not Italian) and it was not something I ever experienced with my Italian friends. When my sister lived in New Hampshire in the 1980's was when I first learned of the secret nature of the people living there. My impression has been confirmed many times in the past 30 years with other life experiences. My children both attended college in Massachusetts and I was once engaged to a guy from northwest Connecticut.

Which Help find Abby are you all talking about. There are a few.

I'll tell you there are a lot of things i still don't know about my own family.

I'm listening to scanner, but not going to last too long as it is late here.

Hey, let's please be careful about the posts being made here... If they go outside of TOS, the thread will be closed down. All the talk about FB pages can get it closed.

Just a warning...I know it is frustrating, but there are reasons for the rules...

I'd hate to see Abby's thread closed down. Abby and her family need to know that we care.

Yup. Born and raised in NH. You mind your own business, no matter what. And I'm not Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow