GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could be on to something here. Perhaps someone Abby thought she could trust invited her to go take photos somewhere? And where better than the scenic mountains surrounding her town -- maybe this could explain the cell phone ping near Cranmore Mountain?

:welcome: PterodactylPants. Gotta love your name!!

IMO there was not %100 certainity in the PC that the letter was written/sent by Abby and no reference to a handwriting analysis .
It appears to me that the letter might not be handwritten and if that's the case , that's a big red flag to me. Anyone searching Abby's social media accounts can use her wordings and make up a letter accordingly as if from her.

I guess the abducter might have wanted to take the advantage of runaway rumors along with LE repeatedly saying no evidence they have so as to focus everyone to a runaway Abby theory . The perp if there is one feeling uneasy abt the investigation and nationwide involvement , might have tried to mislead LE and make them stop their searches.

It makes no sense to me Abby to mail a 'letter' to communicate her mom. Why not leaving that letter while leaving or why not an email from a public internet?and why not taking anything while leaving ?
I hope I' m wrong and shes safe and happy somewhere but nothing adds up IMO...

I believe the letter came from Abigail, as LE probably more or less expected some false letters from nut jobs, yet sounded fairly certain this was real. The strangest part for me is that even with a letter that they seem to think she wrote, they cannot rule out any scenario at all. Did she say she left on purpose, but due to the time frame and her lack of funds, etc. they feel she would be in danger by now? That is kind of how it feels to me. JMO

IMO there was not %100 certainity in the PC that the letter was written/sent by Abby and no reference to a handwriting analysis .
It appears to me that the letter might not be handwritten and if that's the case , that's a big red flag to me. Anyone searching Abby's social media accounts can use her wordings and make up a letter accordingly as if from her.

I guess the abducter might have wanted to take the advantage of runaway rumors along with LE repeatedly saying no evidence they have so as to focus everyone to a runaway Abby theory . The perp if there is one feeling uneasy abt the investigation and nationwide involvement , might have tried to mislead LE and make them stop their searches.

It makes no sense to me Abby to mail a 'letter' to communicate her mom. Why not leaving that letter while leaving or why not an email from a public internet?and why not taking anything while leaving ?
I hope I' m wrong and shes safe and happy somewhere but nothing adds up IMO...

These were my thought regarding the letter that I posted a while back. "Believe" it was written by AH isn't enough for me. From everything thing I've seen, they're basing it on the "tone" of the letter. IMO, this tells me 2 things. 1) it was typed. 2) it was written by someone else. I believe #2 could easily be verified or dismissed thru hand writing analysis. If it was written, a hand writing expert would obviously be used. I can only conclude that this letter must've been typed. MOO.

These were my thought regarding the letter that I posted a while back. "Believe" it was written by AH isn't enough for me. From everything thing I've seen, they're basing it on the "tone" of the letter. IMO, this tells me 2 things. 1) it was typed. 2) it was written by someone else. I believe #2 could easily be verified or dismissed thru hand writing analysis. If it was written, a hand writing expert would obviously be used. I can only conclude that this letter must've been typed. MOO.

I agree with your reasoning J Block, and also because of the way ZH answered this question in the interview:

--
Stephanos asked her if she recognized the handwriting right away.

"It's a tough question," she said.
--

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nJIJLl00

I know ZH can't say much but her answer convinced me, along with your points, that it was typed and not hand written.

I wonder if Abby's letter indicated when she planned to return, but that time has passed-- which is why LE believes she may be in grave danger despite the possibility that she left willingly.

It could have said something like "I'm sorry mom I had to go follow me dreams (fill in the blank), please don't worry about me or try to find me… I will be back by Thanksgiving". Something along those lines? This would explain why we have mixed indications from LE about runaway vs. abduction.

Just an idea. Complete speculation.

I had not had a chance to see the fox 25 news video until just now but I think zenya did a good job and I have always loved Maria Stephanos so I think that was a good reporter for her to sit down with who wasn't going to take anything out of context and just wants to help get Abby's face and story out there based on the facts and anything Zenya can tell her

I think I must have missed something regarding the 'letter', it's authentication and a PO box for a surprise??

I assume nothing and believe what is circa fact. The facts here are slim and proof minimal.

I will not point fingers or make assumptions if I cannot logically place the factual pieces.

So, I guess Im lost. However, I have to give it to Abby's mom. The woman is like a statue--no tears just speaking to her daughter at press.

something missing.

moo with utmost respect for Abby--bless you, Family and LE-bring em home!

I have a ton of respect for zenya. She keeps it together in public but I am sure she falls apart when she is alone.... A lot of women only cry in private.... Just like a lot of guys.....

That is one really strong woman!!!!!!

I personally don't understand why national media has decided this story is worthy when sooooo many other missing persons' cases aren't. Yes, it's advantageous for the family.
BUT this letter has caused an uptick in the "mystery" element and pushed it onto GMA, Boston stations, etc. The letter was allegedly written a scant 10 days after her disappearance and many weeks have passed since then. What's the reason for the interest from media?
People lose interest when LE says she "may have left willingly" (at first, but now. . . ) and now it's turned back into an abduction? This wildly swinging tide of opinion and speculation is based on stirred up emotions--newly ignited by a letter that seemingly was NOT handwritten--one that was mailed almost two months ago. This is not a new document. Where is the news in all that? This missing child's status hasn't changed substantially for two months.

Additionally, the facts of the case have mutated and switched--been released, then retracted--have been released at odd times. I don't follow the details of a lot of cases, so 7maybe the handling of media is familiar to those who do. But this recent surge in media interest is based on a letter that is odd--off in terms of profile (abducted children don't usually send letters), in terms of how it was received (a lot of coincidences delaying it--P.O box in different town rarely checked, lost in the mail for 10 days, etc), and how it is depicted (Abby in tone, but not, apparently in handwriting). People are into the emotions, but the facts are quite squishy.
We should be thankful that this case is still reported in the media.
It is a pity that others seem to go quiet once the initial reporting is done . Then people lose interest in it. I think LE should make periodic statements in the MSM to keep the interest alive.

We should be thankful that this case is still reported in the media.
It is a pity that others seem to go quiet once the initial reporting is done . Then people lose interest in it. I think LE should make periodic statements in the MSM to keep the interest alive.

It's normal for us to discuss why there is media interest in a high-profile case, but it seems different in Abby's case...almost like people don't think the case is really newsworthy? Is it because it's believed Abby left on her own? I feel like in most high-profile cases, people pretty much "get" why the media is reporting on it but that doesn't seem to be true here. I guess because people don't think it stands out from other missing teenager cases?

I have a ton of respect for zenya. She keeps it together in public but I am sure she falls apart when she is alone.... A lot of women only cry in private.... Just like a lot of guys.....

That is one really strong woman!!!!!!

Her eyes are dark and sunken. I don't think she sleeps and I believe she cries a lot when home all alone.

I will be glad when Sarah is on Christmas break to be there with her.

Can you imagine one day working your job and worrying about paying your bills and the next day your daughter goes missing and you are on GMA.

I am sure she is living a nightmare. Pray for Zenya that she may have the strength to endure whatever is in store for her with Abby gone so long.

I have changed direction. One of our new members posted something that caught my eye as things sometime do. She said she only considers the facts and no speculation.

We have done a lot of speculating about what COULD have happened.

I think the FACTS show us nobody really knows what happened to Abby but those in charge of this investigation are very worried as surely they should be.

Time is not on Abby's side. If she did indeed write that letter to her mother is was written almost two months ago.

Where is Abby now? I think of her every single day when I wake up in the morning and check in too see if there is any news.

I hope we have some kind of Christmas miracle but have grave concerns for her safety. Like I said earlier...it's been way too long.

Did anyone pick up the two spellings of 'absence' in Zenya's letter to Abby?

Absense and absence are used. Was the absense a message to Abby that her letter to Mom made sense?

Just throwing this out there. Maybe it was a genuine mistake?

Thank you LookingHoping. So they don't receive any mail at the condo? Just trying to understand. I am not as up to date as many of you are, but I have been following the case. I understood that the cards, etc. go to the PO Box as well. I just felt that anyone could have written the letter to the PO Box but if mail does not go to the condo that would make more sense, however, I've never heard of mail not going directly to an address in the US. But I will take yalls word for it :)

FWIW and you can ignore this if someone has already posted :)
I do not have mail delivery at my home. Because there is no mail delivery here, we are given a free USPS postal box for delivery.

I don't think that ZH does not have mail delivery at her home, she just may prefer to get her mail at a PO Box. Considering that she moved a few times over the past 10 years, a PO box would be easier. She wouldn't have to figure out where her mail is, or which bills/magazines she has notified with her new address. Moving is stressful enough, I don't want to ever have to change my address on all my coorispondence ever again :) JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

has it been reported to whose po box the supposed letter from Abby was delivered?

edit to answer my own question:

from alreetlike link below conwaydailysun bbm ==> Zenya said she gets a "ton of mail" in her out of town post-office box — most of which is bills, but she also gets many cards from well wishers. Then came the letter from Abby. Zenya said "deep in her heart" she knew it was from Abby yet she had some doubt.

has it been reported to whose po box the supposed letter from Abby was delivered?

I don't think it's been confirmed as such, but I'm sure one of the articles mentioned her mother had also received bills and letters of support to it as well, so we're all assuming it's hers. Which could obviously be wrong.

Edited to add link:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...zenya-hernandez-speaks-about-missing-daughter

Zenya said she gets a "ton of mail" in her out of town post-office box — most of which is bills, but she also gets many cards from well wishers.

A ton of mail that is mostly bills? I get a ton of mail that is mostly junk...ads and such.

I would say my mail is mostly bills, it's just what you say I think when you don't have that much money, all mail seems to be bills bills bills. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe