NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For example, in 2001, isotope analysis was used to identify the remains of a young boy found in the Thames River in England.
"Adam" has never been identified.

"Adam" has never been identified.
His Websleuths thread

I would think that there are most likely family members--whether siblings of MC's mom, MC's grandparents, MC's siblings, or MC's mother herself--are out there looking. Either for MC herself or just the mother, not knowing her fate or that she had a child. The question is, where would they be concentrating their online searches?

I would think that there are most likely family members--whether siblings of MC's mom, MC's grandparents, MC's siblings, or MC's mother herself--are out there looking. Either for MC herself or just the mother, not knowing her fate or that she had a child. The question is, where would they be concentrating their online searches?
The family of MC’s mom? I would think that IF they are looking for their loved ones, they wouid likely be googling the mom’s name, MC’s name (if they knew about MC) maybe even one of TPR’s aliases (if they knew about TPR). If the mother had an extremely common name they likely won’t get too far. She maybe did have not the best relationship with her family and being it was 45 years ago, maybe there is not any family left to search for them. Or her situation was similar to Suzanne Sevakis and hence the family members would have no reason to look for anyone if MC’s mom is accounted for and they believe the daughter was raised elsewhere by her Dad.

As for identifying the MC-How would I put this tactfully? NH currently is not up on how IGG has to work.....so unless there is a lucky big match that happens I have my doubts. As for Rasmussen's behavior-yes he sexually abused and mentally and physically controlled and tormented his victims. If his wife had not run with the kids when she found cigarette burns on their son I'm sure they would have all been dead too.
We're trying! Many people have reached out to help them but NH State Police is not interested in civilian help, even if we work for other organizations. There isn't even a cold case unit anymore.

@forthevictims Ugh on the LE angle. Where does the team go from here, once the tree is built out this far? Does the team just keep contacting more people, or does it become more passive ie: regularly checking for new uploads?
I'm a genetic genealogist, and depending on if you are working alone or on a team (and this would be a team because its massive), we will wait for new matches. Unless there is a high match or you get really stuck, we try not to contact matches because we don't want to risk tipping someone off or having them remove any materials,which happens a lot.

We're trying! Many people have reached out to help them but NH State Police is not interested in civilian help, even if we work for other organizations. There isn't even a cold case unit anymore.
I had a smidge of good luck with the NH State Police. I submitted a tip about a year or two ago, and the detective called me right back to ask for the provenance, which I gave. I never heard back after, but at least it garnered an initial response. So to say they aren't interested in civilian help is not entirely true, but I'm thinking it's mostly true and only one way. Like, if I had asked questions, of which I have many, he might not have been forthcoming, but at least he reached out.

I also emailed the team doing the research to ask for more specific information, but never heard back.

My two main questions, which I think may help a lot, are: (1) were the MC's ancestors the issue of Thomas Mitchell and William Livings's marriages, in that is she as genetically related to their wives, too? And, (2) how strong is her genetic relationship to the Spiers, as that name comes up a lot in both the Mitchell and Livings descendants.

So if anyone knows those answers, please let me know. :)

Full disclosure: I'm probably not using the right terminology but I'm just an amateur.

I had a smidge of good luck with the NH State Police. I submitted a tip about a year or two ago, and the detective called me right back to ask for the provenance, which I gave. I never heard back after, but at least it garnered an initial response. So to say they aren't interested in civilian help is not entirely true, but I'm thinking it's mostly true and only one way. Like, if I had asked questions, of which I have many, he might not have been forthcoming, but at least he reached out.

I also emailed the team doing the research to ask for more specific information, but never heard back.

My two main questions, which I think may help a lot, are: (1) were the MC's ancestors the issue of Thomas Mitchell and William Livings's marriages, in that is she as genetically related to their wives, too? And, (2) how strong is her genetic relationship to the Spiers, as that name comes up a lot in both the Mitchell and Livings descendants.

So if anyone knows those answers, please let me know. :)

Full disclosure: I'm probably not using the right terminology but I'm just an amateur.
Well then you've gotten more than the families have ever gotten! At the rallies I have gone to, 3 families have said they've been contacted in the past year, and two of them were members of Maura Murray's family. And I'm talking more about assistance in investigations...

Well then you've gotten more than the families have ever gotten! At the rallies I have gone to, 3 families have said they've been contacted in the past year, and two of them were members of Maura Murray's family. And I'm talking more about assistance in investigations...
Do you mean the MC is also related to Maura Murray's family, too?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back