NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so certain the MC's was murdered by TR and is now a Jane Doe or a missing person.
There are so many other possibilities:

1. She could be an identified murder victim, and TR may or may not have been the perp, and that's how the MC came to be with him
2. She could have died of natural causes when the MC was young, and TR gained custody of their daughter.
3. He could have been granted visitation and didn't bring her back after a visit. That could be one reason why he changed his name, too, to make it difficult for the MC's mother to find him.
4. She could be incarcerated. Or she could could have been incarcerated and died in prison.
5. She could have died between now and then, looking for the MC the whole time. And by some twist of fate, didn't come across the A4 victims, or didn't recognize the circumstances and passed it by.
6. She could still be alive and hasn't looked for her daughter because TR told her a believable story. And she either chose not to verify it because she trusted him, or lacked the funds or the means to. Remember, we have the power of hindsight, so we've seen his evil deeds over the decades. But the MC's mother met him in what appears to be the beginning of full blown wickedness, and might not have been exposed to that side of him. He wasn't even a serial killer (that we know of) when the MC's mother was with him, so if he made up some story as to where their daughter was, she may have had no reason to doubt it. I'm probably not explaining this right, but when my naive mother met my father, he didn't show his true colors right right away, and they only got worse as time went on.

These are just a few. Just about any combination of them could work, too.
You make some really good points Alleykins. 2 and 3 seem highly likely to me. 4 reminds me of Suzanne Marie Sevakis's case. Her mom's husband kidnapped all her children while she was in jail for a minor charge (if I remember correctly it was for stealing diapers or something with money). She tried to file a missing persons report but the police in the 70's told her he was allowed to do that as their step-father. Maybe something similar happened to her?

You make some really good points Alleykins. 2 and 3 seem highly likely to me. 4 reminds me of Suzanne Marie Sevakis's case. Her mom's husband kidnapped all her children while she was in jail for a minor charge (if I remember correctly it was for stealing diapers or something with money). She tried to file a missing persons report but the police in the 70's told her he was allowed to do that as their step-father. Maybe something similar happened to her?

Thanks, aThousandYearsWide. There are so many possible scenarios as to how the MC got separated from her mother, it will be interesting to find out how she ended up with TR.

The Casa Del Rey apartments with 75 units opened in early 1974.

294t283.jpg

2ev5ipy.png

15oym1u.png

In April of 1975, Brown & Root was actively seeking Electricians in the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

29pwaae.jpg

I'm not so certain the MC's was murdered by TR and is now a Jane Doe or a missing person.
There are so many other possibilities:

1. She could be an identified murder victim, and TR may or may not have been the perp, and that's how the MC came to be with him
2. She could have died of natural causes when the MC was young, and TR gained custody of their daughter.
3. He could have been granted visitation and didn't bring her back after a visit. That could be one reason why he changed his name, too, to make it difficult for the MC's mother to find him.
4. She could be incarcerated. Or she could could have been incarcerated and died in prison.
5. She could have died between now and then, looking for the MC the whole time. And by some twist of fate, didn't come across the A4 victims, or didn't recognize the circumstances and passed it by.
6. She could still be alive and hasn't looked for her daughter because TR told her a believable story. And she either chose not to verify it because she trusted him, or lacked the funds or the means to. Remember, we have the power of hindsight, so we've seen his evil deeds over the decades. But the MC's mother met him in what appears to be the beginning of full blown wickedness, and might not have been exposed to that side of him. He wasn't even a serial killer (that we know of) when the MC's mother was with him, so if he made up some story as to where their daughter was, she may have had no reason to doubt it. I'm probably not explaining this right, but when my naive mother met my father, he didn't show his true colors right right away, and they only got worse as time went on.

These are just a few. Just about any combination of them could work, too.

Or maybe she's the one who died in a car accident.
One of the stories he told people was that Lisa's mother had "died in a car accident in Texas."
Sarah's father was also told by "someone" that Marlyse had died in a car accident and the kids were being raised by their grandparents.
Could have been it happened to the mother and his daughter was placed with her grandparents, and he came to collect her later.
God knows with all his lies.
If he murdered her and her family knew his name, I'm thinking he would have changed it already back then but he was still TR when he met Marlyse.

Also I'm wondering if his child or the mother was called Lisa, since he renamed Dawn Lisa Marie.
Can't find it online but it's in this 1988 citation.

Last edited:
Earlier this year, I learned about this case for the first time, back before the IDs had been announced. It just happened to jump back into my mind today, and I was amazed to see the recent news. So I caught up and read this whole thread.

Got a question for those of you who might have some forensic or medical knowledge: I know it's been discussed whether any of the 4 victims were ill at the time of the murder, and there seems to be consensus that Marie showed signs of pneumonia. I'm wondering (not doubting, just would like to learn) - how can they tell that from a body that's been deceased ~5 years? Presence of a certain bacteria or something? Anybody know?

Earlier this year, I learned about this case for the first time, back before the IDs had been announced. It just happened to jump back into my mind today, and I was amazed to see the recent news. So I caught up and read this whole thread.

Got a question for those of you who might have some forensic or medical knowledge: I know it's been discussed whether any of the 4 victims were ill at the time of the murder, and there seems to be consensus that Marie showed signs of pneumonia. I'm wondering (not doubting, just would like to learn) - how can they tell that from a body that's been deceased ~5 years? Presence of a certain bacteria or something? Anybody know?

I’ve been wondering the exact same thing... The only thing I could come up with is that maybe her lungs hadn’t completely decomposed yet and maybe were mummified or something. Then they could take tissue samples and look for bacteria or scarring. But I have no idea how trustworthy these tests would be on tissue that has been dead for 5 years. I suppose it depends on the level of decomposition.

Another possibility is that they found signs of severe infection (f.e. growth retardation) in her body and decided that given her age, pneumonia would have been the most likely cause. Though as you can imagine, that’s no exact science and I doubt they would made a statement about her having pneumonia if it was just “a guess”.

I’ve been wondering the exact same thing... The only thing I could come up with is that maybe her lungs hadn’t completely decomposed yet and maybe were mummified or something. Then they could take tissue samples and look for bacteria or scarring. But I have no idea how trustworthy these tests would be on tissue that has been dead for 5 years. I suppose it depends on the level of decomposition.

Another possibility is that they found signs of severe infection (f.e. growth retardation) in her body and decided that given her age, pneumonia would have been the most likely cause. Though as you can imagine, that’s no exact science and I doubt they would made a statement about her having pneumonia if it was just “a guess”.

"There was some evidence of pneumonia in her left lung." was the original statement, if that was bacteria or appearance I have no idea but I do know lungs with pneumonia usually look different than healthy ones..

About the state of their bodies, one of the boys who first found the barrel described a rotten smell and a white liquid coming out when they kicked it, and the officer who first opened the bag said there was a decomposed face looking right at him.
(They were interviewed on BBP)

"There was some evidence of pneumonia in her left lung." was the original statement, if that was bacteria or appearance I have no idea but I do know lungs with pneumonia usually look different than healthy ones..

About the state of their bodies, one of the boys who first found the barrel described a rotten smell and a white liquid coming out when they kicked it, and the officer who first opened the bag said there was a decomposed face looking right at him.
(They were interviewed on BBP)

BBM. Yikes, wow.

Sounds like the plastic bag and the climate (New Hampshire woods are fairly humid, right?) made a pretty big difference in the decomposition process in this case. Things probably didn't have a chance to dry out like they would have in, say, a dry desert climate or in direct sunlight or if the bag hadn't interrupted evaporation and other processes, I am guessing.

Thanks for the info!

Serial Killer Terry Rasmussen Went on a Cross-Country Spree — as Police Still Try to ID Victims
The girl who some called Angel was no longer recognizable by the time her remains were found in a steel barrel in New Hampshire’s Bear Brook State Park on May 9, 2000.

Police suspected she was between five and six years old — slightly older than the other girl found with her, who had light brown hair and a gap between her teeth.

Now, police are trying to figure out Angel’s actual name — the monicker Angel was given to her by Honeychurch’s family — as well as the identity of her mother, whom authorities believe also fell prey to the serial killer who sought out single women with children.

Scientist creates a 'ground-breaking' technique to crack cold cases by extracting DNA from stray strands of HAIR without a root left behind at crime scenes by killers and victims

17 September 2019

"Scientists Ed Green has developed a way to recover nuclear DNA from hair

Normally this is only possible if the root is still attached to the piece of hair

But latest method could mean any hair left at a crime scene could be identified

Technique helped reveal the identity of three Bear Brook murder victims..."

Scientist creates a 'ground-breaking' technique to crack cold cases | Daily Mail Online

DNB4ZGUIRII6TC7Q6Q6CVKTE5M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member