NH NH/CA - Robert Evans, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Evan Snider...While he looks enough like RE (estimated height ~6'0'' or 6'1'' I believe), Snider is much shorter (5'7'' I believe).

re: Evan Snider...While he looks enough like RE (estimated height ~6'0'' or 6'1'' I believe), Snider is much shorter (5'7'' I believe).
I just personally cant see this being Evans .what we know about Evans,he likely lived a,lifestyle that wouldn't be noticed if he was missing.he was a drifter...photos are similar though.but a person like Evans who had a history such as he did,and killed women/children...likely had issues stemming back to childhood,and likely wasn't reported missing.IMO only

I think it is possible that NH did not enter the prints into livescan, perhaps because they were destroyed in some way.... when I worked at county jail, we had all of our old print cards pre livescan stored upstairs in a storage room. whenever someone was arrested that we determined had not been arrested in years, we retrieved the file and then it was kept in the office for awhile (to see if that arrestee would come around frequently again) sometimes, ppl were arrested nd issued a new number, then we would discover from his livescan he had been to our facility previously and we would retrieve the old file and consolidate it w the new one.

its possible that since he was not arrested again, his file with print cards was archived somewhere and maybe destroyed in a flood or fire or some other way. maybe since he had never been arrestd again they simply never entered it, or it was lost.

Until quite recently, New Hampshire didn't share any of its criminal data with other states.

I think the procedure for uploading old cards is pretty much what you describe--since he never was arrested in New Hampshire again, his prints probably weren't added until the new activity this fall and winter. If they could even find the card.

Kemo its possible may have had been taught French ... I know in SouthWest Louisiana the old acadian French is taught at home and in some elementary schools, my ex's-GM spoke it fluently. Old Acadian French is a bit different than the French thats spoken today

Anywho ... In all the accent is distinct he could very well have been taught this at home somewhere on the East Coast.

The note of an accent has definitely given a new thought prospective.

Your right DB's family did not make any mention, maybe due the fact Evans sounded like them ... So still leads to the thought was Evans from the New England area ?
Wonder what it was that caught her ear, the word usage, the tone.. What exactly is speaking in singy...song... Going to youtube and find someone from upper new england to listen too

BBM

In the Francophone communities of New England, and those still exist today in Maine, New Hampshire (including Manchester, particularly the West Side which is often referred to as "Little Canada"), and Vermont, "New England French," which is a variety of Canadian French, is spoken. The exception to this is the Acadian French spoken in the Saint John Valley of Aroostook County, Maine; this same Acadian French is spoken in Louisiana.

French Canadians in northern New England also refer to themselves as Quebecois (sorry for the lack of accent marks), Quebecers, and Franco-Americans. Between 1860 and 1930 upwards of 750,000 French Canadians (most of them from Quebec and known as the Quebec diaspora) emigrated to the U.S and particularly to New England to work as mill workers in the industrialized cities and towns--and for many years Manchester had the highest number of textile mills in the world. It is highly likely DB descended from these workers; the family name probably originated as Beaudoin, (pronounced bowd win). I would speculate that today roughly 25% of the population of Manchester is French Canadian or French; their influence is strong.

New England French is characterized by pronunciation and vocabulary; I have been listening to it (but do not speak it) since 1964 when I was in my early teens, albeit not on a steady basis, but I can recognize it being spoken anywhere in the world because the sound is distinctive irregardless of the gender or age of the speaker. I was standing in line to view an exhibit while on a business trip to Dubai last year when the woman in front of me who had been speaking to a companion in New England French turned around and smiled at me; I then asked her if she was Quebecois, and her answer was, "I live in Manchester, New Hampshire. Do you know it?"

It is worth mentioning that when French Canadians speak English, I can pick up on the New England French accent because it is so distinctive. For the record I have neither Canadian nor French heritage, but my stepsister was born in the Little Canada neighborhood of Lowell, Massachusetts to a seventh generation Quebecois mother. My stepsister is my "go-to" source for all French Canadian information because she has spent a lifetime trying to insure her maternal heritage will not be forgotten. It is her suggestion that YouTube would have at least several good examples of English being spoken by members of the French Canadian communities in New England.

Hope this information helps!

A few of my theories:

Evans was probably not born in San Pedro or Evanston, Wyoming. At any rate, he did not grow up in either place. He grew up or possibly was born back East, possibly around New England.

Definitely Danish or Norwegian. On the Allenstown Research page, a commenter says, "There you go. You got it right. Danish man with local connections." This person may know who he is. It was said that he spoke a foreign language. That could be Norwegian or Danish.

Another commenter who seems like he knew who he was said, "Child molester. Took many secrets with him to his grave." This comment was made in 2015 and this person eerily seemed to know that Evans was dead.

Another commenter who knows too much said, "They were not angels and he was not necessarily evil, but they did not deserve to die." He then elaborates later on, implying that the dead woman may not have been a good person either. He says she sold her kids to Evans so he could molest them. Also said Evans blackmailed her to get her to do this. If she was a criminal too, then it makes excellent sense how we have not been able to turn her up.

Youtube commenter who knows too much said, "I know the 10 year old. She was my best friend. Her name was Stefanie."

After leaving NH with Denise, Evans and Denise may have gone to Texas. They may have lived there for some time. Denise may well have been killed in Texas, but she may have lived with Evans for a couple of years before she was killed. "She panicked in a robbery." Does this mean that Evans said she was helping him to rob someone. He says repeatedly that the girl's mother (Denise) died in Texas. Car he was driving in Santa Cruz registered to a motel in Texas.

Man and woman (Denise) who lived across from the store in 1980-81 say that the women were a family. They were "carnies" who traveled with carnivals. A man named "the trucker" seems to be involved, but he is not Evans. This man came from Texas with the woman and her two children. The three of them lived in a white trailer across from the store and later may have moved into an apartment above the store. The witness said that the woman came from a foreign country and spoke broken English. Evans may well have been molesting both of the woman's daughters. Same woman said she witnessed the killings one night - she heard them. She called police twice but no one came. She tried to call a third time but was threatened so she stopped.

From one or two other commenters, more references to "the trucker" who brought the family from Texas. Also references to carnies.

The girl in the first barrel had her skull bashed in with a brick.

Evans' daughter is quite a mystery, but there is a suggestion that she was close to the family of three who were killed.

Three females probably a family - mother and two children.

There are repeated references to "the trucker" and some seem to suggest that this is Evans. But how was Evans a trucker?

Evans' missing 12 years were mostly spent in California, where he lived in back of a store where he worked in Contra Costa County. This was near where he met wife Jun.

Evans was indeed in the military.

The store burned to the ground in 1983. A man who knows too much says that fire was related to the killings. How?
Robert Lewis Quaile Sr. Born in Cortland NY in 1937 or 38, worked in electrical maintenance department of Waumbec with Evans. They were close friends and shared "extracurricular activities." Quaile is now dead. He was a rapist.

Motive in a lot of cases was child molesting. Looks like he liked them young too. A babyf****r.

Evans is a charming psychopath, a classic case.

The language thing could potentially be a huge piece of the puzzle. I am a native Quebecois speaker. French was my first language, although I've also spoken English since I was a child. My family was Metis from Quebec and I was raised in the States, but since it was my first language, I still have an accent (to other people!) My husband describes it as "everything I say is a question" since I tend to raise my voice at the end of every sentence. I also sometimes have issues pronouncing the "th" sound and leave "s" of at the end of plural words. I don't get a lot of comments on it now since I am back in Canada, but I did when I was younger.

As they believe the middle girl's mother was Native, and he mentioned meeting his first wife in Quebec I believe, is it possible she could have been Metis? Living in New England or elsewhere. There are tons of both Status and Non Status Metis who do not live on reserves (I am one of them ;) ) My family came from Quebec down into Michigan then Wisconsin, which is not far from the isotope match for the middle girl.

You bring up a good point: all along the eastern Canadian-US border, from Minnesota and Wisconsin all the way to the Atlantic, there is a great deal of movement between countries. Families often have members living on both sides of the the border. Fishing boats, tourist boats, pleasure craft from Cape Breton to the mid-Atlantic. Not just First Peoples and Quebecois but also Anglo-Irish and recently a lot of immigrants from Russia and eastern Europe.

I always thought the middle girl looked like she had Metis ancestry, or other tribes from that general area.

Another group that has that questioning lift at the end of sentences, that could be described as a lilting or singsong rhythm, is southern Californians, particularly from the San Bernardino area. It was quite startling the first time I ran into it, when my son moved to CA a few years back.

From what I have read, the DNA profile suggested that the unidentified woman and the two children related to her probably had some Native ancestry. The child of Evans probably had more Native ancestry. Evans, from his photos does not appear to have significant Native ancestry but you can't really tell.

(There are certain genetic markers that are believed to only have existed in Native Peoples in the New World and not in people from Europe, so if you have any, you probably have Native Ancestry. After Colonization, as Native populations dropped and their culture was disrupted, there was a lot of inter-mixing within the Native population. It is now considered unreliable if not impossible to determine what Nation someone with Native Ancestry descended from.

I hadn't realized that there were so many Metis people around who still spoke French. I suspect many Metis people, over the years, blended in with the Québécois population. In addition, many North Americans, whose families go back a ways, are aware they have some "Indian blood" but have no particular identity based on it. The upshot of all this is that all of the four "does" could be from just about anywhere but since the three related "does" also had isotopes consistent with Southern NH, where there were many French Canadians, there is a strong possibility that they were from the local area.

In some cases, it is possible to identify the region someone's Native Ancestors came from. That may be the reason the Isotope map, associated with the unrelated "doe" is marked with the two red boxes. They are areas with significant Native populations while areas in the South-West and West Coast, that also have Significant Native populations are not marked. Unfortunately, people move around so much within the US that she could be from anywhere.

Still, I think that child is the Key to this Mystery. The charade started somewhere and it could very well have been when he left this child, and presumably the mother and moved to NH in approximately 1977. ( it appears he later separated the child from her mother and brought her to NH, probably 1980). Where did she live? who is the mother? What happened to her? These are questions that will settle the mystery.

I think there are enough people still around who associated with Evans. Skillfully interviewing of these folks might unlock the mystery.

A few of my theories:

Evans was probably not born in San Pedro or Evanston, Wyoming. At any rate, he did not grow up in either place. He grew up or possibly was born back East, possibly around New England.

Definitely Danish or Norwegian. On the Allenstown Research page, a commenter says, "There you go. You got it right. Danish man with local connections." This person may know who he is. It was said that he spoke a foreign language. That could be Norwegian or Danish.

Another commenter who seems like he knew who he was said, "Child molester. Took many secrets with him to his grave." This comment was made in 2015 and this person eerily seemed to know that Evans was dead.

Another commenter who knows too much said, "They were not angels and he was not necessarily evil, but they did not deserve to die." He then elaborates later on, implying that the dead woman may not have been a good person either. He says she sold her kids to Evans so he could molest them. Also said Evans blackmailed her to get her to do this. If she was a criminal too, then it makes excellent sense how we have not been able to turn her up.

Youtube commenter who knows too much said, "I know the 10 year old. She was my best friend. Her name was Stefanie."

After leaving NH with Denise, Evans and Denise may have gone to Texas. They may have lived there for some time. Denise may well have been killed in Texas, but she may have lived with Evans for a couple of years before she was killed. "She panicked in a robbery." Does this mean that Evans said she was helping him to rob someone. He says repeatedly that the girl's mother (Denise) died in Texas. Car he was driving in Santa Cruz registered to a motel in Texas.

Man and woman (Denise) who lived across from the store in 1980-81 say that the women were a family. They were "carnies" who traveled with carnivals. A man named "the trucker" seems to be involved, but he is not Evans. This man came from Texas with the woman and her two children. The three of them lived in a white trailer across from the store and later may have moved into an apartment above the store. The witness said that the woman came from a foreign country and spoke broken English. Evans may well have been molesting both of the woman's daughters. Same woman said she witnessed the killings one night - she heard them. She called police twice but no one came. She tried to call a third time but was threatened so she stopped.

From one or two other commenters, more references to "the trucker" who brought the family from Texas. Also references to carnies.

The girl in the first barrel had her skull bashed in with a brick.

Evans' daughter is quite a mystery, but there is a suggestion that she was close to the family of three who were killed.

Three females probably a family - mother and two children.

There are repeated references to "the trucker" and some seem to suggest that this is Evans. But how was Evans a trucker?

Evans' missing 12 years were mostly spent in California, where he lived in back of a store where he worked in Contra Costa County. This was near where he met wife Jun.

Evans was indeed in the military.

The store burned to the ground in 1983. A man who knows too much says that fire was related to the killings. How?
Robert Lewis Quaile Sr. Born in Cortland NY in 1937 or 38, worked in electrical maintenance department of Waumbec with Evans. They were close friends and shared "extracurricular activities." Quaile is now dead. He was a rapist.

Motive in a lot of cases was child molesting. Looks like he liked them young too. A babyf****r.

Evans is a charming psychopath, a classic case.

I have to run to get my grandson. Isotopes show she was not a foreigner; none of them were. Its possible she was raised by immigrants like I was and the girls father was too.

I feel Denise didn't make it out of NH. I think he killed her and split with Lisa.

maybe he didn't report her, but somehow came in inadvertent contact w police and had to come up w a story.

Getting back to Nathan Wisely/Dorothy case...a few things that wouldn't really match the case :1)why would he report her missing?id think he would want no focus on his missing"wife".2)dates.if she was poss preg at time(poss with the middle child?)where was she until she delivered child ? However,I find more things leaning towards Dorothy possibly being mother of middle child:1)she was passive,so was Denise.not sure bout Jun.2)if she was preg,it would be around middle child estimated DOB.3)"Nathan"really has no past or present info avail on internet searches.was this a fictitious ID to begin with?it most certainly seems it would have to be.4)Ohio is near Midwestern states indicated in isotype tests .

im on the fence. the baby was young and I don't see him wanting the dirty work. I do think he killed her, but idk if it was NH or TX or somewhere else. .

I have to run to get my grandson. Isotopes show she was not a foreigner; none of them were. Its possible she was raised by immigrants like I was and the girls father was too.

I feel Denise didn't make it out of NH. I think he killed her and split with Lisa.

I think if he killed her in NH, she'd be in the Allenstown barrels, too. I know they conducted a major search after the second barrel was found, but do you think they might search the area again after these recent developments?

I think if he killed her in NH, she'd be in the Allenstown barrels, too. I know they conducted a major search after the second barrel was found, but do you think they might search the area again after these recent developments?

Yes, they announced in the press conf. that they are going to go back and research the area again in the spring.

Investigators don't think he took off alone with an infant because of the work involved in caring for one, but stranger things have happened.

Investigators don't think he took off alone with an infant because of the work involved in caring for one, but stranger things have happened.
With Lisa saying she has a vague memory of a woman, he could have picked up another woman. Didn't he say he got married in Virginia? Hell, maybe he already had one on the side, and she left New Hampshire with him and the baby. It's unfortunate, but Denise could be almost anywhere in the U.S., including back in New Hampshire. Since they actually have a crime scene there to search, I kind of hope she is.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes, they announced in the press conf. that they are going to go back and research the area again in the spring.

Thanks. I'm still trying to catch up after being away so long...

That was my impression as well ....Believe it was either 2nd or 3rd person whom spoke at the presser .... have to go back and listen again. Do not remember the exact wording however .... it was "when they left NH" .... not left Manchester or Allenstown when "they left NH" ... Maybe it was said due to it now being a state involved case ... IDK Have a feeling that LE believes all (3) left the state of NH together.

Alleykins .... stranger things have happened

With Lisa saying she has a vague memory of a woman, he could have picked up another woman. Didn't he say he got married in Virginia? Hell, maybe he already had one on the side, and she left New Hampshire with him and the baby. It's unfortunate, but Denise could be almost anywhere in the U.S., including back in New Hampshire. Since they actually have a crime scene there to search, I kind of hope she is.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Pondered that as well ..... Evans seems to have been a bit of a ladies man as shocking as that is to say... We know he traveled a lot, he could have different women in different places ...

It appears that he tended to stay in relationships for a while. Pity he didn't go for divorce rather than murder though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow