NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is reading too much into his aliases.if there was a common thread,investigators would have found it.if the victims had been reported missing ,it would have have been discovered by now.trying to decide if he's of Danish ancestory or any other...isnt a huge impact on this case .The only thing to solve this is someone coming forward as knowing RE.imo

A few more notes on his aliases. Some of the common name aliases he used could have come from Star Wars material. "William" in Lawrence William Vanner could have been taken from William Shatner. The actress Robin "Curtis" took over the role of Lt. Saavik from Kristie Alley. Robert Evans started using the alias "Curtis" Kimball before Robin Curtis appeared in her first movie, but I am sure there was hoopla in the news about the changeover months before her first movie. Both of these scenarios are low on the probability chart, but only Robert knows where he took the names from. Robert liked to use the aliases of Edward(s), Curtis, and Gordon. All three of these can be used as first names or last names. (Flash Gordon) (in my opinion)

And I can understand why the followers of Star Trek/Star Wars on WS would be hesitant to admit that a Star Trek follower turns out to be a Serial Killer. And I think this news conference that started the original thread on this came on January 26, barely one month ago.

Thank you for the feedback aThousandYearsWide.
There has been speculation about where this autobiography came from and why he would have written it.
If you read verbatim from the article you quoted above :
"In 1986, Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained. It said he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian-American parents who abused him practically from birth, and refused to allow him to attend school. It said he ran away from home at age 14, joined the military, then moved to Canada, where he met Denise LaPorte. It said they married in Virginia, had a daughter, and that Denise died in 1983." http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/27/richmond-the-sordid-past-of-drifter-linked-to-six-killings/

It doesn't sound like something that he wrote in 1986 , carried around with him and authorities later obtained it.
To me , considering the timing , it sounds as though he wrote this and perhaps gave it to the couple who he abandoned Lisa with in the RV park- almost as a family background for the child so that she would have it as she grew older. He abandoned Lisa in 1986 . This is when he wrote it . It states that authorities obtained it " later" .
If someone abandoned a child in my care with a letter explaining who her parents were , you can bet that I would keep it or pass it with her when she became adopted. I believe that he wrote that letter and gave it to the couple at the RV park when he abandoned Lisa.
Now what the blend of fact and fiction in the note is , who is to say ? He did use Denise's real first name.

I would also be careful what you post here because of certain lurkers looking for us "web nuts" to dig up a nugget or two for them.
I would contact Strelzin, he's the SR Assistant AG
I found this on the NH.gov site contact list.
https://das.nh.gov/directory/procSearch_internet.asp?Action=Depts&lstDepts=JUSTICE+DEPT+OF
(603) 271-3671
[email]jeffery.strelzin@doj.nh.gov[/EMAIL]
there are people on here who do the same thing,I assure .however ,I personally am not out for a prize.ive done the digging,I someone wants to claim it,then that tells me what kind of person they are.as long as the case gets solved,im ok with that .I have a clear conscience .

Anyone have a subscription to this? I wonder if they have archives and how far back they go? Wonder if they might have done articles or lists of men who went in the military, etc. Just reaching for ideas.

Does this have anything to do with my leads on the Jensen history carbuff?

Indirectly. It was a newspaper article about some of the people. But after last night's excitement, it looks like a false alarm; the person I was looking at seems not to be related after all.

Sigh, back to the drawing board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Americans

Early Norwegian settlements were in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Illinois, but moved westward into Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Dakotas. Later waves of Norwegian immigration went to the Western states such as Washington and Oregon, and Utah through missionary efforts of gaining Norwegian and Swedish converts by the Mormons. Additionally, craftsmen also immigrated to a larger, more diverse market. Until recently, there was a Norwegian area in Sunset Park, Brooklyn originally populated by Norwegian craftsmen.

RE: the name Ulos

I agree that it's probably an imperfectly heard or imperfectly remembered name, possibly influenced by the Star Trek connection.

Besides the Finnish connection, the Star Trek possibility, and the possibility it's related to Elias, I found similar names in Norwegian, Swedish, and Estonian.

Elle, Elles, Elos, Ello, Eli, Elias, Ella as a nickname for Ulrich/Ulrick. In Greek-speaking countries it can be a variant/diminutive of Ulysses also. I think there may have been more but I don't have my notes in front of me right now.

The only thing they have in common is that none of them are very common.

What I am getting is a lot co-relation between Norwegian settlement and places he says he has been or they know/suspect him as being.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Americans

In the Pacific Northwest, the Puget Sound region, and especially the city of Seattle, became another center of immigrant life. Enclaves of Norwegian immigrants emerged as well in greater Brooklyn, New York, in Alaska, and Texas. After Minnesota, Wisconsin had the most Norwegians in 1990, followed by California, Washington, and North Dakota.

That's interesting because I found that Ulos means (of movement) out, outside; outdoors, in the Finnish language. Evans is said to have spoken a foreign language, I wonder what language it was.

I've wondered about that myself. I've searched the autobiography and only could find-

IMO it seems to be a mixture of truth and fiction, maybe even an explanation to authorities why he had a child with him. Maybe he knew he could be discovered soon and this was to throw them off so he wouldn't get linked back to Manchester. He might have not known Denise and Dawn weren't reported missing. The truths I think that are in the note was Lisa's mother being named Denise (we know that's definitely true) and that she possibly died in 1983. Even some of his upbringing may be true, like having 6 siblings.

To answer your question, it seems Ulos Jenson was spoken rather than written.
I found another article that states that at one point he told people he was born in Wyoming as Ulos Jenson .

So it could be possible that the people he took misheard Ulos and that it could be spelled wrong.

My take on it is that I don't think he would tell people his real birth name on the run, and the last name Jenson likely came from his most previous alias or was the alias he was using at the time. It also doesn't mention exactly when he told people, but it's most likely the late 80's before his arrest, so he either was using Gordon Jenson, or Gerry Mockerman at the time. Him telling people while using his Jenson alias would make the most sense IMO, people do change their first names in adulthood, it's not unusual.

IMO Ulos could be either a completely random name he choose or a vague link to his past, like his father, grandfather, or uncle being named Ulos.

Gordon Jensen/Jenson (not sure which spelling) was the name in the legal notice about Lisa's abandonment.

Is there a reason you decided to focus on Norwegian, not Danish or Swedish?

A few more notes on his aliases. Some of the common name aliases he used could have come from Star Wars material. "William" in Lawrence William Vanner could have been taken from William Shatner. The actress Robin "Curtis" took over the role of Lt. Saavik from Kristie Alley. Robert Evans started using the alias "Curtis" Kimball before Robin Curtis appeared in her first movie, but I am sure there was hoopla in the news about the changeover months before her first movie. Both of these scenarios are low on the probability chart, but only Robert knows where he took the names from. Robert liked to use the aliases of Edward(s), Curtis, and Gordon. All three of these can be used as first names or last names. (Flash Gordon) (in my opinion)

And I can understand why the followers of Star Trek/Star Wars on WS would be hesitant to admit that a Star Trek follower turns out to be a Serial Killer. And I think this news conference that started the original thread on this came on January 26, barely one month ago.

What about one of the crew that he doesn't name. who would he identify the most with , I'm leaning on Scotty the chief engineer. I'm still stuck on him obtaining jobs as an electrician. the IBEW international brotherhood of electrial workers, financed the land after Santa's village and when the person who borrowed the money defaulted they subsequently sold it to a Developer of homes. But at one time it was the Holiday Host RV park.
[FONT=Lucida Grande, LucidaGrande, Verdana, sans-serif]The psychedelic murals were painted over and the building was used for classes until 1972 when the Barn became part of the fifteen-acre Holiday Host Travel Park (Holiday Gazette 1981).

Thought it was interesting that it has been mentioned that Evans may of had some association with the IBEW but in Hawaii.
[/FONT]

I'm finding a "U Jensen" in the Navy at Ancestry but I don't have an Ancestry account. Has anyone gone done this road yet?

Scotty's name on Star trek "Montgomery Christopher Jorgensen "Scotty" Scott . Wikipedia.
Jorgensen is close to Jensen / Jenson.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members