NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains of three children found in a box in Montana, not many details yet but the children appear to be in the same age range as the Allenstown girls. I wonder if there's a connection?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Skeletal-Remains-of-3-children-in-box-Sep-17
Investigators think the bones are from the last several years. We don't know much about TPR's movements in the '90s, so he may have more victims from that era. And who knows, the investigators may be wrong about the age of the bones.

Investigators think the bones are from the last several years. We don't know much about TPR's movements in the '90s, so he may have more victims from that era. And who knows, the investigators may be wrong about the age of the bones.

Yeah, they're likely too recent, but they haven't said anything definitive either. Modern versus archaeological could be a couple of years or a couple of decades.

He's known to have been in Idaho, which isn't far from Missoula.

How did it come to light that TR had 4 other children? The ones from a previous marriage?

I can't remember the sequence of events myself.

Forthevictims, please refresh my memory, was it TR's family recognizing him and they contacting investigators OR did investigators track TR down through fingerprints with the military (at the press conf. they said they'd reach out to the military for help) and reach out to the family?

I'm not 100% certain, from what I remember was one of his sons submitted DNA to compare after "Bob Evans" was highly publicized and possibly after he was said to be from AZ, CA, and HI, places they had lived as a family.

I feel for the family that first got left by their father and then he turned out to be a serial killer, and on top of that, they have a sibling they never got to meet. I hope they are doing well.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I can't remember the sequence of events myself.

Forthevictims, please refresh my memory, was it TR's family recognizing him and they contacting investigators OR did investigators track TR down through fingerprints with the military (at the press conf. they said they'd reach out to the military for help) and reach out to the family?

I'm not sure if it was ever made clear which way it happened-- whether the family came to authorities or authorities found the family first-- but I know one of his children had posted his name on a genealogy message board several years ago. I found it while searching his name when the news first came out but it may be difficult to find now (and I think we would not be allowed to link to it here since it says his 4 kids names in that message board post). My impression at the time the news came out about his first family is that the family may have been found through that message board posting-- through a very dedicated person looking up names from message boards and comparing old military photos or whatever they could find. But I could be wrong about that impression.

Hopefully Forthevictims can clarify.

I'm not sure if it was ever made clear which way it happened-- whether the family came to authorities or authorities found the family first-- but I know one of his children had posted his name on a genealogy message board several years ago. I found it while searching his name when the news first came out but it may be difficult to find now (and I think we would not be allowed to link to it here since it says his 4 kids names in that message board post). My impression at the time the news came out about his first family is that the family may have been found through that message board posting-- through a very dedicated person looking up names from message boards and comparing old military photos or whatever they could find. But I could be wrong about that impression.

Hopefully Forthevictims can clarify.
You're right! I found this,

"Gordon said in a statement that investigators obtained a DNA sample from Rasmussen’s adult son, which helped to confirm the killer’s true identity."
-source: http://www.concordmonitor.com/NH-serial-killer-Bob-Evans-is-really-Terry-Rasmussen-11940916

It says his son's DNA confirmed his identity, but it doesn't say if investigators found the family or if the family contacted investigators.

You're right! I found this,

"Gordon said in a statement that investigators obtained a DNA sample from Rasmussen’s adult son, which helped to confirm the killer’s true identity."
-source: http://www.concordmonitor.com/NH-serial-killer-Bob-Evans-is-really-Terry-Rasmussen-11940916

It says his son's DNA confirmed his identity, but it doesn't say if investigators found the family or if the family contacted investigators.

That's what I remember-- that LE were very vague about how they made the connection. They just skipped right to describing the DNA comparison. Details could have come out later and I missed it, but I think perhaps it wasn't mentioned how the family was found because they didn't want the press to easily find his family member's names. Their names can be found if someone wants to dig but they have never been mentioned by name in the press. And that is how it should be, IMO. They all have lives to live and shouldn't have to live in the shadow of their serial killer father who abandoned them as babies. My heart really goes out to them.

See, that's what I remember, too, that it wasn't very clear who approached who, but sometimes I have the wrong takeaway from things, so I thought I'd ask.

I hope Forthevictims is able to clarify this point.

Thank you all for the response about the family. Now, another question- it may not fit with the timeline at all- but the timeline and all the states etc can get confusing! So... are we sure that the middle child in Allenstown was definitely NOT also the child of TR’s wife that had his other four kids? I know- crazy - like how would he have been able to get her and why her not the others (bio children from wife.) Only asking because I don’t think I have seen anywhere this possibility. Though I know very small. Sorry if totally confusing.

Thank you all for the response about the family. Now, another question- it may not fit with the timeline at all- but the timeline and all the states etc can get confusing! So... are we sure that the middle child in Allenstown was definitely NOT also the child of TR’s wife that had his other four kids? I know- crazy - like how would he have been able to get her and why her not the others (bio children from wife.) Only asking because I don’t think I have seen anywhere this possibility. Though I know very small. Sorry if totally confusing.

If that were the case, she would have been identified when LE found his first family. His first wife is still alive and surely would have told them if she had another child that had been taken by Terry. There would have also been birth records for that child. Plus, they would have been able to tell by the DNA comparison-- since they used the DNA from his son the unidentified girl's DNA would have revealed if she was a full-sibling of Terry's son.

Ok I found some info about this missing girl Judy Christine Taylor; I had opened the thread of his case, but since we do not know if it is still missing today, the moderators have closed it; If someone wants to inquire, through police or sheriff, you have data available; however I put here the info:

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/56646134/

EXETER - Judy Christine Taylor, 15, has been reported missing since 8 pm, Aug. 27, according to Juvenile Division of the Rockingham County Sheriff's. Department and Judy's parents. Mr. and Mrs. Robert L. Taylor. The young girl was last seen in the Seabrook. She may possibly be in the company of another juvenile female. Judy is believed to be in the Exeter-Hampton area. She is 5 foot 5 inches tall, has green eyes and a shoulder length -light brown hair, which is often worn pulled back from her face. She also has braces on her teeth. The only available pictures of Judy are two years old. Judy's parents strongly emphasize that any help from any source would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any information for this juvenile, please contact the Rockingham County Sheriff's Department at Exeter, at 772-471G. YORK.

Wow, thanks. I had not seen that map before. What is really scary is that I started to zoom in to New Hampshire and then I realized the TR's victims could be ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY! :scared:

I know... your scared emoji is perfect. :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member