Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:thud:

This just makes me so very sad while I am happy that an arrest has finally come!! We have waited for so long, I had doubts that this day would come. So very thankful for the persistence of LE to get an arrest!!!! Not a surprise as to the suspect. I AM surprised a little by mom's complete admission.

Rest peacefully now Celina

OMG!! I just read this and just had to sign on and say a big "Thank God"!! Maybe little Celina can finally rest in peace now. It has turned out just as some of us had thought. I hope he absolutely burns in hell!

Rest easy, precious Celina. Justice will finally come.

I am so happy that Celina will have justice. I was just thinking about this case a few weeks ago. This just shows sometimes we have to wait, sometime a very long time, but in the end they always get the bad guy.

I cannot remember which thread it was on, but someone mentioned Celina just the other day on WS.

No one will believe this, but I was watching the ID channel because I couldn't sleep and the commentator was standing beside a bridge that reminded me of the bridge type structure (dam) where Celina was found in the water. I thought of Celina. That was only approximately half an hour ago...........then I read about the arrest. I think I have scared myself!

I am so thankful for the coming justice for Celina.

OH MY GOSH!! I just saw this on the news! FINALLY, JUSTICE for Celina!

Rest in Peace, precious Celina.

:rose:

Finally PTL. This girl can rest in peace and her family and the whole community can stop wondering. I am curious as to what they found in February that did the trick. I guess with the inconclusive findings of the autopsy the only thing they could charge WN for is what they charged him with. If it is proven that he did cause her death I am amazed that he has maintained the appearance of being somewhat normal these last almost five years. Guilt surely would have weighed heavy on his unstable brain. At least justice now can take it's course!!!!

New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster’s office said in a statement that Noyes allegedly killed Cass by “submerging her body” in the river.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ar-old-girl/E9om889A6spb6i7rT92DyM/story.html

*WARNING* - speculation as to motive and method, follows:

The statement from the AG's office seems to imply Celina may have been alive when she was placed in the river. Since no articles to-date have indicated Celina displayed signs of any forms of abuse prior to her having gone missing then it is possible the motive would have been out of immediate necessity: perhaps the perp approached Celina that evening, during which she eventually fought back or was given something (alcohol or other) to dull her sensibilities or was knocked unconscious... etc. With both Celina's body and clothing having been submerged in the river it likely was difficult to retrieve usable or any evidence... but now we know LE's crime lab folks visited Noye's mobile home earlier this year... hopefully they were able to match something from his trailer to something found on her clothing or on Celina's body. Let's hope this is a slam-dunk conviction!

noyes is not present, he is on video conference

no plea will be entered today

next hearing will be probable cause hearing

affidavit will remain sealed, will be provided to defense

there are competency issues, noyes was arrested at a state hospital (assuming mental health)

defense asking whether probable cause hearing can even be scheduled without competency issue resolved

there are pending misdemeanor charges for which he was found not competent, defense pointing out that that finding was made in this same court and should apply here

prosecutor jane young asks for competency to be reevaluated in light of the new charges

defendant has been in hospital since december (29th?)

no probable cause hearing scheduled at this time, competency reevaluation ordered

defendant is not eligible for bail

hearing over

http://www.wmur.com/news/man-accused-of-killing-celina-cass-due-in-court/40151708

Prosecutors and a defense attorney discussed Noyes' competency to stand trial at Tuesday's hearing. Noyes was arrested at the state hospital, where he has been since December.

Noyes will be evaluated by doctors before further hearings are scheduled.Prosecutors and a defense attorney discussed Noyes' competency to stand trial at Tuesday's hearing. Noyes was arrested at the state hospital, where he has been since December.

Noyes will be evaluated by doctors before further hearings are scheduled.

"Her daddy was there for her, as far as I'm concerned," Laro said. "I'm still there, until the day I die."

Laro said the news of the arrest was similar to the news of his daughter's disappearance in 2011.

"I can still remember when I got the news bulletin when I was in the hospital bed, and I wanted to do all I could do to get out of there, to say what I had to say," Laro said. "When they put the cameras in front of me, I begged and pleaded for her to come back home."

Celina used to visit her father and grandparents on weekends. Her family said they suspected Noyes all along.

"The frustration and anger is still there, but what can you do?" Laro said. "If he was here right now, I'd say, 'You deserve what you got. How dare you ever do that to my daughter?'"

The judge presiding over today's Noyes arraignment is the same judge who declared Noyes incompetent to stand trial in a 2015 (http://www.wmur.com/news/stepfather-of-girl-found-dead-4-years-ago-charged-with-trespassing/35705530) case.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...court-new-hampshire-west-stewartstown-berlin/

Does one feel sorry for Noyes (he suffers from a mental disorder) or does one despise Noyes for what he is accused of having done to CC? The most difficult realization: how does one fathom how Noyes came to be in CC's life? LC has to live with that for the rest of her life.

I suspect true justice will never be served as it is likely Noyes will be deemed incompetent to stand trial. Some believe he did not act alone so maybe the prosecution has an ace up its collective sleeve that may get Noyes to relate to them exactly what occurred the night CC went 'missing'.

This is a very painful case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back