Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come to the conclusion that the media are basically lazy. They get most of their information off the AP. I don't know of many/any who go out and investigate a story on their own.

They all follow the same story(ies) and that's it!

IMHO

Yes, and no. Perhaps some are lazy. I don't believe that they get their news from the AP.. The AP usually picks up stories from a reporter (who gets paid for it) and then it releases it.. Some reporters send directly to AP also..

I usually get my information from the most direct source, which in this case is the police or the AG's office. Neither the police nor the AG office is saying anything.

You can check past court reports, and convictions, but that has nothing to do with the current case. You can interview neighbors, but doubt that nothing new would come out of that since the police have done so.

You can't print rumors or your own opinions. And as far as Noyes goes his medical records are not available under Hepa laws.

Reporters also don't make a lot of money and they don't get paid to be a detective. Like any other business a reporter gets paid to produce.. They may want to follow it on their own time but that is a different story.

Maybe he wakes her up every day.
Maybe he prepares breakfast.
Maybe he's like I am and thinks that 8:30 is plenty late to sleep.
Maybe CC had an appointment to meet a friend.
Maybe she needed to do chores.
Maybe he wanted the laptop computer from her room.
Maybe it's just left over from his military background.

I don't find it unusual or odd to wake an 11 yo at 8:30. If she were a teen, I'd probably pay more attention to it.

Maybe he didn't wake her up at all.........

BBM

I must admit that we weren't allowed to sleep all day either. We probably could have gotten away with later than 830, but my dad was military and there was no sleeping all day, for sure. I honestly would have to say that KL being home that early from a sleep over is weirder than CL being gotten up early to me. When I went to sleepovers, there was very few times that we were up that early because we were up so late the night before.

I agree. I found it very odd that he was waking her up so early so that led to my suspicion, but then finding out KL got home so early, one has to wonder....
ON THE OTHER HAND on the nights i TOLD my mother I was going to a sleepover, but actually stayed out all night partying... I would come home super early because i was exhausted.
The whole "Party stable" comment has me looking at that house totally differently, sad to say....

:floorlaugh: I can't believe NN and KL BOTH deleted WN from their FB! Gee... wonder why?

Iphones are not cheap!

BBM

Just a reminder that VA disability paid at the 100% rate plus the additional monthly compensation the VA pays the veteran for a spouse and any minor children can go a long way, especially when one is renting in the North Country instead of owning a home with all the attendant expenses. When Social Security disability is added to total VA disability, it certainly is possible, if not probable, to add all kinds of "toys" or "goodies" into the mix.....

To all the veterans who read this post, thank you for your service to our country, and to Vietnam veterans, welcome home!

I would have blocked him if I were her. There were 200+ comments on that post about what a perv he was and how he should have been out looking for CC. I would not want to be associated with him at all, especially if I didn't know him, and I assume she didn't, personally.

ETA: Even NN deleted him.....

I totally agree. Can you imagine having a FB friend that is involved in a murder of a child. How scary is that? I don't think I would friend anyone that looked like him anyway. He looked kind of scary to me. I don't friend anyone I don't know. That is why I don't have 400 hundred friends. lol

I would have blocked him if I were her. There were 200+ comments on that post about what a perv he was and how he should have been out looking for CC. I would not want to be associated with him at all, especially if I didn't know him, and I assume she didn't, personally.

ETA: Even NN deleted him.....

Did you notice who those 200 comments were from. I mean were they posted after they found CC or before and were they people that knew him or people that were just following the case? tia

Maybe he wakes her up every day.
Maybe he prepares breakfast.
Maybe he's like I am and thinks that 8:30 is plenty late to sleep.
Maybe CC had an appointment to meet a friend.
Maybe she needed to do chores.
Maybe he wanted the laptop computer from her room.
Maybe it's just left over from his military background.

I don't find it unusual or odd to wake an 11 yo at 8:30. If she were a teen, I'd probably pay more attention to it.

I agree

Did you notice who those 200 comments were from. I mean were they posted after they found CC or before and were they people that knew him or people that were just following the case? tia

I think they were mostly people following the case. One of them is a guy that has repeatedly posted on various facebook pages about it.

Verizon has pretty good cell service in Canaan, VT, but spotty service in West Stewartstown, NH. If yu Google cell phone service in Canaan VT you can see a map that details the service area down to street level.

Don't know if I would trust that.. First of all there are a lot of mountains in NH and they are filled with granite which makes a problem for radio waves to travel. So if one spot has cell service the house next door might not.

There is only one corner of my house that I can use my cell phone and it stinks.

Also one of those maps show we have high speed internet, but we don't only dial up... unless you have a satellite (which I do) however it stinks.. and if it is raining forget.. I am not on line..

Looked to me like it was probably people just following the case. IMO, there were too many "normal" looking women to have the befriends of any of them. Some could have been her friends as well, but I think they way it appeared (Like a group attack), I would imagine most were people following the case.

Yes, and no. Perhaps some are lazy. I don't believe that they get their news from the AP.. The AP usually picks up stories from a reporter (who gets paid for it) and then it releases it.. Some reporters send directly to AP also..

I usually get my information from the most direct source, which in this case is the police or the AG's office. Neither the police nor the AG office is saying anything.

You can check past court reports, and convictions, but that has nothing to do with the current case. You can interview neighbors, but doubt that nothing new would come out of that since the police have done so.

You can't print rumors or your own opinions. And as far as Noyes goes his medical records are not available under Hepa laws.

Reporters also don't make a lot of money and they don't get paid to be a detective. Like any other business a reporter gets paid to produce.. They may want to follow it on their own time but that is a different story.

Are you doing any reporting on this case? And if so does it seem to you that it is deliberate not releasing any information or no one talking about the case? Also I was really shocked when the medical record of WN came out. I would think that was a violation of HIPAA. But, I guess they got around it some how. tia

Are you doing any reporting on this case? And if so does it seem to you that it is deliberate not releasing any information or no one talking about the case? Also I was really shocked when the medical record of WN came out. I would think that was a violation of HIPAA. But, I guess they got around it some how. tia

BBM
HIPAA is only between the medical industry and the patient. Once your illness becomes part of a court record where a crime has been convicted, it is public record. Especially when the illness was the reason for the dismissal of the charges and the cause of your incompetence to stand. ABC news obtained a copy of the paperwork on his criminal trial from the courts, not from a doctor. That would have been highly unethical and disastrous in this case, especially.

No I am not doing reporting on this... I'm on vacation this week and at the Jersey Shore. I work for a weekly paper that is in the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee area of NH. I live about 2 hours away from Stewartstown, and am currently working on a story regarding decisions made by a local school board for the past 4 weeks. Not too exciting..

I don't think they released WN medical records they obtained the information as to why he could not stand trial from court records. Since his lawyer claimed WN was incompetent to stand trial.

The more I work with local government, the more violations of the laws I see. I am not saying that LE or the AG is purposely holding back information... I don't know what they are doing.. or else I would have a physic line. :)

However it is a possibility that they are purposely witholding info... but who knows..

No I am not doing reporting on this... I'm on vacation this week and at the Jersey Shore. I work for a weekly paper that is in the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee area of NH. I live about 2 hours away from Stewartstown, and am currently working on a story regarding decisions made by a local school board for the past 4 weeks. Not too exciting..

I don't think they released WN medical records they obtained the information as to why he could not stand trial from court records. Since his lawyer claimed WN was incompetent to stand trial.

The more I work with local government, the more violations of the laws I see. I am not saying that LE or the AG is purposely holding back information... I don't know what they are doing.. or else I would have a physic line. :)

However it is a possibility that they are purposely witholding info... but who knows..

I was hoping you were hearing some scuttlebutt amongst other reporters. What a fun job you must have! Jersey Shore sounds great.

I was hoping you were hearing some scuttlebutt amongst other reporters. What a fun job you must have! Jersey Shore sounds great.

Most of the time it is fun, but this past month has been nothing but meeting and all of them 3 hours long... Although the story is good.. the hard seats and other stuff that go on at the meetings are dry and boring...

I'm not at the Jersey Shore where the VHI is made (although I lived there at one time)... I am in Cape May which is at the very end of NJ.. and it is beautiful here full of old Victorian homes.. and beautiful beaches..

I think Celina's sister was probably called immediately when Celina was found to be missing. I think she would be the very first call the mother would make. If any one might know where Celina might have gone it would be her sister. Maybe they hoped she had told her something that would explain her absence.

I think that KL came right home to look for herself and try and figure out where CC was.

No I am not doing reporting on this... I'm on vacation this week and at the Jersey Shore. I work for a weekly paper that is in the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee area of NH. I live about 2 hours

Respectfully snipped by me
BBM

Ahhh the Jersey Shore! I spent 2 weeks there in June!
My middle son got married in Brick, NJ...
I rented a huge beach cottage for a week to hold the Fri eve
Rehearsal Dinner & other wedding celebrations, & lots of out-of-town guests, in Seaside Hts...
right on the beach. It was awesome...... especially before the huge tourist rush came in.

Have fun!!!

Edited: I just saw that you're at Cape May... Been there and that is even more awesome and so much more beautiful!
But the younger crowd loved the Jersey Shore right where the show is filmed... the rides, JS souvineers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member