Found Safe NH - Kimberly Pushard, 51, & Angela Bussell, 50, both intellectually disabled, lost in jeep, phone pinged in Candia area, 21 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's really sad that the LE who were giving them directions didn't know they had difficulties understanding them otherwise I'm sure the would of all worked together to get them home safely.
I know I have seen license plates for the physically challenged before. I wish that they were made available for those with intellectual challenges as well. Maybe even stated on their license. Then if LE has an encounter with them, they would be aware right away to check of their safey. Just IMO.
I'd worry that a license plate that specified intellectual disabilities would make the person a target to be taken advantage of

Officials said the women were located around 4 p.m. Sunday by game warden Brad Richard, who was traveling by snowmobile on an unplowed road in T40 MD, which is in Hancock County near Nicatous Lake.

When the women were located, they were in Pushard's vehicle, a red Jeep Compass, which had gotten stuck and run out of gas. The two women had spent Saturday night in the vehicle with no heat and outside temperatures of approximately 15 degrees below zero, the release stated.

1677520730185.jpeg

Officials said the women were located around 4 p.m. Sunday by game warden Brad Richard, who was traveling by snowmobile on an unplowed road in T40 MD, which is in Hancock County near Nicatous Lake.

When the women were located, they were in Pushard's vehicle, a red Jeep Compass, which had gotten stuck and run out of gas. The two women had spent Saturday night in the vehicle with no heat and outside temperatures of approximately 15 degrees below zero, the release stated.

View attachment 405813
I thought that was an interesting line- "The two women had spent Saturday night in the vehicle with no heat..." They hadn't been spotted since Wednesday, so did they spend Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night somewhere else? Or did they get stuck on Wednesday and sit there the entire time?

"I hollered, 'Hello, game warden' two times and probably maybe 10 or 15 seconds later, the driver's side door opened up in the car and Kim actually kind of stuck her head out and she said hello," Brad Richard, Maine Game Warden, said. "And I said, 'Kim.' She says, 'How did you know my name?' I said, 'We've been looking for you."

T40 MD, where the two were found, means Township 40, Middle Division, Hancock County. Maine has a huge number of unorganized townships, because so much of the state is wild. Some members might already be familiar with the Township (T) and Range (R) survey system, but Maine has to have additional identifiers to append to that system, such as WELS (West of the Easterly Line of the State) and BPP (Bingham's Penobscot Purchase).
An explanatory official page is here, with a list of all such acronyms and a large map: Tax Maps and Valuation Listings | Maine Revenue Services
The very general area where they were found (I-95 is all the way at the left of the map)
nicatous.gif
Just goes to show how wild and unforgiving Maine can be. Glad they were found safe.
edited middle paragraph

TOPSHAM (WGME) -- Two women with intellectual disabilities who were reported missing are safe Monday night.

One is already home while the other remains hospitalized.

Around noon Monday, Kimberly Pushard's mother found out that her daughter would be staying in the hospital another night, as she's being treated for hypothermia and some minor injuries.

Patsy Pushard was thrilled to be speaking with her daughter at Penobscot Valley Hospital.

“We were trying to play catch up the whole time," Topsham Police Chief Marc Hagan said. "It was a good feeling to be able to call the families and tell them that they've been found."

"I just thought positive. I wouldn't let my mind think otherwise," Patsy Pushard said. "I just knew that God was going to bring them home safe and sound. And look what happened."

Kimberly Pushard says she's still a little sore, but they're taking good care of her in the hospital.

Patsy Pushard says Hagan has personally offered to drive her up to the hospital to pick her daughter up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back