NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why no one will let anyone search the basement of that house in question? If I lived in that house I would be more than fine with LE coming in to conduct a search...but then again I wouldn't have anything to hide. Hasn't the house been sold and changed owners over the years? I don't see why the current owner won't let LE conduct a search. If it was my loved one missing I would have already made my way into that house by now.

If LE truly felt the place was suspicious than they would. However (just like with the A-Frame) this is entirely Fred Murray's initiative to look into this place further. Fred has a habit of basing leads off of rumors rather than solid facts and the police can't go around digging every rumor up that is out there.

You can keep on coming up with excuses for her if you want to. But I am going to continue to go with what was most likely. THat she was drinking and driving and was irresponsible with alcohol when she was 21 years old. And again no she was not simply a social drinker.
What do you mean by excuses? I just presented the information that was made available for public use. You can form your own opinion on Maura's drinking habits - labeling it someone with drinking issues, but that doesn't necessarily adhere to the evidence. You would need to establish a pattern. Someone exhibiting the same reckless and irresponsible behavior on more than two occasions before it can be classified as an issue. Mind you, was it ever proven to that she was drunk in any of the accidents? No. Eye witness testimony isn't 100% accurate. The alcohol in her car is more or less circumstantial. Maura was young and made some erroneous choices. However, I wouldn't go far as to say she's an alcoholic. She could easily be labeled as a social drinker. She attended parties, social gatherings wherein alcohol was served and she participated in that activity. I think that falls within the category of a social drinker, wouldn't you agree? When has Maura ever drank alone or done so in the presences of family or friends that caused them to be concerned?

It's clear we're going to have differences on this issue but we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on false or incomplete information.

What do you mean by excuses? I just presented the information that was made available for public use. You can form your own opinion on Maura's drinking habits - labeling it someone with drinking issues, but that doesn't necessarily adhere to the evidence. You would need to establish a pattern. Someone exhibiting the same reckless and irresponsible behavior on more than two occasions before it can be classified as an issue. Mind you, was it ever proven to that she was drunk in any of the accidents? No. Eye witness testimony isn't 100% accurate. The alcohol in her car is more or less circumstantial. Maura was young and made some erroneous choices. However, I wouldn't go far as to say she's an alcoholic. She could easily be labeled as a social drinker. She attended parties, social gatherings wherein alcohol was served and she participated in that activity. I think that falls within the category of a social drinker, wouldn't you agree? When has Maura ever drank alone or done so in the presences of family or friends that caused them to be concerned?

It's clear we're going to have differences on this issue but we shouldn't jump to conclusions based on false or incomplete information.

You should reread your posts again. You're jumping to massive conclusions with virtually every post you make. You're just doing the opposite of me and giving her the benefit of the doubt in virtually every circumstance. In anycase we can just agree to disagree.

The Connecticut River Killer possibly being a suspect in Maura's case and also in the disappearance of Brianna Maitland is not my theory it has been forwarded by many others. Here is a reddit thread about Maura's case:

Connecticut River Valley Murders : mauramurray

I have just watched part of the Disappeared episode about the Brianna Maitland case on Investigation Discovery again and her Mum mentioned the Murray family were some of the first people to contact her at the time of the disappearance. Sometimes connections can become less clear over time when they were there first off. Both crimes involved young women in New England and car 'accidents':

I will say again of course it is not very nice me discussing the possible involvement of a Serial Killer. As I say I am pretty sure in my mind the Connecticut River Killer was Ralph Jackson who travelled up to New England from Virginia and this means the Connecticut River Valley Killer was stopped in his activities in April 2010 and not in the 1980s.

I have just watched part of the Disappeared episode about the Brianna Maitland case on Investigation Discovery again and her Mum mentioned the Murray family were some of the first people to contact her at the time of the disappearance. Sometimes connections can become less clear over time when they were there first off. Both crimes involved young women in New England and car 'accidents':

I will say again of course it is not very nice me discussing the possible involvement of a Serial Killer. As I say I am pretty sure in my mind the Connecticut River Killer was Ralph Jackson who travelled up to New England from Virginia and this means the Connecticut River Valley Killer was stopped in his activities in April 2010 and not in the 1980s.

Here is a photo of him compared to the Connecticut River Killer suspect composite sketch:

news-ralphleonjackson.jpg

Ralph Leon Jackson arrested in Parkway shooting

screen-shot-2015-09-28-at-2-01-52-pm.png

6 Terrifying Serial Killers Who Were Never Caught And Are Currently Still On The Loose

What I don't understand is why no one will let anyone search the basement of that house in question? If I lived in that house I would be more than fine with LE coming in to conduct a search...but then again I wouldn't have anything to hide. Hasn't the house been sold and changed owners over the years? I don't see why the current owner won't let LE conduct a search. If it was my loved one missing I would have already made my way into that house by now.

If I thought there was a body or crime scene in my house, I would be all about people checking it. Especially if I recently bought the home.

One last post from me at the moment. I know these posts are about the Connecticut River Killer and the cases of Maura and Brianna are disappearances but I think he is a good suspect. Here is an article about the brave survivor who helped with the good composite sketch in the above post. Her description of the attacker is must closer to Jackson in my opinion. Jackson is five feet eight tall, he is a military veteran of ten years and I think it is likely he served in Vietnam and he enjoyed it and he was reliving his exploits when attacking his victims and just to finish off he had dirty blonde hair before it when grey:

Stabbing victim IDs attacker years later

One last post from me at the moment. I know these posts are about the Connecticut River Killer and the cases of Maura and Brianna are disappearances but I think he is a good suspect. Here is an article about the brave survivor who helped with the good composite sketch in the above post. Her description of the attacker is must closer to Jackson in my opinion. Jackson is five feet eight tall, he is a military veteran of ten years and I think it is likely he served in Vietnam and he enjoyed it and he was reliving his exploits when attacking his victims and just to finish off he had dirty blonde hair before it when grey:

Stabbing victim IDs attacker years later

As my television hero might say just one more thing and that is Jackson would never kill himself as he enjoyed killing other people too much.

Alcohol has to be transported to parties. Having it in your car doesn't mean you drank it. If she was drunk it wouldn't matter she still doesn't deserve to be missing. Could drinking have impaired her judgement maybe, but she also could have been upset because she was having some bad luck with cars. She could have hit her head. She could have been trying to avoid an insurance claim. Women disappear drunk, sober, from parties, from their homes, from the street the list is endless. If she was murdered it's on them not on her.

Alcohol has to be transported to parties. Having it in your car doesn't mean you drank it. If she was drunk it wouldn't matter she still doesn't deserve to be missing. Could drinking have impaired her judgement maybe, but she also could have been upset because she was having some bad luck with cars. She could have hit her head. She could have been trying to avoid an insurance claim. Women disappear drunk, sober, from parties, from their homes, from the street the list is endless. If she was murdered it's on them not on her.

I agree. My suspect like others liked to 'trawl' places where young women might be and took advantage if they had been on a night out enjoying themselves etc.

I agree. My suspect like others liked to 'trawl' places where young women might be and took advantage if they had been on a night out enjoying themselves etc.
Did they all disappear?

If she turned down a ride from one man, why would she get in that guy's car?

If she turned down a ride from one man, why would she get in that guy's car?

Of course I was not there but I am certain Jackson was the Connecticut River Valley Killer. Of course it is speculation but it could be a lift or forced abduction and he played on peoples car troubles of not causing them. Look at the Route 29 Stalker case. I also think he liked bad weather blizzards etc where young women in vehicles might get into trouble. Thanks for the interest.

Exactly! It's circumstantial evidence about her being intoxicated. I'm inclined to think that the crack in the windshield was because she hit her head causing a concussion. She became disoriented and then her dialogue with Butch gave him the wrong impression that she appeared to have been drinking but in reality, she suffered a head injury. That's just my opinion.

Also, I think it's possible Maura was intimidated by Butch and declined his offer for help. His wife wasn't surprised, nor was Butch that she declined help but Maura needed a way out of there without police confrontation. If she did hop into a stranger's vehicle, it was with intention of excluding herself from the accident. Unfortunately, she let her guard down at an opportunistic time for a stranger to take advantage of a vulnerable woman. It's just as likely Maura headed eastbound on 112 and sought a neighboring house for assistance. However, she might have stumbled upon the wrong house and was met with foul play.

Exactly! It's circumstantial evidence about her being intoxicated. I'm inclined to think that the crack in the windshield was because she hit her head causing a concussion. She became disoriented and then her dialogue with Butch gave him the wrong impression that she appeared to have been drinking but in reality, she suffered a head injury. That's just my opinion.

Also, I think it's possible Maura was intimidated by Butch and declined his offer for help. His wife wasn't surprised, nor was Butch that she declined help but Maura needed a way out of there without police confrontation. If she did hop into a stranger's vehicle, it was with intention of excluding herself from the accident. Unfortunately, she let her guard down at an opportunistic time for a stranger to take advantage of a vulnerable woman. It's just as likely Maura headed eastbound on 112 and sought a neighboring house for assistance. However, she might have stumbled upon the wrong house and was met with foul play.

Could they tell if the crack came from the inside or outside of the car? Being in a car accident is enough to leave you shaken up. I would think she might feel safer with someone closer to her age. You don't have to do anything wrong to attract a predator. If she just had two accidents she wouldn't want another one documented.

Last edited:
Could they tell if the crack came from the inside or outside of the car? Did the airbag come out? Being in a car accident is enough to leave you shaken up. I would think she might feel safer with someone closer to her age. You don't have to do anything wrong to attract a predator. If she just had two accidents she wouldn't want another one documented.

The crack was from inside the windshield. Both airbags did deploy upon the crash. I can't remember but doesn't the car have to be going a certain speed for them to be deployed? I'll look into it that. Yeah, car accidents will shake you up, especially if it is severe. I can't speak on behalf of Maura but I'm likely to take your opinion that she would have felt safer with someone close to her age. The question becomes, how did she exclude herself from the accident and who was stranger in question?

Maura couldn't have another accident on her record and needed a way out. Her career was on thin ice, possibly destroyed if she was caught in this particular case. Running away wouldn't have solved it but at the time, I think Maura figured she was out of options and felt scared. A lot of possible scenarios!

Airbags aren't a joke. They can leave you stunned. They can burn your arms. My tire popped and I crashed into a sound barrier on the highway. My phone was lost in the car and I asked people that stopped if I could borrow their cell phones to call Triple A. They were all about 911. I was put in ambulance with a neck brace on. I was walking around checking the damage. I got a tetanus shot I didn't need and was given tylenol 3s that I was told were regular tylenol. I ended up walking home from the hospital high (I'm sensitive to painkillers). I was asking strangers for directions. Not everyone wants to be taken to a hospital or shoved in an ambulance.

The crack was from inside the windshield. Both airbags did deploy upon the crash. I can't remember but doesn't the car have to be going a certain speed for them to be deployed? I'll look into it that. Yeah, car accidents will shake you up, especially if it is severe. I can't speak on behalf of Maura but I'm likely to take your opinion that she would have felt safer with someone close to her age. The question becomes, how did she exclude herself from the accident and who was stranger in question?

Maura couldn't have another accident on her record and needed a way out. Her career was on thin ice, possibly destroyed if she was caught in this particular case. Running away wouldn't have solved it but at the time, I think Maura figured she was out of options and felt scared. A lot of possible scenarios!

Maybe she thought she could repair the damage or have someone repair it before it was noticed. Within 10 minutes several people called 911. It's weird how you don't assume people are watching you when they are. Did she jump in a car panicking. What was up with the rag in her tailpipe?

Maybe she thought she could repair the damage or have someone repair it before it was noticed. Within 10 minutes several people called 911. It's weird how you don't assume people are watching you when they are. Did she jump in a car panicking. What was up with the rag in her tailpipe?
The rag in the tailpipe was what her father suggested if her car started to smoke up while driving in fear of the cops pulling her over. Her car was becoming a liability and she couldn't risk having law enforcement put another blemish on her record, which was already in jeopardy with the credit card fraud incident. Maura initially tried to start the car seven times but couldn't get it to turn over. All she had to do was take the key out of the ignition. When Fred arrived at the accident scene with the spare key, he was able to start it up on the spot.

It's certainly a mystery what Maura was thinking. I can imagine she was panicking since she completely disappeared within a short time frame. The million dollar question becomes how did she do it and what happened to her? I can only suspect that she ran into foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth