GUILTY Nicole Marie Hosmer - Community service, fines for woman who made false rape claim

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Wagtales10

Reaction score
Community service, fines for woman who made false rape claim

A Leesburg woman pleaded no contest Wednesday to a charge of giving a false report of crime to law enforcement after she falsely reported an attempted rape in May.

Nicole Marie Hosmer, 22, was ordered to complete 50 hours of community service and pay slightly more than $500 in court costs by January to avoid jail time. If she fails to do so, she will be sentenced to one month and 15 days in the Marion County Jail, according to court records.

She made a false report on May 2 when she told Ocala police that she had been kidnapped by a man. She said she was driving down the road when the man got into her vehicle. The man, who she said was armed, forced her to take him to two gas stations and a fast food restaurant, where he got food, cigarettes and cash. She said the man then tried to rape her after removing her pants.

Evil thing to do, but there may be hope for her as a person since she confessed.

That is outrageous. Glad that she admitted she lied. Imagine that poor guy going to jail.
Hosmer eventually told police she doesn’t know why she lied and that the man did not make any sexual advances. After her interview, she was arrested.

so community service and a fine is a common precedent for crimes similar to this
No. Neither that nor 48 years for my taste. Admission of guilt, 1-2 years jail or 5 years on probation depending on previous criminal records. At least. Plus 2000 hours community service in a predominantly black neighborhood in this case. But I‘m not the judge.

I will say, off topic, (remove if needed) It is cute it looks like 2 dogs talking to each other

Why does JS need more than her? Precedent says so. The law should apply the same regardless of popularity.

If anything what she did was 10x worse.
Personally, I‘d be fine if JS admitted to the hoax. And if the DA wouldn’t seal records. That smells bad. And yes, a few hours community service for a hate crime hoax is just not right. Celebrity or not.

Personally, I‘d be fine if JS admitted to the hoax. And if the DA wouldn’t seal records. That smells bad. And yes, a few hours community service for a hate crime hoax is just not right. Celebrity or not.
Seems fair to me. Nicole and the other woman got the same and ppl were about to falsly go to jail over it.
Less (actually none) people wrongfully hurt in JS case so less punishment makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back