Found Deceased NJ - Ajay Sah, 22, Drew University in Madison, International Student from Nepal, 19 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there are 3 possibilities for why he is missing:
1. Missing voluntarily. This could be that he left to go have adventure or as his note read "do something." I am hoping this is just the case of a college student who needed a break from the pressures of school and the pandemic.
2. Potential Mental Health Crisis. The note specifically to his mother saying "I love you mummy" definitely raises alarm bells and the question of self harm. This coupled with the fact that he was looking up the location of a park near the Hudson River does not bode well.
3. Foul Play. I personally feel that with the information we have now, this is the least likely option.

This case is so saddening. Ajay seems like a wonderful young man who is very bright. I hope that the pressures of school and being away from family did not become too much to handle.
MOO

Family raising funds to find missing Drew University student
This is the most recent article I could find about the case.
My thoughts:
- The article mentions that one of the reasons Ajay's brother is raising money is to cover the cost of "private services" to find him. This sounds like the family is hiring a private investigator which I think is a good thing given the lack of information around the case.
-The article also says that the family is trying to get more publicity to the case. It's still baffling to me that this isn't a major case in the spotlight.
-As far as leads go, I think that LE should be able to track his last days before he went missing. There are so many kids on campus, even with online learning, and surely one of the students in his dorm would know when he was last there/ his mental state etc.
-It sounds like Ajay was really involved in school and campus life. The article mentions all the positions he held and he seems like a very driven man.

MOO

Twitter - Help Find Ajay Sah

Esjy729XUAErIGn
Esjy728XEAQ8Pf3
Esjy729XcAE4XjD

It's not unheard of as it has happened in too many cases previously, but I doubt it's the reason for Ajay's disappearance. MOO

Soooo many times we hear this , and sadly ends not well.

Even if this were so in that cold weather wouldn't the person meet him at a closer park?

No matter what he'd call his mom. Then again is the brother certain it's Ajay's handwriting? Maybe met the person searched on internet before and they came to the dorm?

Yanks my chain you come from Nepal to this region of promise and are missing. Even if on purpose.

The main question is, did he go to NYC to meet with someone? If yes, then he could technically still be with them. If he's on his own, he needs funds to stay. Why did he leave so late in the evening? Where did he intend to spend the first night? Is there any indication that he could have traveled further than NYC?

The weather recently would impact any search. And it is snowing again today. New York City got at least a foot or more of snow and a few more inches are expected today... I hope they find him soon, but I can’t imagine why you would go to the city so late... so much is closed.

With candles and meditations, music and poems, Drew University students and staff held out hope Wednesday for Ajay Sah, a junior from Nepal who was reported missing nearly two weeks ago.

“We are not alone, and Ajay is not alone,” Chaplain Tanya Linn Bennett said during the virtual “Circle of Hope” ceremony. “No matter where Ajay is right now, he is surrounded by us.”

Snip

“Ajay has been a vibrant part of our campus community since his arrival to Drew, with his infectious smile and ever-present enthusiasm,” said Laura Arthur, director of international students.

“Whether you are a student, faculty member, staff, alumni, or a member of our greater Drew community in Madison or throughout the world, we’ve all felt the void created by Ajay’s absence,” said Frank Merckx, dean of students, Title IX coordinator and vice president of campus life and student affairs.

The online event briefly was interrupted by a “Zoom Bomber,” a faceless individual who shared a vulgar song and inappropriate messages in the public chat.

The crude display came to a halt when students began speaking out for Sah.

I don't watch the news on TV so I am not sure if there has been media coverage in that area. As far as written articles I have seen a handful. I would not say this hasn't received media coverage, at least locally. What makes no sense in my opinion is that he bought a ticket to board a train that late on a Sunday night and didn't bring his phone with him. What am I missing? This doesn't seem to make sense.

Nepali Student Ajay Sah Goes Missing In New York For 12th Consecutive Day, Search Continues - Nepal24Hours.com - Integration Through Media ....!

The University reported Sah missing on Friday, January 22, 2021 to the Madison Police Department, which is actively looking for his whereabouts.

Sah was 22 and used to live near the university in Madison. Sah’s brother Shiva Sah, who used to live in Texas, flew to New York to find out his brother, but ended up finding a note on a table in Ajay’s residence.

“I love you mummy,” Ajay said in his final note before he went missing.

Ajay used to talk with his mother back in Nepal everyday. With an ancestral home in Siraha district of Province 2, Ajay’s family had then moved to Kirtipur in Kathmandu.

Ajay’s brother Shiva found a second note in a trash bin, in which Ajay said “it was time for him to do something.”

The CCTV footage of January 19 night around 12 o’clock showed Ajay reaching to Penn Station in midtown Manhattan in New York from New Jersey. Once he exited the Penn Station, his further footage have not been found.

Ajay’s google search result in his computer showed that he searched for Fort Washington Park and even looked for an exact location of the park, which is located in upper Manhattan in New York City by the side of Hudson River.
Well that gives me an awful pit in my stomach. I can’t believe LE can’t get video footage. Penn Station must have dozens of cameras if not more - inside and outside.

Feb 6 2021
Search continues for missing Drew University student - WRNJ Radio
Ajay-Sah.png
(Photo:
''Ajay Sah, 22, an international student from Nepal, was reported missing by Drew University on January 22 at 3:38 p.m.

Sah was last seen on campus by fellow students and friends at around 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January, 19.

Authorities have confirmed he was last seen at the Newark Broad Street Station and boarded a train heading to New York Penn Station where he was seen in New York City shortly after midnight on January 20, 2021, Acting Morris County Prosecutor Robert J. Carroll said.

He has been known to travel to New York City in the past and has ties to Texas, Carroll said.

Sah has black hair, black eyes, is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds, police said.''
Missing-Person.jpg

Feb 6 2021
Search continues for missing Drew University student - WRNJ Radio
Ajay-Sah.png
(Photo:
''Ajay Sah, 22, an international student from Nepal, was reported missing by Drew University on January 22 at 3:38 p.m.

Sah was last seen on campus by fellow students and friends at around 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January, 19.

Authorities have confirmed he was last seen at the Newark Broad Street Station and boarded a train heading to New York Penn Station where he was seen in New York City shortly after midnight on January 20, 2021, Acting Morris County Prosecutor Robert J. Carroll said.

He has been known to travel to New York City in the past and has ties to Texas, Carroll said.

Sah has black hair, black eyes, is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds, police said.''
Missing-Person.jpg
BBM. So was he seen in NY by someone, or on video?

Jan 26 2021
https://www.pix11.com/news/local-ne...sity-student-reported-missing-for-over-a-week
''He was last seen exiting an NJ Transit train at Penn Station in New York.''

''Sah is a native of Nepal, the American embassy and consulate general of the country are working with the state department as part of the investigation, alongside the NYPD, MTA, Port Authority and NJ Transit to try and figure out where Sah was heading from Penn Station.

The school is urging people you to contact Detective Ryan Dunn of the Madison Police department at 973-593-3000 or dunnr@rosenet.org—or any member of the Campus Life and Student Affairs staff—if you know anything that could assist in the investigation. Authorities have responded to all tips and reports so far.''
568584b4-7d8b-4964-9bd4-fdf28b274979-ajaysah.PNG

Drew University student reported missing. Last seen boarding a train to NYC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia