GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dogzncats - welcome to websleuths!

Have you heard anything lately? How's the baby doing? Any news there?

There hasn;t been any coverage on the area news lately.. its gone very quiet after the last couple of stories.. I would guess unless they find AMY or DiGirolamo there wont be much to report...

I have been glued to this case since seeing it on a local station in Philadelphia.

Through my daily "googling" of Amy Giordano, I have come across the following:

Amy's close friend, Ritz, has been posting updates in this thread of a messageboard at delawareonline.com

Ritz has created a MySpace for her.

Baby Michael's birthday is next week. He will be 1.

Nice picture on the website Ritz.. I hope it helps in locating her... It is a sad story..

I don't know what to think after reading that whole story. How does LE know that the married lover is the one who dropped the baby off at the parking lot at the hospital? Even though they traced his phone close to that area it doesn't mean that Amy wasn't with him and had a part in it.

I wonder if the married lover was runing from something and he called or contacted Amy that they needed to leave the country right away. Maybe they agreed not to take any kids with them and so left Michael in the parking lot knowing that someone would find him. Maybe Amy did write the note trying to make LE or CPS believe that Michael's name wasn't Michael and that she had lost her job and medical so she couldn't be traced through Michael.

Amy didn't blink an eye at leaving the little boy that she raised and loved for nearly 4 years. She didn't try to contact him recently....he ex-husbands girlfriend was behind that. I wonder if she would have ever contacted that little boy. The fact that she could leave that little boy Joey so easily for a married lover makes me wonder if she could just as easily leave her baby to leave the country with him.

This married lover worked for his dad at a pizza place and then he worked at Lowes until 14 months ago. He quit Lowes when Amy was 6 months along. Michael is 11 months now and so he has only had that $56,000 a year job for 14 months. How did he buy that beautiful huge expensive home? I just wonder if he wasn't into something illegal and felt like it was going to come down on him and he fled the country leaving his wife and both babies behind but taking Amy.

I wish LE could find the guy so they can see if Amy is with him or not. I wonder how much blood was found in the apartment. Enough to look like someone had been murdered or hurt? Maybe the guy forced Amy to leave with him and leave the baby behind. Sounds like she was alright up until at least the day she disappeared. They were shopping and she called Joey. Maybe she called Joey because she knew that she was leaving the country.

This is turning into a really strange case with a lot of questions about Amy as well as the married lover. I hope they find him soon and maybe we will have some answers about both of them.

". . . Authorities also found blood spots in the apartment, and are testing them against Giordano's DNA. . ."

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/NEWS/707220383/1006/NEWS

This along with other evidence makes me suspect foul play a bit more than the runaway scenario in this case. The boyfriend running away so L.E. cannot find him to question him is further indication that he has something bad to hide. If she was alive he had no reason to hide out.

I agree Docwho.... I think there is foul play involved.

Also - the article says that while working at Lowe's, the boyfriend's wife was a certified public accountant. Usually CPA's make pretty good money and his wife could have contributed to the purchase of the house, heck she could have bought it on her own and probably did.

I thought it was interesting that the wife said she did not know about the affair, but that she had publicly called her husband on it at Lowe's in front of everyone.....

NoDramaMama - thank you so much for keeping us all updated.

Salem

How does LE know that the married lover is the one who dropped the baby off at the parking lot at the hospital?
According to the blog entry just posted:

Roy DiGirolamo’s cell phone is the one that pinged June 9 in the lot where baby Michael was left. Amy didn’t drive. By June 9, Amy hadn’t been seen for nearly two days.

Of course, that doesn't mean that he necessarily had his cell phone on him, (I don't know what other research LE may have done on the phone), but the evidence appears that it was more likely him than her at this point.

I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Guess he finally figured out that he can run but he can't hide forever. Sounds like LE was right on his hind end.
Doesn't sound like Amy is with him.
I don't know what Italy's stance on extraditing in case of a murder is but, if I remember correctly, Canada won't extradite him if he faces a death penalty. I wonder if he is really on his way back to the US or is he wanting to be in Canada because he thinks he may soon be charged with murder? This case gets more odd as it goes.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_214104414.html
Father Of Abandoned Toddler Surrenders To Police

'Person Of Interest' In Disappearance Of N.J. Mother

(CBS 3) BEAR, Del. State Police said the father of a toddler found in abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware Hospital turned himself into authorities Thursday.

Rosario Digirolamo, father of 1-year-old Michael Digiolamo, arrived at Troop #2 in Bear at about 9:30 a.m. after spending over a month overseas in Italy.

Police said Digirolamo was wanted on an outstanding warrant for his arrest on charges of reckless endangerment and child abandonment. He is also considered a ‘person of interest’ in the disappearance of the toddler’s mother, 27-yearold Amy Giordano of Highstown, N.J.
More at link above.........

Hopefully we may now know what happened to Amy... Then again he has had over a month to come up with a good story...

http://blog.nj.com/timesupdates/2007/08/digiralamo_out_on_bail_banned.html

Upon his arrest, DiGirolamo was formally charged with Reckless Endangering first degree and child abandonment. He was video arraigned and issued a $10,000 cash bond, which he posted. In addition, he was ordered to surrender his passport, report immediately to probation and parole for pretrial supervision and ordered to have no contact with Michael DiGirolamo.

LE must not have much evidence regarding Amy's disappearance. What kind of a radius are we talking about from where Amy lived to the hospital where Michael was found?

A good timeline would be nice here. Let's see if I can figure one out.....

Salem

June 6th, 2007 - Mom missing, Hightstown, NJ
June 7th, 2007 - Shoprite video of Mom, Michael and Rosario (Roy)
June 8th, 2007 - Landlord accepts rent payment from Roy (see link under June 18th)
June 9th, 2007 - Michael found at Christiana Hospital
Link: http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_166113713.html
Hospital is approximately 75 miles south of Mom’s home
June 11th, 2007 - last known sighting of Rosario (Roy)
Link: http://blog.nj.com/timesupdates/2007/06/missing_mom_last_sighted_in_su.html
June 14th, 2007 - Roy takes flight to Italy (see link in post #107 by NoDramaMama)
June 18th, 2007 - Landlord finds purse in apt. closet. Link: http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/NEWS/70619034
June 21st, 2007 - Media link says Roy’s car is suspected to be NORTH of Hightstown - this is odd given that the hospital is SOUTH
Link: http://www.nbc10.com/news/13547588/detail.html
June 27th, 2007 - Lexus found in New York (that’s north, right J )
Link: http://blog.nj.com/timesupdates/2007/06/car_of_boyfriend_of_missing_mo.html
August 2, 2007 - Roy on his way back to states (again, see link in post #107 by NoDramaMama)
August 2, 2007 - Roy turns himself into authorities, posts bail and is currently out. See Link in post #113 by Lori5050.
August 17th 2007 - Roy’s preliminary hearing scheduled. See Link in post #113 by Lori5050.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!
Back