GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds like the mother (or parents) were desperate. I honestly don't know what to say, I hope this little boy will find a loving home.

Awww, poor little guy! I don't excuse the parent for abondoning him, but considering how well he was taken care of beforehand I'd bet money that the parent stuck around to make sure he made it into the hospital safely. It's so sad, but probably a good decision on the parents part.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19248204/from/RS.1/

Police believe they have identified the mother of the toddler found last weekend outside Christiana Hospital in Delaware, but the only thing left inside her apparently abandoned New Jersey apartment were a few packed boxes and baby items, including diapers, toys and a crib. Police said they are looking for Amy Giordano, 25, of Hightstown, N.J., and they believe the boy is her son Michael

More at link above....

The police recieved a tip from a landlord that he recognized this little boy as the son of a tenant..
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19241980/

Police said a toddler was found abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware hospital on Saturday. He had a note with him.

The note left with the abandoned boy left no question that the child was being abandoned, according to Joe Smack with Family Services.

The handwritten note in his diaper read, "Please help my baby John Vincent I can no longer take care of him. Lost job, lost medical. God have mercy on me."
http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/13509765/detail.html

I hope she won't be charged. She obviously loved this boy, but just felt so desperate, hopeless and helpless to care for him. She deserves a break and the help she needs to care for him. In a way I feel sorry she felt that was her only option to give her child a better life. Yes, like everyone has said she could have chosen another way, so I really do feel she just needs a helping hand instead of punishment to get back on track. I won't pass judgement on this young woman until her reasons for doing this are known.

ETA: He's a real cutie patootie to boot. This child was loved, and I can't imagine the hurt and guilt the mother is feeling over this.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5397015

In the article above it sounds as though the police are treating this as a missing persons case. They have a picture and a description of the mother in the article and have confirmed the boys identity with a physician who has treated him in the past/. Unfortunately it seems likely that the DA is seeking to charge her with abandonment and endangerment.

"Police are still searching for Giordano, and say they are treating the matter as a missing person's case. Giordano is described as:

25-years-old
5" tall
135 pounds
May wear glasses
Last seen on Wednesday June 6, 2007 "

Mother of abandoned toddler missing since June 6, 2007

http://tinyurl.com/34sutk

Amy Giordano is a 25 year old mother of two. Her son Michael was found in the parking lot of Christiana Hospital in Delaware alone with a note stuffed in his diaper. By all accounts Amy was a very loving mother. Her landlord has said she was always with her son and that Michael always seemed to be a very happy child. The note found with Michael stated something to the effect that Amy had lost her job, lost her medical coverage and could not care for the boy named in the note as John Vincent. Amy did not have a job or medical coverage. Her boyfriend, Roy Digirolamo, paid the rent for her apartment and Amy took care of Michael. Michael was found 75 miles south of where Amy lives and she does not have a car or drivers license so someone had to have taken her to that location and to wherever she is now. Amy has not been seen since June 6, 2007. Police have placed her as an endagered missing person and would like her to come back and be reunited with her son Michael. At this point they have not be able to contact the baby's father, Roy either.

I feel sad for this young mother. It's obvious something was going on in her mind. Maybe she felt it better to leave her child rather than do something to harm him in her deteriorated mental capacity? I sure hope they find her. I hope she hasn't harmed herself. That would be such a tragedy for this baby.

Where is the other child? Is it possible something happened to the mother, someone took the other child and then left the baby at the hospital? Stranger things have happened I guess.

Where is the other child? Is it possible something happened to the mother, someone took the other child and then left the baby at the hospital? Stranger things have happened I guess.
The other child (a six year old, iIrc) lives with her ex-husband. I wonder if the baby's daddy has surfaced yet and if he is married.

I have heard nothing on this, it is so frustrating. Jessie Davis is the story they are covering on my news and they have not mentioned a word about Amy. I hope they find them both safe and sound soon. I'll post updates as I get them.

I have heard nothing on this, it is so frustrating. Jessie Davis is the story they are covering on my news and they have not mentioned a word about Amy. I hope they find them both safe and sound soon. I'll post updates as I get them.
I know, there isn't alot about Amy out there, is there? Ezra, have you heard anything about Amy's little boy's dad? Anything new at all? (For instance, is her son with his dad or her family now?) Also, have there been any reports about her bank acct being accessed or credit cards being used?

Yes she is and she is listed as an endangered missing person.

I know they're two separate cases, but I wish the news channels would tie this missing mom in with Jessie Davis so that people know to look for Amy too.

EZRA - any chance you can call your local paper or news station and ask about this case? I'm wondering if this poor mom was forced to abandon her child or if her boyfriend "persuaded" her to do so.

I remember being a very young, single mother and thinking I was going to have to put my young son up for adoption because I couldn't feed him. Fortunately for me, I had support from my family and I made it through those tough times. But I can certainly relate to feeling like you just don't know what to do. If she was in a "mental" spot like this and the boyfriend added a little pressure....... I'm sure she is regretting it now and if she is able, she will contact authorities soon.

However, I have to ask, does anyone know why her older child is living with dad? Was it a mutual decision because dad has a more stable live, or was it because the court decided it was better for the child?

Salem

(AP) HIGHTSTOWN, N.J. The landlord of a missing woman, her child found abandoned in a Delaware hospital parking lot, thinks something sinister may have happened to her, especially after he found a purse full of her personal items.

Mike Vanderbeck, who rents a Hightstown apartment to Amy Giordano, was showing the missing woman's home to a reporter from The Times of Trenton on Monday when he found a purse containing Giordano's wallet, cash, ID cards, checkbook, apartment keys and a nearly full pack of cigarettes.

"She was a chain smoker," said Vanderbeck, who doubted the young woman would have left home without her cigarettes."

"Hightstown police, who are now leading the probe, were still classifying the case as a missing person's investigation, and not a criminal probe. Giordano's apartment hadn't been sealed off as of Monday.

When Vanderbeck found the purse, he contacted Hightstown police Detective Ben Miller, who arrived and took it.

Items in the purse included a voter registration card filled out and dated by Giordano on June 5, and a June 7 receipt from the East Windsor ShopRite that included a big box of Pampers diapers.

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_170133739.html

Oh boy this is not sounding good.. the father has not reported to work since June 11th and no one seems to be able to contact him? No one has reported him missing either..? This is fastbecoming more than an case of child abandonment..

I have not seen or heard anything despite extensive searching. Since the news broke about Jessie they have not been covering this at all. When I do get anything I will post it. I really hope she is okay and that she did not just abandon her baby. I was in that situation as well, I think that is why this resonated with me. But given what everyone has said about her I really don't think she did this willingly and that she is able to contact them to get him back. They said they would help her with whatever she needed to get him back and would not file charges if she came back. But no word from her the last they reported.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back