GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Warrant Issued For Father In Abandoned Baby Case

Delaware State Police on Thursday said they were seeking Rosario Digirolamo, 32, of Millstone Township, on reckless endangering and child abandonment charges.

According to Delaware State Police, Digirolamo made a cell phone call that utilized a signal tower in the area of a Newark, Del., hospital on June 9 -- the same day Michael Digirolamo was abandoned there.

Amy Giordano"s family says they just learned of her disappearance on Thurs. Family says that Amy was raised under the name of Amy Bernstein and that she does have a passport under that name. Article also gives a timeline of the events in the case.
http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1183263054276910.xml&coll=5

Has anyone heard what the results of the search warrant for the car was? Police have said there didn't appear to be any signs of a struggle in the car. But I am thinking they wouldn't open the trunk without the warrant.
I am really suspicious of what they will find in that trunk.

FYI: Actual last name, Bernstein, not Giordano. Adopted by, then estranged from Orthodox Jewish family. Had a passport under Bernstein, not Giordano, which means internation travel was possible.
Cousin named Fishbaum of Marlboro, Monmouth County was her (sometime) link to adoptive family. [Possibility of more photos from her actual identity; high school yearbooks, perhaps.]
Started affair with DiGirolamo while she was married.
That's from this morning.

FYI: Actual last name, Bernstein, not Giordano. Adopted by, then estranged from Orthodox Jewish family. Had a passport under Bernstein, not Giordano, which means internation travel was possible.
Cousin named Fishbaum of Marlboro, Monmouth County was her (sometime) link to adoptive family. [Possibility of more photos from her actual identity; high school yearbooks, perhaps.]

Can you link to where you got this information?

Yes, please Grunion - a link would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Salem

I saw it this morning in the Trenton Times; they post on NJ.com, I guess. CBS3 (Philadelphia) has a reporter working pretty heavily on this case; nothing over the weekend from her, though. May see national coverage soon. The name change is significant, I think. Let's see better photos soon so someone can recognize her, if she's still on this side of the ground, hopefully for all.

I saw it this morning in the Trenton Times; they post on NJ.com, I guess. CBS3 (Philadelphia) has a reporter working pretty heavily on this case; nothing over the weekend from her, though. May see national coverage soon. The name change is significant, I think. Let's see better photos soon so someone can recognize her, if she's still on this side of the ground, hopefully for all.

It has gone National now. I just saw two segments of this case on FOX. It'll probably start showing up on CNN and MSNBC today too. There's new footage of her and the bf and toddler at a supermarket the last day she was seen.

JMHO
fran

That possibly explains the ex-husbad having custody of her oldest child.. especially if there were some of the 'connections" and other aspects of DiGirolamo's life that would result in court making the custody arrangements in favor of the ex-husband...
I am sure the FBI is checking those manifest in the days after her disappearance to determine if her passport was used..just another twist in an already complicated and bizarre case.

The police are conducting additional searches of the apartment and have found trace amounts of blood in " an odd location" .. (Not honestly sure they mean by odd ) The evidence was found using luminol. They are also doing a forensic evaluation of dark colored sheets found in garbage bags in the closet where her purse was found.

I think y'all are mistaken to think that there's some mob thing that is somehow responsible for this apparent crime, just because the names are Italian, and the house belonged, once, to a convicted racketeering/murder guy. News people look into these things, remember (concerning his wife, too). If R.D. was "connected" or "made," Amy would have been his goomah, and there's the question of "honor"... besides, all "those" people care about is if somebody gets between them and their money; which is not what anybody was doing.
He made $93K per year at ConAir. Full time, not a "no-show."
See if GVS has more tonight.
I'll keep an eye out, in the meantime (for news).

Mayorek said DiGirolamo, who worked as a computer analyst at the company's East Windsor facility, left his job unannounced after last reporting for work June 11. The company fired DiGirolamo from his $56,000-a-year full-time job on June 22, Mayorek told The Times of Trenton.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1183176412125540.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Now doesn't that seem odd. I wish they would give more details about the fire. Assuming it was intentionally set (if not, a huge coincidence), this proves that there is another person involved or the boyfriend had returned somehow with out LE knowing.

Also, I thought the apartment was searched before. They just now found blood? Hmmmm.

That was from a "source close to the investigation". Police are being cagey and denying the fire.

Here's todays article that says the authorities are trying to get Interpol involved to get DiGirolamo back from Italy. I live in the town where Amy went missing and saw her a week before she disappeared. http://www.nj.com/timesoftrenton/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1183521997127340.xml&coll=5

A previous article reported that DiGirolamo's salary was in the $50's not the $90s. And, he purchased his home under his wife's name in 1999 for $335k. That would have made him 24 years old at the time.

This doesn't look good.:(

JMHO
fran

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcxNjMxODMmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

HIGHTSTOWN -- Amy Giordano didn't act like a woman preparing to abandon her life.

Three days before she disappeared, the 27-year-old woman filled out and dated a voter registration card.

...............................snip............................

Blood found, tested

Delaware State Police Cpl. Jeffrey Whitmarsh said Tuesday that someone who knows Giordano told them that "in the days leading up to her disappearance, there was an argument between the two about her leaving him." He said detectives have not confirmed that a fight took place. He would not say who made the claim.

Detectives returned to Giordano's apartment Tuesday to conduct tests on "trace amounts of blood" found inside, DiBlasio said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!
Back