GUILTY NJ - Ariana Smyth, 2, raped & murdered, Gloucester City, 5 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thankyou for that info. I bet dad is heartbroken. To think of his lil angel having to go thru all that pain. And those two just covering her with a hat n stuff. It makes me feel physically sick.
Does anyone know if either sets of grandparents will be helping the dad at all. As im sure her mom is devastated too. As well as his mom.
Sorry am in UK so any links are good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I know that Ariana's paternal grandfather is involved, but only because he spoke on the father's behalf on that page. I'm sorry, we're not allowed to link here. There does seem to be a lot of extended family involved with Ariana front both sides, hopefully they can set aside any personal issues with each other and be supportive right now.

<mod snip> I'm sure it's not the first time this monster tried to cozy up to a single mother, but it's the first time he actually got one to fall for it. Poor, precious baby girl. I had to immediately go hug and kiss my three year old after I heard this horrible story. If anything ever happened to my husband, I don't think I'd date again until my children were grown. Too many weirdos out there!

I know that Ariana's paternal grandfather is involved, but only because he spoke on the father's behalf on that page. I'm sorry, we're not allowed to link here. There does seem to be a lot of extended family involved with Ariana front both sides, hopefully they can set aside any personal issues with each other and be supportive right now.
Thankyou for that. I'll check her fb out then. (:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The mother Amber Bobo will be out of prison next month.

From Nov 2017:

Mom who didn't help dying child must stay in jail, parole board says

Because of credits for time served, Amber Bobo, 27, was eligible for parole as soon as she was sentenced to three years in May. But the Parole Board said she needs another 18 months in prison because she does not understand her "criminal behavior" as it relates to the July 2016 death of her daughter, Ariana Smyth.

Bobo, the Parole Board wrote in its September decision, is "in the beginning stages of understanding her behavior on the street. More treatment is needed to help her gain insight."

Bobo's sentence will be up before her new parole eligibility date, on Dec. 12, 2018, according to Department of Correction records. She will end up serving just under 2 1/2 years in total, with credits for good time and work programs, according to the Department of Corrections.

Mom who didn't help dying child must stay in jail, parole board says

More at link.

She received a 3 year sentence in exchange for testifying against Disporto.

The article also says Disporto's trial was to start in January 2018 but I can't find anything about it. Anybody else?

Using this link, I see that Amber was released September 3. I can't find ANYTHING on Disporto ANYWHERE.. I must also be searching the wrong places or names or something. I don't see him incarcerated anywhere or with pending court dates and I'm sure he has one or the other. How frustrating. The Angels FB page said back in July that they would keep everyone posted on a trial date then nothing else

Attention

Jury deadlocks on whether man raped, killed his girlfriend’s toddler. Prosecution vows to retry him.

Superior Court Judge Edward McBride declared a mistrial Friday after jurors couldn’t agree on any of the charges, including murder and sexual assault, following a week of deliberations and roughly six-weeks of evidence in the case that featured grisly testimony.

The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office plans to retry the case, spokeswoman Alexandra McVeigh said Monday.

Disporto, 25, of Manahawkin, remains jailed.

CAMDEN -- Prosecutors struck a plea deal with Amber Bobo, recommending a lighter sentence as long as she testifies against her one-time boyfriend, who is accused of sexually assaulting and killing her toddler.

Bobo, 27, pleaded guilty in Camden County Superior Court March 23 to neglecting and abusing her daughter by not seeking medical attention though she suspected the 23-month-old was seriously injured.

Michael Disporto Jr., 23, of Manahawkin, is currently facing murder and sexual assault charges in the death of the toddler, Ariana Smyth.

According to the Camden County prosecutor's office, Disporto sexually abused Smyth and convinced Bobo not to take the child to the hospital. Bobo allegedly sought medical treatment later that evening, after twice taking the child to the mall, when she lost consciousness.

Judge John T. Kelley said the maximum sentence she could face is 10 years.

This case is old, but oddly there is no news reporting about his conviction or sentence. So I was curious if anyone has any information on that.

Disporto was found guilty on Oct. 13 of murder and aggravated sexual assault.

An earlier trial ended with a hung jury in 2019.

For the second trial, the prosecution wanted the jury to see surveillance video that purportedly showed Disporto, while alone in an interview room, engaging in a sex act after being shown graphic photos of Ariana's injuries.

Superior Court Judge Edward McBride Jr. rejected the prosecution's request, saying in part that the video's "minimal value" as potential evidence was outweighed "by the substantial risk of undue prejudice."
Michael Disporto Jr., accused of child's rape and murder, hears verdict

Shah told Judge John T. Kelley that according to Bobo, she and Disporto -- whom Bobo had been dating for just about two weeks -- picked Ariana up from her father's home in Cape May County on Saturday night at about 6 p.m. and went to Bobo's residence on South King Street in Gloucester City.

There, Disporto took Ariana to a park alone to "get to know her better" and later took the toddler to a field across the street from the residence to watch fireworks, while Bobo stayed home stating she was too tired to go.
The horrific final days of toddler allegedly killed by mom's boyfriend

sick freak, may he rot

What the actual hell, I'd be banned if I said what I was really thinking. That poor poor child. Failed by both. Why would you allow a man youve been dating for 2 weeks go off alone with your little girl, and then fail to get her medical attention because he threatened to break up with you. There are no words. Rest easy little one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back