NJ NJ - Cranbury, NJ Turnpike, BlkFem 16-20, UP1523, jewelry, cape type coat, poss smoker, Feb'77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Identity of victim unknown CRANBURY - A young black woman whose body was found Monday afternoon near the N.J. Turnpike here died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds to the head,' according to an autopsy performed yesterday by Dr. Marvin Shuster, Middlesex County medical examiner. State Police last night said the woman remains unidentified. The body of the woman, clad in blue jeans, striped top, coat and shoes, was found at the foot of a grassy embankment about two miles south of Exit 8A of the N.J.

Turnpike, police said. A turnpike employee found the body near a bus access ramp near the Molly Pitcher rest area. State police are continuing their investigation of the woman's death and a forensic consultant is attempting to match the woman's teeth with dental records to determine her identity

Wed Mar 2, 1977 The Central New Jersey Home News Page 15

Additional note: #UP1523 is found 20-miles away and 6-months before the "bound and gagged" Mercer County UNSOLVED murders of both Ruth Brooks (Sunday night Aug 28, 1977 -Princeton Ave, Trenton) and Sigrid Stevenson (Sunday night Sept 4, 1977 -Kendall Hall stage at Trenton State College)

Attachments

• NamUs_UP1523.jpg
    NamUs_UP1523.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
435UFNJ

Original

Cranbury, NJ has a population of almost 4000. Strange she ended up there?
No its not that shocking actually as a Jerseyan myself since alot of people that drive on the NJ Turnpike are out of staters. My family when I was a kid we used to use the Turnpike to go down to visit relatives in Virginia. There are people that live in the Southeastern United States that go to visit people up in Northeast States like New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut that use the Turnpike and vice versa.

It looks like she is a light brown skinned woman as opposed to being light skinned like a bi-racial woman.

I',m surprised her body was that intact minus the face when it was found since she was shot in the face and a face recon had to be done. She was officially dead on February 26th, 1977 which was a Saturday going back looking at the calendar.

I just thought of something before I was about to get off of the computer. How common was that "Indian Print" piece of clothing that she was wearing? I don't think she would have found a piece of clothing like that in Sears. That piece of clothing was maybe from a specialty store from nearby Edison, NJ or Woodbridge, NJ or maybe New York City. The Indian Population started to move into Edison and Woodbridge(late 70's/early 80's) especially the Iselin section of Woodbridge.

Last edited:
It looks like she is a light brown skinned woman as opposed to being light skinned like a bi-racial woman.

I',m surprised her body was that intact minus the face when it was found since she was shot in the face and a face recon had to be done. She was officially dead on February 26th, 1977 which was a Saturday going back looking at the calendar.

I just thought of something before I was about to get off of the computer. How common was that "Indian Print" piece of clothing that she was wearing? I don't think she would have found a piece of clothing like that in Sears. That piece of clothing was maybe from a specialty store from nearby Edison, NJ or Woodbridge, NJ or maybe New York City. The Indian Population started to move into Edison and Woodbridge(late 70's/early 80's) especially the Iselin section of Woodbridge.
I believe it's a southwestern/Native American print which was very popular in the 70s. I wasn't alive to witness it myself, but it seems to pop up on a lot of UIDs from the time.

I wonder if there is still a PM available just like Compton jane doe they made one available all of sudden despite being shut in the face. However I do believe the composition of her is probably on point. On names there is also a photo of her hand which shows her complexion

I checked last night on list of missing persons in surrounding states of New Jersey(New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Massachusetts, and Connecticut) but couldn't find any missing woman matching the Jane Doe on this thread. Its just strange nobody reported the doe on this thread missing since she was so young at the time of her death. Maybe she was a runaway or just started her own life and lost contact with family members.

What a dreadful tragedy that this lovely young woman was murdered, dumped on the side of the highway, and not identified for all these years. @othram would be able to help resolve this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back