NJ - Daniel Anderl, fatally shot at home by gunman, son of Fed Judge Salas, N. Brunswick 19 Jul 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From 2013:

'Mens' rights' activist loses court case that called nightclub's $350 vodka a human rights violation

Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Alexander Hunter wrote this week that Roy Den Hollander was not a victim of age and gender discrimination in 2010 when a bouncer at Amnesia nightclub told the 66-year-old to pay up, while letting a young lady in for free at the same time.

This wasn't Hollander's first longshot lawsuit.

He also sued several Manhattan hot spots including the Copacabana for organizing "ladies' nights" drink specials. The suit was thrown out by federal appeals court in 2010.

He also sued – twice – to halt federal funding of Columbia University's feminist studies program, arguing that feminism constitutes a "modern-day religion." Both were thrown out, most recently by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals last month.

Hollander said the defeats were starting to get to him.

"I'm beginning to think it's time for vigilante justice – civil disobedience," he said, elaborating that he "may pull a Carrie Nation on the Ladies' Nights clubs."

Carrie Nation, who died in 1911, was a radical member of the temperance movement who vandalized bars with a hatchet.

If they were disguised as a FedEx employee, they would not have any idea who was answering a family door that they would shoot. It could even be an assistant or domestic helper that might answer. IMO sounds like this crime was a message. They did not know who would answer the door. And just shot.
That is my thought, exactly. The shooter would have NO way of knowing who would answer the door!

Judge Esther Salas' son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home

A FedEx package addressed to Judge Salas was discovered in the car, sources said. The suspect who opened fire at the New Jersey home of US District Judge Esther Salas died by suicide near Liberty, NY, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News.

The suspect was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound near Campsite Road and Berry Brook Road in Sullivan County, the sources said. A municipal employee discovered the body in a car.

The deceased suspect was an attorney who, sources said, had a case before Judge Salas in 2015.

Federal judge's son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their home

BBM Why would the gunman bother with a fake parcel? Why would the gunman bring decoy package back to the car with him? Was he holding the box while he shot the victims?

Suicided? You don't say!

Yeah, totally unrelated to the Deutsche Bank case.

Easy peasy, all wrapped up nice and pretty with a big fluffy bow. Carry on, everybody, nothing to see here.

MOO

Last edited:
Professional hitmen are not typically instructed to, 'Just shoot whoever answers the door."

Professional hitmen are hired to take out specific targets.
They also don't usually leave live victims behind (MA).

I think it's more likely to be someone with a personal axe to grind/grudge against one of the family members.

It's more likely than not that there are multiple security cameras on their street, in addition to at their actual residence, that will have captured the vehicle the shooter drove. MA may also be able to provide LE with valuable info once he regains consciousness.

I anticipate that we'll see an arrest made relatively quickly in this case.

JMO.

The more I've thought about it the more I believe you are correct.

However he may have thought both were dead when he left.

Ita about all the cameras. Its strange because he had to know that too.

What made me back off a professional hitman is due to learning several shots were fired. Hitmen aren't sloppy usually.

I just pray they catch him soon. Could be some type of injustice collector who always blames others for their own bad choices.

Jmho

Last edited:
That is my thought, exactly. The shooter would have NO way of knowing who would answer the door!

Same here. Hinky stuff. So sad a young, vibrant young man was murdered, and his father so horrifically harmed.

Message.

Plus after all I've been reading he had it out for just about every female judge,lawyer, and young lady who got a free beer.

Where on earth did this Hollander person acquire such a vehemence against feminism? Going berserk about ladies getting a free drink in a bar, or ranting against Women's Studies at Columbia.
Hated his mother? Was dumped by a successful woman?
He was presumably an educated man.

Suspect in shooting death of federal judge's son is found dead, believed to be attorney

Actually I thought this crime might be tied to the Epstein crimes, as the judge was recently handed that case as far as the Deutsche (?) bank connection ?

Suicide or was in turn 'silenced' ?
If this turns out to be the perp, is the case now closed ?
I doubt it... just asking.

PICTURED: Anti-feminist lawyer suspect in shooting of judge's family | Daily Mail Online

it is certainly curious that it has those epstein ties. i'm sure we will never know the answers.

there was a mens' rights lawyer killed one week ago in california. he got a knock at the door and was shot dead.

so there are certainly a lot of strange coincidences following this case.

Men's rights activist shot dead in front of California home | Daily Mail Online

it is certainly curious that it has those epstein ties. i'm sure we will never know the answers.

there was a mens' rights lawyer killed one week ago in california. he got a knock at the door and was shot dead.

That is a strikingly weird coincidence! imo.
From link..
''Men's right activist and attorney, 52, who argued male-only military draft was unconstitutional is shot dead in front of his California home
  • Marc Angelucci, 52, was fatally shot on Saturday afternoon in front of his Crestline, California home ''

That is a strikingly weird coincidence! imo.
From link..
''Men's right activist and attorney, 52, who argued male-only military draft was unconstitutional is shot dead in front of his California home
  • Marc Angelucci, 52, was fatally shot on Saturday afternoon in front of his Crestline, California home ''

What the heck is going on?

This poor man cowrote a book "The Red Pill". It's on Amazon. Worth a look.

Last edited:

I'm glad you posted that, I've been sat on my hands wondering whether I'm going down a rabbit hole. I can't help thinking RDH could be jealous of the selective service suit Angelucci won.

Same here. Hinky stuff. So sad a young, vibrant young man was murdered, and his father so horrifically harmed.

Message.

Plus after all I've been reading he had it out for just about every female judge,lawyer, and young lady who got a free beer.

Admittedly, I've never been a big supporter of the feminist movement in general. It has nothing to do with women excelling like this honorable Judge has done though.

But anyway this attorney turned murderer seem to hate ALL women in general. Its horrible he took out his blind hatred on this innocent family.

I've never understood how anyone could be women or men haters, when both genders are all totally different individuals, and not clones based solely on gender.

It does make me wonder though if he knew JE, and if so..how well.

Could he have known his name may be in the little black book too?

It says he had cancer. I wonder if that was even true?

Does anyone know if he was married? They state he was a well known attorney in NY. I've never heard of him before this, but I'm not from that area of the country. TIA!

Jmho

Last edited:
If this is indeed the motive for this crime, it's beyond bizarre.

I'm wondering if there was another significant life stressor that triggered him, and the judge simply became the focus of his misdirected rage. I'll be interested to hear what else has been happening in his life recently....
I think you are right in that there could well be other motives. My guess is that the motives could be centered on Financial and low prestige:

- The deceased primary activity is said to have been filing civil lawsuits. Though there are a handful of Call 1800 Sue Them attorneys who grow wealthy doing this, most do not.

- My impression the few who do either manage to latch on to a big money suit against a deep pocket cooperation, or actually own a large "Sue them" firm specializing in low level lawsuits. Flunky 1 800 Sue them attorneys are on the low end.

- Likewise, the assailant appears to have been a crusading activity attorney for men's rights, apparently via civil lawsuits. Unless you are one of the few permanent staff attorneys with a liberal or conservative group, filing activist lawsuits don't really pay anything.

In short, I don't think chasing ambulances is a way to prestige or big bucks unless you are at the top of the ambulance chasing food chain. Being an activist attorney may be good prestige amongst a target audience, but usually does not pay well either.

Thus....It could be that shooter had few legal skills, financial problems and prestige issues. He then gets proceedural delays on an activist lawsuit that he expects will catapult him into fame, followed by fortune as new clients flock to him.

Last edited:
There are MANY unanswered questions about Roy Den Hollander...
- Where did he get a FedEx Uniform AND FedEx truck from?
- 2015 was the last time he anything to do with this Judge, why get so mad now?
- Did he have a connection with Russia and the IRS as he said he did?
- Many homes now have security cameras...are we going to see video, and if not why?
- Why would he shoot himself...in a rural area...with no one around?
- Was there anyone else involved?
IMO right now it's doesn't feel right...with time, that might change.

Where on earth did this Hollander person acquire such a vehemence against feminism? Going berserk about ladies getting a free drink in a bar, or ranting against Women's Studies at Columbia.
Hated his mother? Was dumped by a successful woman?
He was presumably an educated man.

Yeah appears - a woman hater.
So then he kills and wounds 2 men?
I have to admit I thought at first rather mafia like if they were after the judge...you know, wounding her by taking out her family.
Now it sounds like he just went in guns blazing.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back