NJ - Daniel Anderl, fatally shot at home by gunman, son of Fed Judge Salas, N. Brunswick 19 Jul 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect in fatal shooting at home of Judge Esther Salas described himself as an 'anti-feminist' lawyer, once argued a case before the judge

He argued one case before Salas, according to federal court records: a lawsuit where he represented a woman and her daughter as they sought to register for the military's selective service. Salas sided against a part of Den Hollander's arguments last spring, but also agreed with some of his claims and allowed the lawsuit to continue on.

He exited the case in June 2019, handing it over to a team of lawyers at the large New York-based law firm Boies Schiller Flexner. He said he "would not be able to see the case through" because he was terminally ill

On his website, he described himself as an "anti-feminist" lawyer who defended "men's rights." His personal writings and life's work reveal a toxic stew of sexist and racist bigotry.

In the so-called "Evolutionarily Correct Cyclopedia," he made chilling remarks about "solutions" to what he called "Political Commies" and feminists. "Things begin to change when individual men start taking out those specific persons responsible for destroying their lives before committing suicide," he wrote.

On his website, Den Hollander wrote an autobiographical document in which he personally disparaged Salas in racist and sexist terms.

While speaking about Salas, he claimed he often ran into trouble with female judges of Latin American descent, claiming they were "driven by an inferiority complex."

He attacked Salas' professional record and associations, and at one point, appeared to push a white nationalist belief that organizations are "trying to convince America that whites, especially white males, were barbarians, and all those of a darker skin complexion were victims."

He made a guest appearance on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report."

"The feminists have taken control over every institution in this country -- they want to take control over men," he told the Times in 2011 after the Supreme Court declined to take up his ladies' night lawsuit. "I'm going to fight them to my last dollar, last breath."

Suspect in fatal shooting at home of Judge Esther Salas described himself as an 'anti-feminist' lawyer, once argued a case before the judge - CNN

Lots more in article

Last edited:
Crouch, president of the National Coalition for Men, said he had known Angelucci, who served as the organization’s vice president, for more than 20 years.

[...]

“Apparently somebody came to the house, posed as a delivery person,” Crouch said. “And when he left, Marc was dead.”

[...]

“I immediately saw a link,” Crouch said. “But I want to be real clear, he’s not a NCFM member. Why isn’t he? Because I threw him out five or six years ago, because he was a nut job.”

Crouch said Hollander was once on the National Coalition for Men’s board, but he was removed after threatening Crouch.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has not named a suspect in the killing of Angelucci, though they have turned the case over to the New Jersey FBI.

Killing Of Men's Rights Attorney In San Bernardino County Might Be Connected To Shooting At Federal Judge's New Jersey Home

I’ve seen several comments about this horrible man being anti-feminist and questioning why he shot 2 males.

1. He meant to shoot her but got freaked out when the men appeared at the door; or
2. He intended to kill her only child to ensure she would suffer for the rest of her life.

My heart goes out to her. I hope her husband recovers.

DH posted thousands of pages of writing to the internet in recent years decrying feminism and ranting against Salas, according to websites registered in his name and address. He wrote about his hatred of her in a self-published book this year.

He pushed his books on several websites, according to domain registration records examined by NBC News that match his known address and phone number. In the recently published memoir he left online, he called Salas "a lazy and incompetent Latina judge appointed by Obama." Referring to a 2015 case Salas presided over, he said he "wanted to ask the Judge out, but thought she might hold me in contempt."

His writings are littered with language common among the most extreme anti-feminist communities on the web, some of which he was a member of. He was active in anti-feminist and misogynist groups on Facebook, including groups titled Humanity Vs. Feminism and Men Going Their Own Way, according to an analysis of accounts linked to him.

The memoir is one part of thousands of pages of misogynist writings DH’s self-published books and on websites over the last two decades.

In the 1,700-page screed, self-published this year, he also wrote about his hatred of his mother and other women and raged about female judges, including fantasizing about the rape of another judge who presided over his divorce case.

Suspect in federal judge’s home ambush railed against her in misogynistic book

He must have been a time bomb just waiting to go off. Yet another murderer who hated his mother.

DH posted thousands of pages of writing to the internet in recent years decrying feminism and ranting against Salas, according to websites registered in his name and address. He wrote about his hatred of her in a self-published book this year.

He pushed his books on several websites, according to domain registration records examined by NBC News that match his known address and phone number. In the recently published memoir he left online, he called Salas "a lazy and incompetent Latina judge appointed by Obama." Referring to a 2015 case Salas presided over, he said he "wanted to ask the Judge out, but thought she might hold me in contempt."

His writings are littered with language common among the most extreme anti-feminist communities on the web, some of which he was a member of. He was active in anti-feminist and misogynist groups on Facebook, including groups titled Humanity Vs. Feminism and Men Going Their Own Way, according to an analysis of accounts linked to him.

The memoir is one part of thousands of pages of misogynist writings DH’s self-published books and on websites over the last two decades.

In the 1,700-page screed, self-published this year, he also wrote about his hatred of his mother and other women and raged about female judges, including fantasizing about the rape of another judge who presided over his divorce case.

Suspect in federal judge’s home ambush railed against her in misogynistic book

He must have been a time bomb just waiting to go off. Yet another murderer who hated his mother.

oh wow, so not only was she a woman and latina, sounds like he could have had a crush on her at some point. maybe she rejected him. how absolutely awful.

So then he kills and wounds 2 men?

Now it sounds like he just went in guns blazing.
He might not of. As you pointed out, two men were shot. The two men were at the door for a routine matter (accept a package).

The presence of both men raises the possibility that the shooter had repeatedly asked for the judge to receive the package personally. This brought the judge's husband to the door.

The shooter, in a rage at not being able to get to his target, and perhaps feeling that his disguise is gradually failing (maybe Fed Ex uniform was older or incomplete, no log / tech gadget associated with a "sign for" package, and no visible truck) opens fire?

BBM Why would the gunman bother with a fake parcel? Why would the gunman bring decoy package back to the car with him?
Though I have no idea what he was actually thinking, people are accustomed to seeing Fed Ex employees delivering packages.

So, a package would further complete the disguise. Likewise, he could have taken the passage with him to avoid giving the police additional clues to analyze.

Last edited:
So men are ok to possess firearms, but 'girls' shouldn't be allowed Tasers:

Tasers aren’t harmless. Some guy out there right now is going to die from a hair-triggered girl. She’ll use her Taser out of malice and then cry she was afraid, or make up some lie about the guy threatening her. Her Feminist lawyer and Feminist psychologist will say she’s suffering from “Taser syndrome” and blame the dead guy and men in general for making her do it. A male judge will feel sorry for her and a female judge will identify with her, and she’ll get away with murder.

The courts already recognize a number of voodoo syndromes that allow girls to murder with impunity with little or no punishment. Do we really want another one that allows a girl to zap some guy for trying to pick her up? If females are so susceptible to all those syndromes of violence, doesn’t it make sense to keep weapons out of their hands?

Articles

I think I may have to stop reading this nonsense for my own sanity.

This murderer sounds like a real nutjob who was mad at all women.

Poor jerk. It must have driven him crazy knowing millions of women in the USA have long been purchasing firearms legally, and it continues to rise more than ever before. This week I'm purchasing another handgun myself.

The only thing I remotely agreed with him on is the double standards between male, and female offenders doing the same like sadistic violent crimes landing themselves in the justice system. After following thousands of cases for four decades now of both genders there has been double standards. I have finally seen it slowly change in the past few years. Imo, the reason why is so many females are committing heinous crimes against adults, and children. We know that by simply reviewing all of the forums here involving horrendous female defendants.

In fact the double standards between the two gender issue has been discussed on WS many times for many years.

We've had to witness vile female murderers getting off scot free or getting a replusive sweetheart deal when they were totally equally guilty themselves.

BUT its absolutely insane for anyone to judge all women the same. I detest those who want to lump everyone, no matter their gender, as being all exactly the same, taking away the fact that all human beings are individuals.

It sounds like this murderer did exactly that painting all women exactly the same. Ugh. What an arrogant monster.

Jmho

wow. an interview with hollander about how he met his "russian-prostitute- mobster" wife: (starts at 18:52).

*he was working as an acting manager for kroll associates, a private detective agency in moscow, and crashed a party in his apartment building. this party was at the office of a "modelling/call-girl/prostitution ring," and the woman he met had been the teenage mistress to a russian- chechen warlord. he used his job at kroll associates, and friends in the kgb + military intelligence, to find out that info. (per hollander).

You know, the girl might have easily convinced him that her life was in danger, and that she needed to leave the country.

He comes across as a strange mix between an incel, a maniac, a physically sick man with emotional dysregulation, an anti-feminist, an alt-right, and then, some. Plus, Ted Kaczynski with his manifest, a little bit of Steve Paddock.

Question is, what can be done to prevent such tragedies? First Amendment on one side, that protects such writers, and then, I sincerely believe no one has the time to read everything people post online nowadays. On the other hand, let us say someone read it, and cut his access to active court cases. Still, there is Second Amendment, that he ultimately used, when cancer did it for him.

I think such people are met in every country, in the same percentage. Brevik also comes to mind, etc, etc.

So this woman-hater goes down in history as the killer of the 21-year-old boy.

Last edited:
As I suspected....he hated his mother
"In the 1,700-page screed, self-published this year, he also wrote about his hatred of his mother..."

I wonder if she is still living.

Are there any siblings? If so, might they bring any light to the family history? How did they turn out?
Not that it matters anymore.
But from a psychological point of view, it's chilling that this man made his hate and skewed perception of women a mission.

He might not of. As you pointed out, two men were shot. The two men were at the door for a routine matter (accept a package).

The presence of both men raises the possibility that the shooter had repeatedly asked for the judge to receive the package personally. This brought the judge's husband to the door.

The shooter, in a rage at not being able to get to his target, and perhaps feeling that his disguise is gradually failing (maybe Fed Ex uniform was older or incomplete, no log / tech gadget associated with a "sign for" package, and no visible truck) opens fire?

Though I have no idea what he was actually thinking, people are accustomed to seeing Fed Ex employees delivering packages.

So, a package would further complete the disguise. Likewise, he could have taken the passage with him to avoid giving the police additional clues to analyze.
CRYPTIC, Most excellent thoughts! In his mind, the "fully crazed killer" was so close to his intended target. No doubt the judge's husband picked up on the "oddness" of a 66 year old FedEx delivery man (Uh, that would be my first clue something was amiss), showing up on a Sunday at 5PM (second clue) and specifically asking for the wife to sign for a package? I can see just about every husband in the US instantly realizing something was very wrong.... I think he physically blocked the killer and scuffle ensued. And wonderful son heard the commotion and ran to his Father's aid?
Horrible, horrible tragedy...

He was discovered with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound outside a vehicle in Liberty, N.Y.

The suspect was identified as Roy Den Hollander, 72, an attorney who had a case before the judge in 2015.

Family friends said the couple’s son, Daniel Anderl, was killed when he ran to his father’s aid.

“I’m thinking maybe another kid would hide in a closet. I mean, you hear gunshots, you’d get scared, you don’t know what to do,” neighbor Marion Costanza said. “This kid just ran to help his dad, and I really can believe that. They were very close.”

Investigators said there was a package inside the suspect’s vehicle addressed to the judge. At this point, it’s still unclear if the Salas or her husband were the intended target.

Gunman Suspected Of Ambushing Federal Judge’s Family Inside New Jersey Home Found Dead

Den Hollander was "a good lawyer" but "he was full of rage," said a former friend and fellow lawyer who once worked with him and claimed to know him "pretty well."

Jeffrey Drummond, 69, said when he learned of the killing, "I was shocked. But then I kind of thought, 'Oh, no kidding.'" "The rage he had was consistent with what I read that he did".

Drummond said he met Den Hollander in 1977 while volunteering for a state senate campaign in Boston. They both moved to New York in 1980 and kept in touch.

The former friend said he did not socialize with Den Hollander outside of work and stopped keeping in touch with him around 2008 or 2009. "He was always extremely angry about life in general".

Around the early 2000s, Drummond said, Hollander started calling women "feminazis." "His angry, anti-women, offhand remarks were concerning to me."

Drummond said he referred Hollander to a therapist and told him his anger issues in the present were tied to his past.

Photo of Judge Janet M. DiFiore found in car connected to suspect who shot Judge Esther Salas's family - CNN

Suspect in fatal shooting at home of Judge Esther Salas described himself as an 'anti-feminist' lawyer, once argued a case before the judge

He argued one case before Salas, according to federal court records: a lawsuit where he represented a woman and her daughter as they sought to register for the military's selective service. Salas sided against a part of Den Hollander's arguments last spring, but also agreed with some of his claims and allowed the lawsuit to continue on.

He exited the case in June 2019, handing it over to a team of lawyers at the large New York-based law firm Boies Schiller Flexner. He said he "would not be able to see the case through" because he was terminally ill

On his website, he described himself as an "anti-feminist" lawyer who defended "men's rights." His personal writings and life's work reveal a toxic stew of sexist and racist bigotry.

In the so-called "Evolutionarily Correct Cyclopedia," he made chilling remarks about "solutions" to what he called "Political Commies" and feminists. "Things begin to change when individual men start taking out those specific persons responsible for destroying their lives before committing suicide," he wrote.

On his website, Den Hollander wrote an autobiographical document in which he personally disparaged Salas in racist and sexist terms.

While speaking about Salas, he claimed he often ran into trouble with female judges of Latin American descent, claiming they were "driven by an inferiority complex."

He attacked Salas' professional record and associations, and at one point, appeared to push a white nationalist belief that organizations are "trying to convince America that whites, especially white males, were barbarians, and all those of a darker skin complexion were victims."

He made a guest appearance on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report."

"The feminists have taken control over every institution in this country -- they want to take control over men," he told the Times in 2011 after the Supreme Court declined to take up his ladies' night lawsuit. "I'm going to fight them to my last dollar, last breath."

Suspect in fatal shooting at home of Judge Esther Salas described himself as an 'anti-feminist' lawyer, once argued a case before the judge - CNN

Lots more in article

Morning!

I'm confused.

It says he represented a woman, and her daughter who wanted to enter the military??

Why would he be representing any female?

Does anyone know if he had other female clients? TIA!

This seems so contradictory to me based on his anti feminist beliefs. It would seem the last one he would ever want to represent would be a female.

I really know nothing about the feminist movement especially in today's time other than the metoo...movement.

Are they against women joining branches of the military in special forces? If so, why. That makes no sense to me.

Tia!

Jmho

Last edited:
Morning!

I'm confused.

It says he represented a woman, and her daughter who wanted to enter the military??

Why would he be representing any female?

Does anyone know if he had other female clients? TIA!

This seems so contradictory to me based on his anti feminist beliefs. It would seem the last one he would ever want to represent would be a female.

I really know nothing about the feminist movement especially in today's time other than the metoo...movement.

Are they against women joining branches of the military is special forces? If so, why. That makes no sense to me.

Tia!

Jmho
It depends on his motivation, I'd guess a way to demonstrate discrimination against only males having to register for selective service is to document a female denied being able to register on the grounds of sex. (Not sure I've worded that very clearly.)

No idea what would motivate the female client(s) though, but I don't think it was feminism or a genuine desire to join the military. Feels more like they tried to help RDH make a point.

ETA:. It sort of ties in with his beliefs that the judicial system is favored towards females.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back