GUILTY NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@inmyhumbleopinion - going thru some of my February cases - and wondering if anything might be updated in the court site?

TIA! :)
So sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

It looks like Matt will not be returning until the 13th, but hopefully, I will hear back from him when he does, and when I do, I will most certainly let everyone on here know.
FBA908C9-DE8F-4BFC-BBEA-AEE68614BDDB.jpeg

Monday, August 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos.) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24/now 26) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Said beat toddler for not eating & not listening to her. Died from blunt force trauma & multiply bone fractures.
Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 10/20/20 reference post #175 here:
NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

1/28/21 Update: Attorney Jill Cohen is asking that the most serious charge against her client — first-degree murder — be tried separately from charges of desecrating human remains & tampering with evidence. Cohen argues that Griner wouldn’t get a fair trial on the murder charge if the same jury heard the charges together. ‘They have evidence that clearly indicates from circumstantial evidence & the evidence they found that she was the person that destroyed the remains. But if you try the counts together, the jury is going to be so prejudiced against her that they can’t see that the state hasn’t proven a manner of death or at whose hands the death was.’ The new defense motion will be considered during a Feb. 25 hearing.
2/25/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 8/16/21.

@inmyhumbleopinion - was wondering if your friend Matt knows when the next court date might be? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif.pagespeed.ce.SXCRW0-V4P.gif

Friday, October 8th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos.) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24/now 26) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Said beat toddler for not eating & not listening to her. Died from blunt force trauma & multiply bone fractures.
Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 1/28/21 reference post #189 here:
NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

2/25/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 8/16/21. 8/16/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 10/8/21 & trial date might be set.

Updated: Oct. 08, 2021, 12:26 p.m. | Published: Oct. 08, 2021, 12:26 p.m.

By Matt Gray | For NJ.com

“A mother charged with murder in the killing, burning and dismembering of her young child has rejected a plea offer and will face trial.

Nakira M. Griner, 27, of Bridgeton, is accused in the 2019 death of 23-month-old Daniel Griner Jr.

[SBM]

She appeared in court Friday for a pre-trial conference during which the allegations were summarized and the prosecution described its plea offer in which Griner would serve 30 years in prison in return for a guilty plea on the murder charge.

She declined that plea offer in favor of trial.

Griner, who appeared by video from jail, offered brief responses to questions posed by Superior Court Judge George H. Gangloff Jr.

Senior Assistant Prosecutor Elizabeth Vogelsong-Parvin outlined the allegations against Griner, who was indicted in 2019 on charges of first-degree murder, disturbing or desecrating human remains (second-degree), tampering with evidence (fourth-degree), endangering the welfare of a child (second-degree) and false public alarm (second-degree).

[SBM]

The judge set a trial date of Jan. 10, 2022.” (BBM)
N.J. mom charged with killing her child, burning remains rejects plea offer and will face trial

@inmyhumbleopinion - another month has gone by and just wondering if there might be any updates?

TIA!
byegant.gif
Here is what Matt Gray had to say in his email just now:
“Hello – I doubt this will actually happen in January – they set these dates, then bump them – so I’ll check back in early January to see if this is really still happening.”

:):)

Okay - thank you for taking the time to find this out. And yes I do have him for trial on 1/10/22. I'll make a note to "tag" you in early January or late December!
animated-smileys-christmas-044.gif

I'll go ahead & post this & wait for @inmyhumbleopinion to tell me anything different. :)

Monday, January 10th:
*Trial set to begin (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos.) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24/now 27) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial set to begin 1/10/22.

Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 8/16/21 reference post #194 here:

10/8/21 Update: Griner appeared in court Friday for a pretrial conference during which the allegations were summarized & the prosecution described its plea offer in which Griner would serve 30 years in prison in return for a guilty plea on the murder charge. She declined that plea offer in favor of trial. Superior Court Judge George H. Gangloff Jr. set a trial date of 1/10/22.

@inmyhumbleopinion - I'm guessing this is still a go?

Tuesday, January 11th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos.) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24/now 27) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial began on 1/10/22.

Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 10/8/21 reference post #201 here:

1/10/22 Monday, Trial Day 1: Jury selection begins. No other info available. Trial continues on 1/11/22.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back