AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have red corduroy pants from, I think, GAP. They were a hand-me-down from a friend and the original owner cut the logo portion of the label out, so not certain. Granted I am a female, just pointing out how these things can happen. "Red" clothing could be brick-colored, burgundy, maroon... anything predominantly reddish, IMO, if you are asking a male. Exceptions made for painter and photographer artist types; or males who have worked as house painters or paint mixers in home improvement stores; but generally, in my experience men don't appreciate fine color gradations without some education in the matter. Not everything is primary colored.

Also, I think we can rule out anyone known to the 3-year-old taking Dulce, because I should think the 3-year-old would have lisped out whatever verbal identifier he has for the known person.

A lot of you think the POI was wearing miss matched clothes. Red and black are worn here together on a daily basis (Bulldog country) A lot of schools team colors are red and black. As for the orange shoes, I doubt they would match with anything. Worn more has a status symbol. A very expensive one. Any gang activity in that area?
rbbm.
Could this be a guy attempting, but falling slightly short of a "preppy" look?imo, speculation.
https://bespokeunit.com/shoes/trouser-coordination/red-trousers/
"Although they’re not very common, red trousers are still quite popular among certain circles. As a very bright and zealous color, they can be difficult to coordinate well with different shoe colors."
"They have a well-deserved preppy reputation, and you are free to interpret that as you wish."

"Orange shoes with red trousers will look clownish. These are analogous colors on the color wheel, which is the opposite of complementary. That makes things a lot more difficult to coordinate and we don’t recommend doing it here."

“She recounted how on Tuesday, having not eaten for 36 hours, she accepted a slice of pizza from a family member as she stood in Bridgeton City Park, the site of the abduction, and was approached by a stranger who had volunteered to search for the child.
“ ‘If my daughter was missing, I wouldn’t eat!’ this lady yelled at me," said Alavez Perez, a Bridgeton native. “Then she started taking a video of me. My mother told me not to go back to the park because everyone is talking bad about me.””

I am wondering if the perp stalked out this location before, perhaps in the days leading up to Dulce’s abduction, or if this was an opportunistic abduction.
I'd say both. I tend to believe the suspect knows about this park and this playground, possibly has looked before for any random female child. I also think it's possible he just happened to be there when Dulce and her brother arrived.

I have red corduroy pants from, I think, GAP. They were a hand-me-down from a friend and the original owner cut the logo portion of the label out, so not certain. Granted I am a female, just pointing out how these things can happen. "Red" clothing could be brick-colored, burgundy, maroon... anything predominantly reddish, IMO, if you are asking a male. Exceptions made for painter and photographer artist types; or males who have worked as house painters or paint mixers in home improvement stores; but generally, in my experience men don't appreciate fine color gradations without some education in the matter. Not everything is primary colored.

Also, I think we can rule out anyone known to the 3-year-old taking Dulce, because I should think the 3-year-old would have lisped out whatever verbal identifier he has for the known person.
Recently I saw a young guy wearing all red, including shoes. Maybe that's popular now among young people, who knows. All of that even assuming that the description we have of a perp is accurate. We don't even have an age range (really weird, cause that's pretty important for identification purposes), or hair description, so how accurate is clothing description?

This photo?
IKMFDIYPD5H3BI5W7DNRWTT4O4.jpg

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

I have not read one report that states any other children were on the playground. Or that any other parents were in the area. Doesn't mean it's not the case, and perhaps some of the witnesses are from the playground and are adults who were there with their kids.

My thought is if there were more people around in the exact area, it would not have been so easy for Dulce to be taken. JMO
I would think at that time of day there would have been other children and parents there.

It also might be easy to take a child from a crowded area, if there are lots of people focused on other activities they may not notice one little girl being led away.
One they were out of sight and behind the buildings it would have been less likely that someone would notice.
But someone did see something, apparently, because they were able to provide a description. Imo

Acne ? Where did they find that description ?

Acne age 15 to 28 ???
The man who police are searching for is described as having a thin build, light skin, no facial hair, and acne. He is said to be between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and was wearing a black shirt, red pants, and orange sneakers, possibly Nikes. (NBC News)

rbbm.
Could this be a guy attempting, but falling slightly short of a "preppy" look?imo, speculation.
https://bespokeunit.com/shoes/trouser-coordination/red-trousers/
"Although they’re not very common, red trousers are still quite popular among certain circles. As a very bright and zealous color, they can be difficult to coordinate well with different shoe colors."
"They have a well-deserved preppy reputation, and you are free to interpret that as you wish."

"Orange shoes with red trousers will look clownish. These are analogous colors on the color wheel, which is the opposite of complementary. That makes things a lot more difficult to coordinate and we don’t recommend doing it here."
Orange and tan/brown are similar colors. Whoever gave the description apparently couldn't even tell how old the guy was, or any facial features (other than acne), so is the shoe color really accurate?

“She recounted how on Tuesday, having not eaten for 36 hours, she accepted a slice of pizza from a family member as she stood in Bridgeton City Park, the site of the abduction, and was approached by a stranger who had volunteered to search for the child.
“ ‘If my daughter was missing, I wouldn’t eat!’ this lady yelled at me," said Alavez Perez, a Bridgeton native. “Then she started taking a video of me. My mother told me not to go back to the park because everyone is talking bad about me.””
Cruel and ignorant, glad that the 5 months pregnant woman managed to eat at least some food! imo, speculation.

I would think at that time of day there would have been other children and parents there.

It also might be easy to take a child from a crowded area, if there are lots of people focused on other activities they may not notice one little girl being led away.
One they were out of sight and behind the buildings it would have been less likely that someone would notice.
But someone did see something, apparently, because they were able to provide a description. Imo
Yes true, and I'd think someone would have seen the brother's ice cream being knocked to the ground. Also, it was a school night and close to dinner time, so not sure many people would have been there at the time. JMO

Another thought...the mom asked the 3 year old brother which way Dulce went. She never was quoted as having asked anyone else on the playground. Myself - I would have immediately asked any adult who was there and any other child as well. She then called her family to bring a dog to help find Dulce. Nothing about asking people on the spot helping in the search.

Yes true, and I'd think someone would have seen the brother's ice cream being knocked to the ground. Also, it was a school night and close to dinner time, so not sure many people would have been there at the time. JMO
I thought it was around four o'clock when they got there, which would be right after they got out of school.
I know my daughter always wanted to go right to the playground after school, and there were always lots of other kids there.
I just can't imagine it being empty, but I don't know how popular that particular park is or how often people go there. Imo

The man who police are searching for is described as having a thin build, light skin, no facial hair, and acne. He is said to be between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and was wearing a black shirt, red pants, and orange sneakers, possibly Nikes. (NBC News)
Nike also has a lot of red sweatpants/shorts. Maybe the whole outfit was Nike's?

Another thought...the mom asked the 3 year old brother which way Dulce went. She never was quoted as having asked anyone else on the playground. Myself - I would have immediately asked any adult who was there and any other child as well. She then called her family to bring a dog to help find Dulce. Nothing about asking people on the spot helping in the search.
People are different, some have trouble asking strangers for help.

Yes, and his icecream was on the ground, which makes me wonder if he dropped it because he was scared or that there was some kind of struggle.
I'm thinking he was shaken by whatever he saw, dropped his ice cream, and tried to explain what happened by pointing to the direction his sister had gone.
That's also why I think this was a stranger abduction. If the perpetrator was known to him, he would have been able to identify the person and he would not have been so upset. Imo

Not necessarily. If, just hypothetically, the abduction was undertaken by parties related to Dulce's paternal side, that is completely different parentage to the 3yo. so very unlikely he would know them at all. So while a stranger to him, maybe not to Dulce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova