AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I think the witness report came at least partially from the little brother, which is why it didn’t come out for a couple of days. It took him a little while to be interviewed because they are very patient in their methods with little kids.

2) The outfit of the suspect isn’t strange at all. Red track pants or sweatpants are extremely common, and nobody matches their sneakers specifically to their pants, especially when it’s just a casual day at the park.

3) I don’t think there were many (if any) people at the park or we would have heard from them.

4) I think this is the rarest of beasts, a stranger abduction.

I thought it was around four o'clock when they got there, which would be right after they got out of school.
I know my daughter always wanted to go right to the playground after school, and there were always lots of other kids there.
I just can't imagine it being empty, but I don't know how popular that particular park is or how often people go there. Imo
I don't know the area as well as I used to so you could be right. It has changed as has the town. I just find it strange that there has been mention of the basketball players being there and no mention of anyone else on the playground, not even by the mom.

Dulce would have gone home first to change as Bridgeton School District requires uniforms. She is pictured wearing one in one photo. She had different clothes on before she went missing. Not sure what time Kindergarten dismissal would be and whether or not the school requires full-day Kindergarten. Probably, as most do now. Makes me curious about witnesses, for sure.

I don't think the witness report came from the brother. Other than somebody knocking down his ice cream, I don't think brother provided any significant information. He is too young.

Either one of my kids could have provided basic information about the color of the car, the color of the clothes, and how the man left with Dulce (e.g, he didn’t grab her, he just held her hand and they walked away), especially if they were closer to four years old. It’s true they would have been more upset about the ice cream though. That’s just a kid for you.

Since the abduction happened Monday it may be safe to assume the person of interest is no longer wearing that clothing. He may have ditched the outfit as soon as there was public info released. The clothing seems like a moot point to me.
Well, it's important because someone close to him will remember what he was wearing. That alone is not significant but when combined with other things it might help. For example if he was very nervous that day, came home much later than usual, and seems unusually interested (or uninterested) when the story comes on the news.

It can also help jog people's memory who may have seen him with a little girl that day, and didn't think anything of it at the time. Imo

And if the witnesses are, in fact, adolescents who were playing basketball, how many of them would say maroon and not red? Maybe they would, since it is one of the school's colors and they are likely familiar with it. JMO

I'm wondering the same thing about the witness. All I could find was that "a witness" described the suspect. The description seems so detailed, with specific information about facial skin. How would someone know that without having a conversation with, or being within a few feet of, the suspect?

Do most young Hispanic men in the area dress like that? I would think that what he was wearing together with his red van would trigger a lot of tips, yet he has not been located. Does the suspect not have friends in the area who would immediately know him based on that description?

She was abducted within 3 minutes of arriving at the park.

"They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said." (link)
That suggests that the suspect was at the swings waiting at the park for an unaccompanied child to arrive. The children ran to the playground, he immediately took Dulce and left, and the 3 year old child ran straight back to the car.

upload_2019-9-22_9-18-56.png

rbbm.
Could this be a guy attempting, but falling slightly short of a "preppy" look?imo, speculation.
https://bespokeunit.com/shoes/trouser-coordination/red-trousers/
"Although they’re not very common, red trousers are still quite popular among certain circles. As a very bright and zealous color, they can be difficult to coordinate well with different shoe colors."
"They have a well-deserved preppy reputation, and you are free to interpret that as you wish."

"Orange shoes with red trousers will look clownish. These are analogous colors on the color wheel, which is the opposite of complementary. That makes things a lot more difficult to coordinate and we don’t recommend doing it here."

BBM. Ah yes, "Nantucket Red".

The photo is interesting, but I think it's just a coincidence. Being 5 months pregnant with her 3rd child, she just grabbed a comfortable hoodie.

If the mom was involved, why would they allow her to still be walking free this many days later?

I'm wondering the same thing about the witness. All I could find was that "a witness" described the suspect. The description seems so detailed, with specific information about facial skin. How would someone know that without having a conversation with, or being within a few feet of, the suspect?

Do most young Hispanic men in the area dress like that? I would think that what he was wearing together with his red van would trigger a lot of tips, yet he has not been located. Does the suspect not have friends in the area who would immediately know him based on that description?

"They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said." (link)
That suggests that the suspect was at the swings waiting at the park for an unaccompanied child to arrive. The children ran to the playground, he immediately took Dulce and left, and the 3 year old child ran straight back to the car.

View attachment 205769

You've got me wondering if Dulce was originally spotted by the perp at the convenience store, and followed her and her family to the park??? Hopefully they've checked the CCTV for the store. I'm sure they have...

Three minutes is an extremely short period of time for a perp to see his victim (a stranger), and formulate a plan to kidnap. IMO

You've got me wondering if Dulce was originally spotted by the perp at the convenience store, and followed her and her family to the park??? Hopefully they've checked the CCTV for the store. I'm sure they have...

Three minutes is an extremely short period of time for a perp to see his victim (a stranger), and formulate a plan to kidnap. IMO

this is one reason I wondered if the red van was a "bread van"...i.e. delivery at the store

Another thought...the mom asked the 3 year old brother which way Dulce went. She never was quoted as having asked anyone else on the playground. Myself - I would have immediately asked any adult who was there and any other child as well. She then called her family to bring a dog to help find Dulce. Nothing about asking people on the spot helping in the search.
Well, I think she searched for her for about 45 minutes before calling police, so maybe she did ask others if they had seen her. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't.
Usually others would notice a mom looking around for her daughter, as she probably would have been calling out her name and very worried. So maybe there were not many people around by that time to help look for her. I'm assuming the people playing basketball didn't stop to help look for her, but they may not have realized what was happening. Imo

View attachment 205769
I think out of sight for 3 minutes is not the same as when they arrived at the park..supposedly they were on the playground for about 10 minutes. There was some mix up about this earlier.

I believe the suspect was there earlier and seen by probably the basketball players close enough to get such details.

"According to a timeline provided by police, the four then headed from the convenience store to the park, arriving shortly after 4 p.m. Dulce and her brother went to the playground while the 8-year-old relative and Dulce’s mother waited in the car."

About 10 minutes later, Dulce’s brother returned to the car crying to say his sister had disappeared.

ETA. Link
Last footage shows Dulce Alavez getting ice cream, acting playful in store before she went missing

Last edited:
Well, I think she searched for her for about 45 minutes before calling police, so maybe she did ask others if they had seen her. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't.
Usually others would notice a mom looking around for her daughter, as she probably would have been calling out her name and very worried. So maybe there were not many people around by that time to help look for her. I'm assuming the people playing basketball didn't stop to help look for her, but they may not have realized what was happening. Imo
We are basically saying the same thing. I just find it odd no mention of any witnesses on the playground. The basketball players have been mentioned many times, but not any other. Why report one group of people there and not another?

No one could know that the mother would sit in the car at the playground and leave the children unattended, so it seems like a real long shot that anyone would follow them from the ice cream shop to the park. It sounds like the suspect was at the playground when the children arrived, and as soon as they were at the swings, the suspect grabbed Dulce and left.

Maybe it's common for young children to be at that park without parents?

I think out of sight for 3 minutes is not the same as when they arrived at the park..supposedly they were on the playground for about 10 minutes. There was some mix up about this earlier.

I believe the suspect was there earlier and seen by probably the basketball players close enough to get such details.

"According to a timeline provided by police, the four then headed from the convenience store to the park, arriving shortly after 4 p.m. Dulce and her brother went to the playground while the 8-year-old relative and Dulce’s mother waited in the car."

About 10 minutes later, Dulce’s brother returned to the car crying to say his sister had disappeared.

ETA. Link
Last footage shows Dulce Alavez getting ice cream, acting playful in store before she went missing

The ice cream shop has CCTV, so it shouldn't be too difficult to know the exact time that they arrived at the park.

"Compiling information from witness accounts, police said in a statement: “Detectives believe Dulce was taken by a light-skinned Hispanic male, 5′6” to 5′8″, thin build, no facial hair and facial acne, wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt.

“The suspect was last seen leading Dulce from the Bridgeton City Park playground to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows at approximately 4:20 p.m. Monday." (link)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova