AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ice cream shop has CCTV, so it shouldn't be too difficult to know the exact time that they arrived at the park.

"Compiling information from witness accounts, police said in a statement: “Detectives believe Dulce was taken by a light-skinned Hispanic male, 5′6” to 5′8″, thin build, no facial hair and facial acne, wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt.

“The suspect was last seen leading Dulce from the Bridgeton City Park playground to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows at approximately 4:20 p.m. Monday." (link)​
Quoted as being at the Sunoco Convenience Store around 4pm. Park is only a 5 minute drive from there. Give or take a few minutes, and mom's word for how long they were out of sight...although I remember reading she could see them on the swings, maybe her words as well. To your point, it did happen quickly. Suspect was definitely there waiting, or at least in the area when they arrived.

We are now on day 7. Pray a family member has Dulce. The other options are horrifying.

Her name is Dulce: a unique person. Not her, she, the child. I want all msm to use her name.

Last edited:
You've got me wondering if Dulce was originally spotted by the perp at the convenience store, and followed her and her family to the park??? Hopefully they've checked the CCTV for the store. I'm sure they have...

Three minutes is an extremely short period of time for a perp to see his victim (a stranger), and formulate a plan to kidnap. IMO
Check out how fast this perp grabs a child in this unrelated case..
Suspect in attempted kidnapping of 3-year-old in Brooklyn
May 9, 2018

Quoted as being at the Sunoco Convenience Store around 4pm. Park is only a 5 minute drive from there. Give or take a few minutes, and mom's word for how long they were out of sight...although I remember reading she could see them on the swings, maybe her words as well. To your point, it did happen quickly. Suspect was definitely there waiting, or at least in the area when they arrived.

Question for someone familiar with the area: after abducting Dulce, the goal is to get to an isolated area as fast as possible, where did he go next?

upload_2019-9-22_10-12-8.png

upload_2019-9-22_10-14-2.png

It makes me wonder if anyone they knew had knowledge they were going to the park that day. Whether it was direct contact or by word of mouth from someone else they know. I know some really creepy people in the Cumberland County area, one being an ex pedophile, that would ask around about my kids when they were little. Possibly someone knew she was going to be at the park that day. Perhaps if the mom were to get out (not at all blaming mom), the person would have had a regular conversation with all of them and nothing would be suspected and he would've tried again next time. Just saying, there are a lot of creepy, obsessive people out there. It would be good to find out if the mom or grandmom has anyone they know, close or not, that is obsessed with either one of them or the child.

We are basically saying the same thing. I just find it odd no mention of any witnesses on the playground. The basketball players have been mentioned many times, but not any other. Why report one group of people there and not another?
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe there were others there but by the time police arrived they were gone so there was no way to question them. Imo

Question for someone familiar with the area: after abducting Dulce, the goal is to get to an isolated area as fast as possible, where did he go next?

View attachment 205776

View attachment 205777
Someone posted a color coded map with potential escape routes earlier. I think the ways out were in white. I'll have to look again, but it did seem like he could have gone out without someone noticing. Imo

It makes me wonder if anyone they knew had knowledge they were going to the park that day. Whether it was direct contact or by word of mouth from someone else they know. I know some really creepy people in the Cumberland County area, one being an ex pedophile, that would ask around about my kids when they were little. Possibly someone knew she was going to be at the park that day. Perhaps if the mom were to get out (not at all blaming mom), the person would have had a regular conversation with all of them and nothing would be suspected and he would've tried again next time. Just saying, there are a lot of creepy, obsessive people out there. It would be good to find out if the mom or grandmom has anyone they know, close or not, that is obsessed with either one of them or the child.

Maybe the mother put it on social media

I hope LE are questioning all known pedophiles in the area by now. It's been almost a week.

Yes, and his icecream was on the ground, which makes me wonder if he dropped it because he was scared or that there was some kind of struggle.
I'm thinking he was shaken by whatever he saw, dropped his ice cream, and tried to explain what happened by pointing to the direction his sister had gone.
That's also why I think this was a stranger abduction. If the perpetrator was known to him, he would have been able to identify the person and he would not have been so upset. Imo

Language skills vary so much at that age. My daughter could easily carry on a conversation with completely clear speech, but her half sister is almost 4 and only her parents can understand her. If the boy knew the person who took Dulce, it’s possible he thought he was being left out by not being taken too.

They need a tip, a close relative of someone who just hasn’t been acting ‘right’ since the 16th. Fixated with the news, anxious when there is a knock at the door, spending more time alone, snapping and becoming agitated over small things. Someone who perhaps came home late that night and ran straight for a shower and uncharacteristically put their clothes in the wash or took out trash. Someone’s husband, son, partner who has been acting strangely. Wanting sex more often with violent tendencies, or perhaps not wanting to come to bed atall. SOMEONE’S behaviour has drastically altered and locals need to be on high alert everyone is suspect until they can be ruled out.
JMO MOO

3 year old Rachael Runyan was abducted from a park in 1982, this case is strikingly similar but sadly Rachael’s case didn’t have a happy ending and is currently unsolved.

Link to Rachael Runyan wiki page:

Murder of Rachael Runyan - Wikipedia

Just shows that it does happen.
Yes, it can happen anywhere. There are still unsolved cases of children who were taken right outside of their homes. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova