AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or possibly being led through the park?

LE really needs to confirm that the little girl being put inside a red vehicle, was not a father-daughter situation. I’m not convinced that this was Dulce. I cannot explain my feelings, but that’s my doubtful side.
It’s possible but seems unlikely an innocent, but unrelated to this case, man and child would not have come forward by now. Unless it’s someone who wants to avoid police for other reasons?

The gossip about her mother being arrested and wired 15k moments after the abduction are running like crazy in my area. People really believe it even after LE has said that’s not the case. People want to believe the worst and it’s getting on my nerves. It’s running all over social media and being reposted and shared over and over again.

The gossip is totally rampant.

I think some of it was due to Prosecutor's Office facebook post stating that the mom was NOT arrested and featuring a screen shot of another facebook post that said she was. When well-meaning people shared the post, it cut off the Prosecutor's Office commentary at the top and only showed the picture of the post with the false information, looking like it was posted by the prosecutor. I contacted the office about it and they added a red label to the screen shot that says "false information".

Police have continued to pull over any red vans they see in the area, as one lead police has been that a man led Alavez from the playground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows.

"At this point in the investigation, we continue to consider all possibilities. We remain hopeful that we're going to find Dulce alive," Webb-McRae said, adding that authorities are seeking to speak with the little girl's father.

Dulce's father is believed to be in Mexico, police initially said, but his exact location remains unknown and authorities have not said in recent days if he has been in contact.

"I'm not sure there's ever been so many police officers in Bridgeton," Deacon Arnaldo Santos of Holy Cross Parish said Monday.

"We're giving moral support and prayer, having vigils and praying the rosary," Santos said. "They know the doors of the church are open to them."

The boyfriend, a 27-year-old Mexican citizen, "is part of an ongoing investigation by local, state and federal law enforcement partners and ICE cannot comment further," ICE spokesman Adrian Smith said in a statement last week, refusing to confirm whether the investigation into the boyfriend involves Alavez's disappearance.
Where Is Dulce? Bridgeton, NJ, Girl Still Missing Week Later

Each child had an ice cream in hand as they ran toward the playground, Alavez Pérez said.

About 10 minutes later, the mother saw the 3-year-old boy upset and crying, his ice cream on the ground and his sister nowhere to be found. The boy pointed behind some buildings saying his sister went that way, Alavez Pérez said.

The mother called family members and they began to search the park and playground area. Afraid that someone had taken her daughter, Alavez Pérez called police around 4:50 p.m. Officers immediately began to search for the girl.
Reward Climbs to $35K as Search for 5-Year-Old Continues

It’s possible but seems unlikely an innocent, but unrelated to this case, man and child would not have come forward by now. Unless it’s someone who wants to avoid police for other reasons?
That could be just one example of the fallout that ICE involvement has caused. Directly or not. Mere speculation on my part.

Reporting they had no new developments to report as of Monday morning, Bridgeton Police and Cumberland County’s Prosecutor’s Office asked anyone who took cell phone photos or videos in the park’s recreational area between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. the day Dulce vanished to share them with the FBI at fbi.gov/alavez.

Alavez Perez said she stayed in the car with her little sister to talk about homework while Dulce and her brother went to the playground 30 yards away.

A short time later, the boy returned crying and pointing to some buildings near the playground, Alavez Perez has said.

She went to look for Dulce but found no trace of her. Police were then called in.
Mystery deepens as search for Dulce Maria Alavez, missing N.J. 5-year-old, extends into 2nd week

Police obtained surveillance video from a nearby gas station of Alavez inside a convenience store with her siblings about 20 minutes before her disappearance.

"We don't have any solid suspects," Gaimari said earlier in the week. "We have video surveillance that we've gathered from all of this area."

That’s absolutely possible, if not likely.

I thought my post over, and came to the same conclusion.

I came to that conclusion as a local. Our local cops are fine, but stellar investigative work is asking a lot in Cumberland Co., IMOO. If there's a textbook on investigating, theirs is probably pretty dusty. They need FBI. I can tell by Webb-McRae's demeanor that she would love a real lead. When she's putting a gang member in jail on a gun charge, for example, she is much more in control of press conferences.

I came to that conclusion as a local. Our local cops are fine, but stellar investigative work is asking a lot in Cumberland Co., IMOO. If there's a textbook on investigating, theirs is probably pretty dusty. They need FBI. I can tell by Webb-McRae's demeanor that she would love a real lead. When she's putting a gang member in jail on a gun charge, for example, she is much more in control of press conferences.

I believe on Wednesday they stated on my local news that the FBI is involved. They were at her moms house questioning them.

Authorities searching for a 5-year-old girl believed to have been kidnapped from a southern New Jersey park last week are asking anyone who visited the site that day to share photos or videos they took in the area.

The mother told police her son soon ran back to the car crying and pointed to the area where he last saw his sister. They looked but could not locate her.
Park photos, videos sought in search for missing girl

Police have continued to pull over any red vans they see in the area, as one lead police has been that a man led Alavez from the playground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows.

"At this point in the investigation, we continue to consider all possibilities. We remain hopeful that we're going to find Dulce alive," Webb-McRae said, adding that authorities are seeking to speak with the little girl's father.

Dulce's father is believed to be in Mexico, police initially said, but his exact location remains unknown and authorities have not said in recent days if he has been in contact.

"I'm not sure there's ever been so many police officers in Bridgeton," Deacon Arnaldo Santos of Holy Cross Parish said Monday.

"We're giving moral support and prayer, having vigils and praying the rosary," Santos said. "They know the doors of the church are open to them."

The boyfriend, a 27-year-old Mexican citizen, "is part of an ongoing investigation by local, state and federal law enforcement partners and ICE cannot comment further," ICE spokesman Adrian Smith said in a statement last week, refusing to confirm whether the investigation into the boyfriend involves Alavez's disappearance.

It has been a week and LE has not been able to located Dulce's father. So is it possible he is not attending college in Mexico?

I keep checking for any updates. Nothing. This is a nightmare....I feel so bad for the mom and family.

Wondering why LE haven't been able to reach the dad . If he's studying at a university in Sinaloa, seems unusual they can't reach him. Not that I believe he had anything to do with this, but it seems odd he can't be found.
Also, I read that mom stated he was studying in order to be able to support the child, but at the same time I read that he is estranged from the family" . ?

eta, just saw the post above mine....yes I'm questioning that too.

Police obtained surveillance video from a nearby gas station of Alavez inside a convenience store with her siblings about 20 minutes before her disappearance.

"We don't have any solid suspects," Gaimari said earlier in the week. "We have video surveillance that we've gathered from all of this area."

I am getting an impression that none of the surveillance, so far, has clarified that they have a better understanding of the vehicle/perpetrators involved. And a week later they are requesting photos/videos from anyone at the park. Sigh.

Each child had an ice cream in hand as they ran toward the playground, Alavez Pérez said.

About 10 minutes later, the mother saw the 3-year-old boy upset and crying, his ice cream on the ground and his sister nowhere to be found. The boy pointed behind some buildings saying his sister went that way, Alavez Pérez said.

The mother called family members and they began to search the park and playground area. Afraid that someone had taken her daughter, Alavez Pérez called police around 4:50 p.m. Officers immediately began to search for the girl.
Reward Climbs to $35K as Search for 5-Year-Old Continues
Ok, I am not so sure why I didn't think of this before, but perhaps one of you fine folks did?

Is there any way that Dulce and her little brother got into a little sibling spat, perhaps SHE knocked out his ice cream out of his hand, and she took off running, just like siblings do after a fight, where she unfortunately ran into this guy? Perhaps that guy saw what happened, befriended her for a few seconds saying something like "I'll help you hide so you don't get into trouble" or something to that affect, and being a little trusting kid, she went with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova