AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"While Alavez Perez spoke with her sister about the little girl’s homework in the parking lot, Dulce and Manuel ran toward the swings on the playground about 30 yards away. They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said.

Compiling information from witness accounts, police said in a statement: “Detectives believe Dulce was taken by a light-skinned Hispanic male, 5′6” to 5′8″, thin build, no facial hair and facial acne, wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt.

“The suspect was last seen leading Dulce from the Bridgeton City Park playground to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows at approximately 4:20 p.m. Monday."​

September 19, 2019
Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

"leading her" ... so why wasn't she crying or screaming?

Yeah, I'm assuming he hasn't worn them since that day. They are probably stashed in the back of a closet or something.
But somebody has to know, or at least suspect something.
Unless he lives alone, is quiet, and keeps to himself, like so many other perpetrators. Imo

With a population of 25,000, 51% Hispanic, someone knows the pock-marked 5'6" man who drives a red minivan with tinted windows. Someone knows the man who owns orange nike sneakers, wears red pants and drives a red minivan. Even if he lives alone, his mother knows.

Hi to you all and locals to Bridgeton NJ. Just adding my 2 cents here to the discussion. Just hope I'm not rambling on.

Our family owns a home on the bay about 20 minutes from Bridgeton, NJ. I was in Bridgeton last week from Saturday through Tuesday 9/17 at our home. Just a few things that I felt were "different" that weekend I wanted to throw out there. I've been going to the bay area with my family for about 20 years and had felt a few things seemed different than usual. Someone mentioned to check the Bridgeton Walmart cameras from Sunday (awesome idea!). I was actually there shopping on Sunday and it was extremely crowded....so much so that I was thinking there must be a festival or something going on. I had never seen it so crowded! There has to be a lot of camera footage. After leaving, we drove back to the bay and passed by one of the agricultural fields. Across the street are shacks where the field workers stay short term. Anyways, you normally only see 2-3 men standing outside. There are only three shacks that house about 2 men. On Sunday, there had to have been at least two dozen men standing outside. That was the first time in 20 years I've seen that many men and thought it was highly unusual.

I'm just bringing this up, because it seemed the town was over crowded that weekend so maybe the perp was someone visiting?

Also, the signs for the zoo/playground area can clearly been seen from the road that runs through Bridgeton so it could have been an out of towner who noticed the sign while casing the area.

Thanks for reading.
Hello and thank you for your astute commentary. You made me curious about possible festivals, etc . Given the proximity of Bridgeton-Vineland-Millville area along with all the smaller towns, there were some events going on that weekend that could have been a draw.

1. Cumberland County Fairgrounds was hosting a Swap Meet/ Car Show Saturday Sept 14 from 8:30am to 2pm (Rain date was Sunday)

2. Hispanic Heritage Photo Exhibit in Vineland - runs Sept 11 - 30

3. Millville MotorSports Park held F2000 NJ Championships Race

Just FYI

Spanish is her first language. She is fluent in English but I’m going to say she doesn’t used all words correctly. My husband is Central American and is fluent in English but only spoke Spanish until he was 5. There are things he says in English that I usually don’t hear because of how he learned to translate it in his head. When we go somewhere in the car he will ask me “are you getting down from the car.” I always tell him it’s “out of the car.”

I wouldn’t read too much into it.
I’m from South Louisiana and we say “get down from the car”. Our area is primarily Cajun-French where many of us speak or understand French.

"leading her" ... so why wasn't she crying or screaming?
LE believe she was lured away, which might indicate that he didn't do anything to alarm her.

Predators say all kinds of things to get a child to come with them if they know what they are doing.

If it were someone she knew or had met before, it probably would have been easy. Imo

Maybe he told her that if she made a fuss he would knock her ice cream to the ground too.

I don't know. When I was 5, I wold not have left my family without screaming. Maybe some children are more docile. I originally thought that maybe he covered her mouth and just scooped her up, but the "leading" and putting her in the back of the van makes it sound as if she willingly left with this person.

24 people and not one saw his hair color but some saw his acne??? Did he even have hair? His face must have been in bad shape if people noticed that but none could say his hair color. 24 people and none could be bothered to give this info the first time they were asked?? Really!?? Again, that none of this info came out right when it happened doesn’t lend itself to credibility.
he's a hispanic male so let's just take a guess and say that his hair was dark brown. (true, he could have dyed it or had high lights or something, but it seems not)

I don't know. When I was 5, I wold not have left my family without screaming. Maybe some children are more docile. I originally thought that maybe he covered her mouth and just scooped her up, but the "leading" and putting her in the back of the van makes it sound as if she willingly left with this person.
Perhaps she thought he was an authority figure or he was someone that she was familiar with at school, church, community perhaps....

I agree that it can happen really quickly and in the blink of an eye... Slightly OT but we had a case in a Supermarket chain store whereby a mum was food and grocery shopping with her children. As she did so, the children were playing in the food isles
Where she shopped, and she noticed one of her girls was no longer in the isle. Fortunately, before she even went looking around for her daughter, she sent the older daughter, a teenager, to immediately run and tell security , whilst she, mum, searched the food isles.
This Supermarket chains policy was ‘immediate lockdown ‘ and all exits/entrances were closed automatically and locked.
In these few short minutes, her daughter was thankfully located, however, she was in the restrooms in the company of two Eastern European women and they had already undressed her in no time and put her in boys clothes and hacked off her long hair to short and put a hat on her!!!
Unbelievable how quickly it all happened because if the ‘lockdown ‘ hadn’t occurred so quickly and immediately, the little girl would have been walked out of the store with the women and nobody would have given a second glance !

Ohhhhh, My Goodness!!!

Unbelievable!

So glad this Mum got her daughter back.

Gives me the shivers.

Yes, anyone there would be looked at as a potential suspect. As far as I know, they still have not interviewed all that were there. Several left once police arrived on the scene. Apparently they have them on video and just have to track them down. Imo
We posted the same thoughts at the same time. Sometimes it happens, hmm?
Great minds must think alike. Jynx?

Hello and thank you for your astute commentary. You made me curious about possible festivals, etc . Given the proximity of Bridgeton-Vineland-Millville area along with all the smaller towns, there were some events going on that weekend that could have been a draw.

1. Cumberland County Fairgrounds was hosting a Swap Meet/ Car Show Saturday Sept 14 from 8:30am to 2pm (Rain date was Sunday)

2. Hispanic Heritage Photo Exhibit in Vineland - runs Sept 11 - 30

3. Millville MotorSports Park held F2000 NJ Championships Race

Just FYI

not a farmer, but it is harvest time for something - corn, pumpkins, ? need to turn over fields for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member