AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone has a bit of time, try doing some Google searches on "attempted abductions-NJ", "attempted child abductions-NJ" and variations of these and see how many were recent and involved children. It will be interesting to see if there is any theme to the actors looks and vehicles.

I hear you
It amazes me when I read about children as young as five walking to school or to catch a school bus without parents or supervision and I stand corrected but I still even now see this on threads or news articles frequently in the USA
It may be just certain areas but personally I couldn’t do that ( I'm in the UK).
I have 12 year old twins and it’s only recently that I have allowed them to walk to school alone.

Some parents have no choice. I'm not saying in this particular case necessarily. But some parents have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet. Kudos to you that you can decide that your 12 year-olds are now able to safely walk to school together. But other parents don't always have that luxury. It's not an issue of love either. Most love their children immensely. It's an issue of means and putting food on the table and keeping the lights on.

Thinking and hoping that something huge is in the works, they must have found a bone to chew on, if it turns out to be no good, they will reach out to the media again!
imo, speculation.

Long-shot, but maybe possible police have a suspect in mind and believe Dulce is alive but is afraid of spooking him with media attention in case he panics

BRIDGETON — Almost two weeks since 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez went missing from City Park, law enforcement officials are still investigating her disappearance.

In a Facebook post Friday, Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said that the State Police, FBI, as well as city police and the Prosecutor’s Office are still actively investigating Dulce’s disappearance.

Search continues for missing Bridgeton girl, 5

If someone has a bit of time, try doing some Google searches on "attempted abductions-NJ", "attempted child abductions-NJ" and variations of these and see how many were recent and involved children. It will be interesting to see if there is any theme to the actors looks and vehicles.
This one happened on Tuesday.
While the 13-year-old boy was walking home from school Tuesday afternoon, a man in a dark-colored sedan pulled up and attempted to start a conversation with the boy about the New York Yankees, according to police.

https://pix11.com/2019/09/27/man-tries-to-lure-13-year-old-nj-boy-as-he-walks-home-from-school-police/

Here are a few I quickly pulled:
Attempted Abduction Of 3-Year-Old Reported In Bridgewater

Boy, 9, Grabbed By Man At Spray Park In Union County: Police

Man Tries to Lure Girl in Hamilton Township, Police Say

I can't handle looking at child trafficking stats, but abduction of young children in the US for trafficking is incredibly rare - rarer than stranger abduction. Third world countries is a different story. Child trafficking in the US is usually runaways and otherwise at risk youth, but generally 12 and over, but sometimes as young as 10. If Dulce had other risk factors, there could be a higher chance of this occurring, but it is incredibly unlikely.

Chilling. I am starting to think child trafficking.

I can't handle looking at child trafficking stats, but abduction of young children in the US for trafficking is incredibly rare - rarer than stranger abduction. Third world countries is a different story. Child trafficking in the US is usually runaways and otherwise at risk youth, but generally 12 and over, but sometimes as young as 10. If Dulce had other risk factors, there could be a higher chance of this occurring, but it is incredibly unlikely.
Yes. Kids aren’t snatched from parks and forced into sex trafficking; that’s not how it works.

Even if that did happen in this country, everyone is looking for this girl right now, and she’d be a liability for someone like that.

This reminds me of that lady who made that viral post about sex traffickers trying to kidnap her kids in IKEA.

She got skewered for that.

Issuing a mea culpa here !!

I had removed various posts that have been making reference to a SO in the Bridgeton area. I am reinstating them because I was wrong.

The Rules on Sex Offenders fall into a somewhat grey, fuzzy area, but generally if a sex offender has obvious ties to the area, it is okay to post about them within reason.

Please review those rules and if any questions, please let us know through private messaging and we will try to clarify.

My apologies for any confusion.

Sillybilly

A Woodstock man was arrested Friday after he tried to lure a child near a lemonade stand into his vehicle, police said.

After John Emerson, 31, tried to lure a child into his vehicle, the child ran away and alerted an adult, Waitrovich said.

Emerson fled and was involved in a hit-and-run crash in Crystal Lake before being stopped in Woodstock, Waitrovich said.

Emerson was charged with child abduction, luring a child and resisting arrest, according to Waitrovich and online jail records. He said there were multiple children at the lemonade stand, but it appeared there only was one child Emerson tried to kidnap.

It was not clear why Emerson was in Fox River Grove, Waitrovich said.

https://www.nwherald.com/2019/06/08/woodstock-man-arrested-after-trying-to-lure-child-into-vehicle-in-fox-river-grove-police-say/amjzz62/

Quick check in the Philly area. Second paragraph.

"The 14-year-old had left St. Dorothy and was outside of his house when he said a man drove up in a dark van with white stripes.

"He stops the van. Says to the kid 'What's up? Hop in,'" said Chitwood. "And the kid got scared. But then his father was there. So the father walked up to see what was going on and the van took off."

Police said the driver fled on Burmont Road. The teen's father notified police.

That suspect is believed to be a middle-aged Hispanic man who was wearing aviator sunglasses."

Police: Children walking home from Upper Darby schools confronted by men in cars

I’ve followed quite a few missing persons and suspected kidnapping cases on here.

Invariably, people find kidnapping attempts and other suspicious events within a fairly close geographical proximity.

These things happen all the time. Some are genuine, some are misunderstandings, and others fall somewhere in between.

Almost always, these events are unconnected to the crime that we are following.

A failed kidnapping attempt before a crime like this, is more likely to be related than a failed kidnapping shortly afterwards.

Assuming this is a genuine kidnapping, the person who did it is usually just trying to get away with it. He’s not going to put himself in jeopardy by going out and doing it again.

Especially when everyone is on guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member