AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. And it was a good point you brought up.

But to me, her comments here still speak to the fact she feels there are people who could have problems with her. Why mention other people having problems with her/her family? If she’d just said she felt like she was being punished for being rebellious, doing drugs, having a baby so young, etc then I’d be more inclined to believe it was soley the “Catholic guilt”. But she specifically mentioned other people. Her concern about these others could be completely unfounded. But I think her comments warrant LE exhausting every possible connection to people in her past/present. Which I’m sure they’re doing.

MOO.
I think I just read an article which said the family is Pentacostal. At least that's the church it was said she is spending much of her time in.

And yes, I'm sure she feels people have a problem with her. She was open about her past and now people are judging her. She was criticised and harassed in public for eating a slice of pizza someone had given to her after not eating for 36 hours.

IMO

I'm wondering if talking about people she has problems with is just a habit? I have a troubled niece around her age, who has made strides in getting her life together, but there is frequently a "problem" with " someone".

It can be almost an excuse, explanation? Like you're under so much stress that instead of thinking logically, a situation must be related to the people you have beef with?

Just a thought. She's pretty young, and while imo anything is still on the table here, I can see her being so undone that she's grasping.

I don't think it has every been perfectly safe to leave a 3 and 5 year old child out of sight at a playground. Parents hope that it is safe, but most know that they need to keep an eye on young children to ensure that they are safe while using the equipment.

we were saying the same thing, otto. It was safe until it wasn't. Nothing is perfectly safe, but if this has been their routine in the past? It was safe until it no longer was.

we can place quotes around "safe" for context.

We don't know whose car Mom was driving but it appeared to be a newish model grey car with what appeared to be temp plates. View attachment 207119

@otto, I am a map fail. Her car is parked next to a baseball field dugout- as seen in this pic, and mentioned in one of the news vids. Is this where you have it on your map??

This playground is down behind the high school and it occurred on a school day, a Monday.
I wonder how many high school students cut down past the playground and the basketball courts and cut through the wooded part of the park and cross into the residential area where she lived on their way home from school.
I wonder if LE has looked at the male high school students as school is let out to see if any walk that way and match the description.

I still think she was taken through the woods down to Jeddy's Pond.

@otto, I am a map fail. Her car is parked next to a baseball field dugout- as seen in this pic, and mentioned in one of the news vids. Is this where you have it on your map??

These are the locations of the school, ice cream shop, and playground. Dulce went home from school before going for ice cream.

upload_2019-10-1_10-41-51.png

This is the location of the car, the swings, and the direction indicated by the 3 year old regarding Dulce. The car is 170 ft from the playground (approx 50+ yards).

upload_2019-10-1_10-42-34.png

This shows the nearby parking lots where a suspect could have parked

upload_2019-10-1_10-43-11.png

I still think she was taken through the woods down to Jeddy's Pond.

Or worse, the Cohansey River. Hopefully water rescue is checking downstream as well as any trap points, eddy's, docks, etc. Also hope they have at least one cadaver dog on board.

Not what I want to post, but I tend to cast a wider net after a couple of weeks.

Well. In minority cultures. (I'm personally black american) We take up for ours.
For example when that man killed his baby over a video game and his mom & cousin helped concoct that elaborate car jacking scenario. You just never know.

This is something that I just can't understand.

It's one thing to defend someone close to you if they are right about something and are being talked negatively. Or trying to protect someone who has been harmed.

But to cover for them because they got angry over a video game or whatever horrible reason, after killing a child? Oh hell no. I don't care if it's one of my own children, and I love them dearly, but if they ever harmed a hair on the head of any future grandchildren I may be blessed with, no way would I cover for them. Or a niece or nephew, a friend, etc.

This mentality I do not understand at all. We're not talking about covering for your friend when their parents call looking for them at your house and they're at their boyfriend's house instead.

I know this mentality exists, but I'll never understand it.

These are the locations of the school, ice cream shop, and playground. Dulce went home from school before going for ice cream.

View attachment 207153

I see in town "Rutgers State University". Rutgers has a campus in Bridgeton?

Their school colors are black and red.

I wonder if there is any security video at the Trolley Barn Ice Cream and Water Ice. Crossing the bridge on Washington would take you right by that. Checking the video might show Dulce and an abductor walking in that direction, or possibly a vehicle matching the description. If Dulce was having a meltdown from the abduction, not wanting to draw attention, an abductor might get her a treat to elicit compliance. Secondary, if that is where the water ice the kids were eating came from, it would nail down the time line a bit more.

I can't come up with a motive to support the idea of a planned out abduction without stretching my common sense.
I can, however, see a teen walking home from school, down toward the playground, intending to cut through the buildings and going down along side the Cohansey River and cross over and going home.
I think he has seen kids on the playgound, he may even have seen her mom sitting on a bench watching them but this day he simply saw her and snatched her. He continued behind the building, through the woods by the pond, he killed her and continued on his way home.
DMA may even have seen him walk by on other occasions.

This is something that I just can't understand.

It's one thing to defend someone close to you if they are right about something and are being talked negatively. Or trying to protect someone who has been harmed.

But to cover for them because they got angry over a video game or whatever horrible reason, after killing a child? Oh hell no. I don't care if it's one of my own children, and I love them dearly, but if they ever harmed a hair on the head of any future grandchildren I may be blessed with, no way would I cover for them. Or a niece or nephew, a friend, etc.

This mentality I do not understand at all. We're not talking about covering for your friend when their parents call looking for them at your house and they're at their boyfriend's house instead.

I know this mentality exists, but I'll never understand it.

It's really rare not to protect the children. Grandma was probably a child abuser herself and that's why she helped him cover it up.

Yes minorities as a whole have the no snitching rule and we take it very seriously. But I've never seen it used when it comes to children. Or for innocent women too.

Even rapper T.I. came out telling the community to come forward when Avianna Webster went missing in the area. Posted on IG stating that it's not being a rat if you call the cops because this is about a child.

@otto- isn't the white thing at the top of pic 2 the dugout? not sure what that big building is you have her parked next to...

I don't know anything about the buildings. I know where she was parked (per video that was released a week ago), and where the swings are in relation to where the mother was parked. This photo was posted upthread, clearly taken before the playground construction project. The arrow indicates where the 3 year old pointed (red/white buildings).

upload_2019-10-1_11-14-2.png

View attachment 207153

This is the location of the car, the swings, and the direction indicated by the 3 year old regarding Dulce. The car is 170 ft from the playground (approx 50+ yards).

View attachment 207154

This shows the nearby parking lots where a suspect could have parked

View attachment 207155

This map just made me think that someone either knew mom was in the car in the parking lot, or someone intentionally parked along that back road there in order to make watching kids easier. I won't go so far as to say this was planned (who knows?), but clearly, someone was aware that mom was likely in the car at the other side from the direction they took Dulce. I can't help but feel like someone was parked there, waiting, just to watch the kids then this opportunity presented itself - two small kids, one only 3yrs old... this poor kid was easy pickings for someone. :(

I've read her ice cream and spoon haven't been found either, so that implies (to me anyhow) that she went with someone probably willingly enough. Led away, lured away with the promise of who knows what!

I feel for her little brother! I can't imagine how he's going to feel as he grows up, knowing he was right there beside her when she was taken (whether or not she comes home).

Is it faulty reasoning to assume the FBI likely HAS pulled all possible videos from nearby businesses, schools, etc? It seems as though they would have done so, if they were asking for images from the park?

My experience has been that the FBI acts as a consultant to local LE. They can take a more active role depending on the nature of the case and if they are invited by an individual(s) of authority. I am not aware at what role and level of authority they are currently engaged. They do have deep pockets and a wealth of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member