AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time stamp at convenience store 1601.
Then park
Then call to brother - brother in transit from? ... followed by quick search
Phone call initiates at 1648

Still working on a lot of thoughts but...

85! Degrees. Children of their ages have a hard time multitasking. Playing with ice cream would be hard. At that temperature I’d think that they would have ate rather quickly. With his on the ground, whatever happened, must have been closer to arrival..

Could either of the men mentioned on the 911 call have come forward immediately after they found out she was missing to clear their name — offer a witness statement? Maybe that’s why they weren’t mentioned or was that kept close for a reason.

Three men now. One African American, one Mexican and one possibly Hispanic with acne. Maybe le wants to hear from either of the first two and want them to have a false sense of security because they don’t match the third so they would come forward. Maybe le is watching one of the first two and knows they will spook now knowing that they’ve been identified as being there.

Running. Seemingly not feeling threatened or witnesses probably would have looked closer. Hide and seek, replacement of popsicle, other reason...

Was call released because they are loosing interest From the public outside the area and needed something to get people talking again.
They released the call due to a FOIA request by one of the local media stations. They don’t have any statutes that prohibit the release pending an investigation as happens in other states so LE had no choice but to release it.

From the NBC10 Video that was already captioned/transcribed:
LISTEN: 911 Call of Mom of Dulce María Alavez Pleading for Help After Daughter's Disappearance

911 what is your emergency?

Um, I can't find my daughter.
Okay, when was the last time you've seen her?
We were here at the park down at, *is a place/something missing here??* and people say that somebody probably somebody took her.
Okay, how old is she?
She's five years old.
Okay, and what park are you at?
Here at Bridgeton Park.
Okay, where at in the Bridgeton Park are you?
Um, the one where the basketball court where the high school is.
Okay, so you're at the basketball court behind the high school?
Yes.
Okay, and what was she seen last wearing?
She was wearing um, um, give me a second (inaudible) I don't remember what clothes she was wearing. But she was wearing, I just remember her pants. She was wearing like a flowery pants. And some heels. Some white heels.
Okay, and your name?
*Redacted?*
Okay. Alright ma'am, stay on the line, I'm going to transfer you over to police, okay. And you said she was five, correct?
Yes.
Alright.

(Click, quick dial tone, ringing)
(Someone with a transfer that's gonna be at the...behind the high school. By the basketball courts. I have.....lost her child. She's a five year old female and she was last seen wearing flowery pants and white heels. She's on the line.)

Okay, hello ma'am
Hello
Hi. Did you see which direction your child went?
No, um, we were in the car, she came down with my son, they were running to the park, and then me and my sister, we came down, but when we got here at the park she wasn't here. They say that my son was just crying with his ice cream. They say that somebody threw his ice cream on the floor and my daughter just ran away.
Alright, you didn't see anyone else around there that she could possibly have went with?
No, not, not that I know of. Cause we just don't know. There's just some other people that...they are here that saw her running, running through um, some houses in the back. And they said...that they saw two, they saw two men. They saw a black guy and they saw a Mexican man with two kids.
So who's saying, who's saying that, who's saying that saw them?
There's people here in the basketball courts, that they saw her. They say that they saw her running.
(They're saying that there's people there at the basketball court, that they saw her running through some houses with two black males. She's light-skinned Spanish)

*We're obviously missing the part where mom relayed that light-skinned info or the woman on the other line taking the information made an assumption???? What else are we missing?*

What color top did she have on?
Um, I don't remember.
(Officer in background: He said that the caller is now at the basketball court?)
Are you at the basketball court?
Yes, I'm right here right now.
(She's....that's affirmed. She says that she's at the basketball court.)
And do you have your son with you or is your son...

No, I have my son with me. They say he was crying when we found him; he was just standing there crying.
He was standing there crying.... So who... You said that the black males took his ice cream?
No, they threw it on the floor.
So the two males took his ice cream and threw it on the floor and then they left with your daughter?
Probably, cause I didn't saw it. When we came in and look for her, we were looking everywhere for her and we couldn't find her.
(She said that her son was at the basketball court with her daughter, that there was two black males that took her son's ice cream and threw it on the ground and left with her daughter.) Okay, well we have the officer...
(Officer in background: is she at the basketball courts on Mayor Aitken?)
Are you on Mayor Aitken?
Um, I already have an officer here.

Last edited:
Time stamp at convenience store 1601.
Then park
Then call to brother - brother in transit from? ... followed by quick search
Phone call initiates at 1648

Still working on a lot of thoughts but...

85! Degrees. Children of their ages have a hard time multitasking. Playing with ice cream would be hard. At that temperature I’d think that they would have ate rather quickly. With his on the ground, whatever happened, must have been closer to arrival..

Could either of the men mentioned on the 911 call have come forward immediately after they found out she was missing to clear their name — offer a witness statement? Maybe that’s why they weren’t mentioned or was that kept close for a reason.

Three men now. One African American, one Mexican and one possibly Hispanic with acne. Maybe le wants to hear from either of the first two and want them to have a false sense of security because they don’t match the third so they would come forward. Maybe le is watching one of the first two and knows they will spook now knowing that they’ve been identified as being there.

Running. Seemingly not feeling threatened or witnesses probably would have looked closer. Hide and seek, replacement of popsicle, other reason...

Was call released because they are loosing interest From the public outside the area and needed something to get people talking again.
Well, Mexican and Hispanic could be the same person, so not necessarily three men.
Doubt they came forward. I am not even sure they would know they were mentioned in the call as call wasn't released until now. Assuming of course they had nothing to do with kidnapping. And if they were involved in kidnapping, obviously they haven't come forward.

They released the call due to a FOIA request by one of the local media stations. They don’t have any statutes that prohibit the release pending an investigation as happens in other states so LE had no choice but to release it.
Yes, 911 calls are public information. So there is no LE strategy behind releasing the call.

If you actually read through all this articles, he didn't decided recently that Ducle was his child, he decided when she was a month old, per Dulce's mother. I have no clue what led him to think Ducle was his child, because going by looks, especially on a month old, it's not exactly a good idea.
Apparently, he also mentioned wanting custody several years ago, but didn't do anything about it.

I read only one article related to the father wanting custody and, iirc, it was a recent decision - doesn't mean he hasn't mused about custody in the past.

The situation with the father is strange. He has family in Bridgeton, he has a 5 year old daughter in Bridgeton, he wants custody, he lives in Sinaloa (sp?) and he says nothing when she is abducted from a playground in the states. That's odd.

I'm guessing that his parents are from Mexico, he can study in Mexico without any special costs, and it would be an insurmountable task to obtain custody of his daughter who lives in the states even though the mother of his child is apparently unfit to raise her children (her personal difficulties resulted in her parents raising her children and she live elsewhere).

Does 5 days of avoiding investigators mean that he knows where she is? Maybe he had a personal reason for not wanting to face the press for 5 days - because with investigators comes a mass of press and privacy violators.

Nj has typical restrictions and could have stalled this citing it might interfere with an active ongoing investigation, no?

Last edited:
Well, Mexican and Hispanic could be the same person, so not necessarily three men.
Doubt they came forward. I am not even sure they would know they were mentioned in the call as call wasn't released until now. Assuming of course they had nothing to do with kidnapping. And if they were involved in kidnapping, obviously they haven't come forward.

She was seen running with them. So even if they were innocent, they knew she was in close proximity to them that day. They wouldn’t need to know they were mentioned. If you have a child running around you within minutes of them disappearing, most likely you’ll tell someone. And let’s assume, people are generally good and would offer that assistance.

If they were involved - they now know they were seen.

Sure. Mexican - Hispanic. But acne and two children are separate details that seemingly add to the idea they are not the same

It sounds like Duce is not in the custody of her mother or her grandparents. How does that change the goal posts?

She gave birth at age 14, and then they realized that she was too irresponsible to give birth?

"Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said."
Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

LE didn't seal the 911 call (or have it sealed rather?)
So, guess they think the info is unimportant or at least doesn't hinder their ongoing investigation in any way?

We are talking about kidnapping an American citizen, a child no less, may have been taken from within the country and possibly transported to Mexico. And there was probably money involved.

JMO IMHO MOO

Last edited:
But how would the mother have the time to do this? There is video of Dulce getting ice cream just minutes before!

Sometime between 4 and 4:20, Dulce disappeared. This is the school - home (not included) - ice cream - playground locations.

upload_2019-10-3_21-3-4.png

This is where the mother was parked when her daughter vanished from the playground

upload_2019-10-3_21-7-48.png

It has been reported that Dulce vanished 3 and 10 minutes from the time that she arrived.

She was seen running with them. So even if they were innocent, they knew she was in close proximity to them that day. They wouldn’t need to know they were mentioned. If you have a child running around you within minutes of them disappearing, most likely you’ll tell someone. And let’s assume, people are generally good and would offer that assistance.

If they were involved - they now know they were seen.

Sure. Mexican - Hispanic. But acne and two children are separate details that seemingly add to the idea they are not the same
She wasn't seen running with them. Read the transcript of 911 call. Dispatcher is the one who came up with that idea, but I have no clue where she got that from.

Last edited:
It sounds like Duce is not in the custody of her mother or her grandparents. How does that change the goal posts?

She gave birth at age 14, and then they realized that she was too irresponsible to give birth?

"Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said."
Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior
There are numerous other articles that claim grandparents have official custody, not the mother.

Sometime between 4 and 4:20, Dulce disappeared. This is the school - home (not included) - ice cream - playground locations.

View attachment 207606

This is where the mother was parked when her daughter vanished from the playground

View attachment 207607

It has been reported that Dulce vanished 3 and 10 minutes from the time that she arrived.
The second picture is a wonderful capture. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Everything is laid out beautifully.

View attachment 207606

View attachment 207607

I couldn’t find the bell schedule for her school. I’m assuming her aunt attends the same school as they live together. Often times kinder releases at a different time than upper grades. Most times it’s staggered, kinder - then maybe 1-3 - then 4-6? Depends on size of school and district so I’m leaping here... Have you seen release times for kinder and then maybe the 1-3 schedule to assuming 8 yo was in one of those grades?

We are talking about kidnapping an American citizen, a child no less, may have been taken from within the country and possibly transported to Mexico. And there was probably money involved.

JMO IMHO MOO

She was in New Jersey, the Mexican border is how many hours away? By the time the disappearance was reported, along with a Mexican father, wouldn't there be an alert about her disappearance at the border?

Actually, now that we know that the 911 officer was making stuff up about black guys, I guess it is possible that no one bothered to notify the border about the missing 5 year old - but it's a long trip. Wouldn't someone in the vicinity of the father notice an extra child?

Maybe the reward needs to include thousands of dollars and guaranteed USA citizenship to get information?

I couldn’t find the bell schedule for her school. I’m assuming her aunt attends the same school as they live together. Often times kinder releases at a different time than upper grades. Most times it’s staggered, kinder - then maybe 1-3 - then 4-6? Depends on size of school and district so I’m leaping here... Have you seen release times for kinder and then maybe the 1-3 schedule to assuming 8 yo was in one of those grades?
But the school only started a week prior. So if the timing of them going to the park depended on school, it would have only been for a week.

But the school only started a week prior. So if the timing of them going to the park depended on school, it would have only been for a week.

That’s fine. I’m looking at the 16th. Not looking for a historical compilation of their time spent there. They wear uniforms. Went home to change. I wont identify their address, but I’d like to know how much time from both girls dismissal bells to the mothers suggestion to go to the park that afternoon.

There are numerous other articles that claim grandparents have official custody, not the mother.

In a normal situation, when there are two parents and one is unfit, the other parent has first dibs on the children, not the grandparents. In this case, it seems that the mother had personal issues that resulted in the grandparents taking custody of all children and she lived elsewhere.

If the father was not a party to previous proceedings, then maybe he has a parenting claim - except maybe the law is not the same when the father is Mexican? Would there be a ruling that the father can have custody but he must live near the mother and grandparents - what if he doesn't he have dual citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03