AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post this OPEd piece that I just saw in the 'Cupcake' Mckinney case - she is a 3 yo that seemed to simply vanish just like Dulce. This piece applies to Dulce IMO and the case just needs "ONE PERSON" that knows something to have the courage to come forward.

Johnson: To the ‘someone’ who knows of Cupcake’s whereabouts

Updated 9:19 AM; Today 7:21 AM

By Roy S. Johnson | rjohnson@al.com
This is an opinion column. [BBM]

It’s easy to turn away when it’s not your child.

Easy to say the searing pain is someone else’s.

Easy to post a praying hands emoji on your social media page, pin a purple ribbon to your chest, then dive back into your regularly scheduled life.

That’s a lie. It’s excruciating.

Obviously so if you’re a parent. Even if you’re not.

If you’re just an auntie or uncle or ma-maw or papa or cuz or a sibling. If you’re anyone who’s survived a sugar-fueled birthday party jam-crammed with high-pitched screams of giddy children.

If you cannot fathom one of them being snatched in the midst of the joy. Snatched from the safety of a world they know and taken.

To God knows where.

Three-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney is somewhere. And someone knows where.

Someone knows if she’s hungry. Someone knows if she’s shivering in the pink, Minnie Mouse/leopard T-shirt and shorts she was wearing Saturday night when a man stepped out of a black SUV and lifted her from a parking lot in Tom Brown Village in Avondale. Grabbed her as she played with friends.

At a birthday party.

Someone knows if her blue, white and yellow bows in her hair are still in place. Or if she’s still barefoot because her shoes were left behind in the parking lot.

Someone knows. “Someone on the sideline,” is how Birmingham police chief Patrick Smith described them at a Tuesday afternoon briefing.

Someone who’s not saying. Sadly. Infuriatingly.

Kamille McKinney: What we know now

The abduction happened about 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Tom Brown Village public housing community off of Messer-Airport Highway.

Six-thousand dollars has thus far been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted Cupcake—$5,000 by Gov. Kay Ivey’s office, $1,000 by an anonymous citizen.

That’s not enough, at least not yet. Not enough for someone to say what they know.

Crimestoppers, the anonymous, non-profit tip-line that offers awards up to $5,000 for tips leading to arrests or charges, lists the abduction as its Crime of the Week.

It’s not enough, either. Not enough for someone to bring Cupcake home.

Or say where she may be.

Another citizen launched a campaign to aid Cupcake’s family with expenses “during this horrible time”. The gesture, however well-intended, was not taken well by all. After a tsunami of social media shaming, the organizer shut it down Tuesday and said donations—$2,610, more than double the $1,000 goal—would be refunded.

3-year-old abducted, search underway

The possible kidnapping happened about 8:30 p.m. Saturday in Tom Brown Village.

Amber alerts don’t always move us. They disrupt our regularly scheduled life then fade from view on our phone, television or laptop.

In the last few weeks and months, many other young Alabamians have been listed as missing after disappearing and triggering searches. Among them:

Someone knows them. Someone knows where they are.

Someone.

Wednesday evening, unless Cupcake is prayerfully home by then, will be the fourth straight night she has not slept in her own bed. Probably the only bed she knows.

It’s easy to turn away when it is not your neighbor’s child.

Easy when the deep, deep pain, and especially the fear, is someone else’s.

Easy to shake your head at the latest update and straighten the purple ribbon to your chest.

Easy, even, to say a prayer.

Because someone knows.

I sure do wish I knew this language.

This is the best I can do:

Grandma: It also hurts a lot because she is too small to be kidnapped or not. what intention do these people have

Guy: It is a pain that has paralyzed Norma since Dulce Maria disappeared on September 16th.

Grandma: At that time I stopped working and I don't feel like doing anything or going out on the street.

Guy: her daughter, the mom of Dulce Maria, has felt even worse and did not want to talk to telemundo news about the case. It is that nothing has changed. The only thing she knows is that the 5-year-old girl played with her little brother in this park and apparently a Hispanic man got her into his van. The police have not provided more information.

Grandma: We don't know anything, because the only thing they are saying is that she is in a red van. It is the only thing that they told us, not even the objective/target of anything.

Guy: authorities said today that the investigation continues and they continue to ask for the help of the public. they also insist that they not question the immigration status of the people who provide information on this case. the case has touched the hearts of the community that has joined in vigils and search brigades.

Random girl in blue: it’s sad, a girl has been lost in these terms and there is no news of it.

Guy: A mystery that has also alerted other mothers with young children.

Random girl: Keep them in a safe place, really be more aware of it because many things are happening today.

Guy: Both the mother and grandmother of Dulce Maria do not lose faith that their nightmare soon ends.

Grandma: In the night we wake up at 3, at 2. it takes us to the window, towards the one who brings us. but nothing.

Last edited:
I wanted to post this OPEd piece that I just saw in the 'Cupcake' Mckinney case - she is a 3 yo that seemed to simply vanish just like Dulce. This piece applies to Dulce IMO and the case just needs "ONE PERSON" that knows something to have the courage to come forward.

Updated 9:19 AM; Today 7:21 AM

By Roy S. Johnson | rjohnson@al.com
This is an opinion column. [BBM]

It’s easy to turn away when it’s not your child.

Easy to say the searing pain is someone else’s.

Easy to post a praying hands emoji on your social media page, pin a purple ribbon to your chest, then dive back into your regularly scheduled life.

Obviously so if you’re a parent. Even if you’re not.

If you’re just an auntie or uncle or ma-maw or papa or cuz or a sibling. If you’re anyone who’s survived a sugar-fueled birthday party jam-crammed with high-pitched screams of giddy children.

If you cannot fathom one of them being snatched in the midst of the joy. Snatched from the safety of a world they know and taken.

To God knows where.

Three-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney is somewhere. And someone knows where.

Someone knows if she’s hungry. Someone knows if she’s shivering in the pink, Minnie Mouse/leopard T-shirt and shorts she was wearing Saturday night when a man stepped out of a black SUV and lifted her from a parking lot in Tom Brown Village in Avondale. Grabbed her as she played with friends.

At a birthday party.

Someone knows if her blue, white and yellow bows in her hair are still in place. Or if she’s still barefoot because her shoes were left behind in the parking lot.

Someone knows. “Someone on the sideline,” is how Birmingham police chief Patrick Smith described them at a Tuesday afternoon briefing.

Someone who’s not saying. Sadly. Infuriatingly.

Kamille McKinney: What we know now

The abduction happened about 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Tom Brown Village public housing community off of Messer-Airport Highway.

Six-thousand dollars has thus far been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who abducted Cupcake—$5,000 by Gov. Kay Ivey’s office, $1,000 by an anonymous citizen.

That’s not enough, at least not yet. Not enough for someone to say what they know.

Crimestoppers, the anonymous, non-profit tip-line that offers awards up to $5,000 for tips leading to arrests or charges, lists the abduction as its Crime of the Week.

It’s not enough, either. Not enough for someone to bring Cupcake home.

Or say where she may be.

Another citizen launched a ******** campaign to aid Cupcake’s family with expenses “during this horrible time”. The gesture, however well-intended, was not taken well by all. After a tsunami of social media shaming, the organizer shut it down Tuesday and said donations—$2,610, more than double the $1,000 goal—would be refunded.

3-year-old abducted, search underway

The possible kidnapping happened about 8:30 p.m. Saturday in Tom Brown Village.

Amber alerts don’t always move us. They disrupt our regularly scheduled life then fade from view on our phone, television or laptop.

In the last few weeks and months, many other young Alabamians have been listed as missing after disappearing and triggering searches. Among them:

Someone knows them. Someone knows where they are.

Someone.

Wednesday evening, unless Cupcake is prayerfully home by then, will be the fourth straight night she has not slept in her own bed. Probably the only bed she knows.

It’s easy to turn away when it is not your neighbor’s child.

Easy when the deep, deep pain, and especially the fear, is someone else’s.

Easy to shake your head at the latest update and straighten the purple ribbon to your chest.

Easy, even, to say a prayer.

Because someone knows.
Hope so. Hope someone comes forward at least to ID this new person in the sketch.

Last edited:
I know, right? At first there was a rumor that the sheriff announced she had been found but they recanted. I wonder how much info journos actually confirm before they post something.
The sheriff did announce it - to the media station who was on the scene live-streaming the search event. I was watching as it happened. Not completely the journalists' fault this time.

i dont agree! i live here, check this out, 511nj.org go down to the maps part, it shows all cameras private or not i believe, this person was smart, they wouldn't go a way with heavy surveillance cameras via buildings, plenty of back ways and plenty of other routes to go besides bridges to sneak her out, even having her laying down and covered in the back if he had gone through cameras

I also think he actually took her on a canoe down the river a ways thats why there's no scent past the water, they haven't mentioned this publicly but in front of my house is a lake, on the other side of that lake they found an abandoned truck/van with Virginia tags and said it was from a person of interest, it was not red like they claimed, not a single camera back there, i think she was swapped out car wise there, ironically the lake back there and the river they searched are very close to each other but dont touch at one point, it would only have to be a walk across the st down the rd from where the dogs sniffed (MOO)

This is all helpful information. Thank you!

I hope the abandoned truck information is published soon. I'm not sure we can discuss that here if there's no media or official LE source.

Regarding your canoe theory, that could explain a lot. Offering Dulce a boat ride might have been a way to lure her and keep her from yelling or resisting being taken, and could also be why her little brother was in tears – he didn't get to go and his sister did. He may even have been told he was too young/little.

At this point I am still hoping Dulce is being kept safely somewhere, but I also wonder if she's anywhere within reach of US LE.

I think the Produce Fire needs called into the tip line. G
View attachment 209362
Authorities released the sketch after a witness claimed to have spotted the man in the park at the same time as the missing child.

The man in the sketch was reportedly seen with at least one child under the age of 5 when Dulce went missing.

The sketch shows the suspects as wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a white baseball cap and he is described as Hispanic.

He is believed to be between 30 and 35 years old, approximately 5 feet 7 inches with a slender build, officials say.

“We are asking this person (or anyone who may recognize him) to come forward as investigators wish to speak with him as it is believed that he may have information that is helpful in determining the circumstances that led to Dulce’s disappearance,” the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office said in a news release.
Sketch released of possible suspect connected to missing 5-year-old NJ girl

191015-dulce-suspect-sketch-al-1535_92a54b0ed5798b0675fc7f47c3be6355.fit-760w.jpg

Composite sketch of an individual who has been reported to have been seen in the park
Authorities release sketch of 'possible witness' in case of missing 5-year-old

They need to check the ice cream purchase store video for the sketch guy and a child.

This is the best I can do:

Grandma: It also hurts a lot because she is too small to be kidnapped or not. what intention do these people have

Guy: It is a pain that has paralyzed Norma since Dulce Maria disappeared on September 16th.

Grandma: At that time I stopped working and I don't feel like doing anything or going out on the street.

Guy: her daughter, the mom of Dulce Maria, has felt even worse and did not want to talk to telemundo news about the case. It is that nothing has changed. The only thing she knows is that the 5-year-old girl played with her little brother in this park and apparently a Hispanic man got her into his van. The police have not provided more information.

Grandma: We don't know anything, because the only thing they are saying is that she is in a red van. It is the only thing that they told us, not even the objective/target of anything.

Guy: authorities said today that the investigation continues and they continue to ask for the help of the public. they also insist that they not question the immigration status of the people who provide information on this case. the case has touched the hearts of the community that has joined in vigils and search brigades.

Random girl in blue: it’s sad, a girl has been lost in these terms and there is no news of it.

Guy: A mystery that has also alerted other mothers with young children.

Random girl: Keep them in a safe place, really be more aware of it because many things are happening today.

Guy: Both the mother and grandmother of Dulce Maria do not lose faith that their nightmare soon ends.

Grandma: In the night we wake up at 3, at 2. it takes us to the window, towards the one who brings us. but nothing.

Thank you for posting this. I would love to know the context especially her first words and subsequent statements.

Thank you for posting this. I would love to know the context especially her first words and subsequent statements.

Yea, If anyone is fluent in Spanish I do have the Spanish subtitles typed out if anyone wants it. I am not someone who is especially advanced in Spanish. I just took Spanish in school and can read it (I have a problem with translating when hearing it spoken).

I will say that the guy talking in the video was really easy to translate but the grandma was very hard to translate- I think she speaks a dialect from somewhere. (I do believe the last sentence grandma said may be referring to god? But I didn’t want to stray too much from her original words).

Last edited:
If anyone is fluent in Spanish I do have the Spanish subtitles typed out if you want to inbox me. I am not someone who is especially advanced in Spanish. I just took Spanish in school and can read it (I have a problem with translating when hearing it spoken). I will say that the guy talking in the video was really easy to translate but the grandma and the first random girl that appeared in the video were very hard to translate. (I do believe the last sentence grandma said may be referring to god? But I didn’t want to stray too much from her original words).

It is in my opinion that the family speaks dialect and their second language is spanish. In Noema's case, I think her 3rd language is Spanish, although she may not even speak the dialect. They are from Oaxaca. I speak and read spanish, when it comes to typing it all out I still need a lot of practice. I noticed that some words the family spoke were off so I asked my husband and he said he bets they don't even speak spanish as their first language. Opinion of course. But I think that is why even the best spanish speakers are having trouble understanding the family.

EDITED BECAUSE I ADDED TOO MANY "SPEAKS"

It is in my opinion that the family speaks dialect and their second language is spanish. In Noema's case, I think her 3rd language is Spanish, although she may not even speak the dialect. They are from Oaxaca. I speak and read spanish, when it comes to typing it all out I still need a lot of practice. I noticed that some words the family spoke were off so I asked my husband and he said he bets they don't even speak spanish as their first language. Opinion of course. But I think that is why even the best spanish speakers are having trouble understanding the family.

EDITED BECAUSE I ADDED TOO MANY "SPEAKS"

Yea, I agree. I’ll write the Spanish subtitles that I got for grandma. Just in case you or anyone else that may be better at Spanish can get a better translation. (I don’t think the info in the video is super important. That’s just my opinion though).

tambien me duele mucho porque es muy chiquita para que lo secuestren o no se. que intencion tienen esas personas.

en ese entonces deje de trabajar ni tengo ganas de hacer nada. ni salir en la calle.

no sabemos nada pues porque lo habian dicho en una camioneta roja es lo unico que nos dijieron pues mas cosas porque ni siquiera de las blancas de nada pues las.

en las noche despertamos a las tres a las dos asumamos la ventana hacia la que nos trae pero nada.

Poor Dulce. It's been a month today since she went missing without a trace.

I'm wondering if she's in the woods somewhere, deceased. All this time, LE has searched and cleared over 500 red vans, has done searches. One dog picked up her scent for about an hour, and we don't even know where he lost the scent! Why won't LE at least give the public that information? It's not like it's die hard evidence that will convict anyone.

I Know She’s Suffering’: Today Marks One Month Since 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Disappeared From Bridgeton Park

BRIDGETON, N.J. (CBS) — Today marks one month since 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez went missing from Bridgeton City Park. Her mom is pleading

Dulce’s mother, 19-year-old Noema Alavez Perez, says that every day is a challenge to get out of bed, but she does it in hopes her little girl will return home.

“To be honest, it’s really hard for our family,” she said.

Alavez Perez can hardly believe it’s been a month since she’s seen her daughter. It was Sept. 16 when she took her kids to Bridgeton City Park on a sunny afternoon.

“We were here at the park and people said that somebody probably somebody took her,” she said in the 911 call.

Alavez Perez described why she thought that someone took her daughter.

“Because I couldn’t find her, there was no sign of her,” she said. “I went looking for her everywhere, that’s why.”

'I Know She's Suffering': Today Marks One Month Since 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Disappeared From Bridgeton Park

Yea, I agree. I’ll write the Spanish subtitles that I got for grandma. Just in case you or anyone else that may be better at Spanish can get a better translation. (I don’t think the info in the video is super important. That’s just my opinion though).

tambien me duele mucho porque es muy chiquita para que lo secuestren o no se. que intencion tienen esas personas.

en ese entonces deje de trabajar ni tengo ganas de hacer nada. ni salir en la calle.

no sabemos nada pues porque lo habian dicho en una camioneta roja es lo unico que nos dijieron pues mas cosas porque ni siquiera de las blancas de nada pues las.

en las noche despertamos a las tres a las dos asumamos la ventana hacia la que nos trae pero nada.

Going by these subtitles, your translations were perfect!

I Know She’s Suffering’: Today Marks One Month Since 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Disappeared From Bridgeton Park

BRIDGETON, N.J. (CBS) — Today marks one month since 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez went missing from Bridgeton City Park. Her mom is pleading

Dulce’s mother, 19-year-old Noema Alavez Perez, says that every day is a challenge to get out of bed, but she does it in hopes her little girl will return home.

“To be honest, it’s really hard for our family,” she said.

Alavez Perez can hardly believe it’s been a month since she’s seen her daughter. It was Sept. 16 when she took her kids to Bridgeton City Park on a sunny afternoon.

“We were here at the park and people said that somebody probably somebody took her,” she said in the 911 call.

Alavez Perez described why she thought that someone took her daughter.

“Because I couldn’t find her, there was no sign of her,” she said. “I went looking for her everywhere, that’s why.”

'I Know She's Suffering': Today Marks One Month Since 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Disappeared From Bridgeton Park
I don't know what kind of answer they expected regarding why she thinks someone took her daughter.
How would she know?
She is living a nightmare and I'm sure she does not want to think about why someone would take her child.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members