AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all do. : (
This would be a miracle outcome, and unless earthly remains are found, we must continue to search and hope.

this hope being expressed, it is far more likely this little rose will have to bloom in heaven.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I think it could easily be a preplanned abduction if they were followed from home. It was fast and that could mean it was well planned.

Your scenario of being in a foreign country and not knowing the language wasn't all like Noema's life since she was born in the US. So a US is not a foreign country for her.
And obviously she speaks English. We all heard her on 911 call. She is perfectly understandable. She also understands what is asked of her. She doesn't need to go around with a translator in tow as far as I am concerned.
She may not need a translator, but her English is not perfect.
Her parents speak Spanish. It's obvious that Spanish is spoken in the home because Noema speaks fluent Spanish.
Its not that she can't speak or understand English, it's that her grammar and use of words is not always accurate. Just one word used incorrectly can change the whole meaning of a sentence.

The problem is that people are analyzing and picking her words apart and using it against her.
For example, the psychologist that suggested her use of the word floor instead of ground means that whatever happened to Dulce must have occurred somewhere else, like inside a home or in the car. So she must be lying. It's a ridiculous suggestion.

Another example is when she said, "I don't know why she just ran away like that." People took it out of context and assumed she meant she ran away instead of being lured by a man and put into a car.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that she can't speak or understand English. It's that she does not speak English as well as she speaks Spanish. On the 911 call, she was speaking English to the dispatcher but when she was asked what Dulce was wearing she asked someone else in Spanish and in my opinion, her Spanish is better than her English.

One does not have to live in a foreign country for the language to be foreign to them. Some people want to keep their culture alive and speaking their native language is one way to do this. There are people who have lived here for 25 years and still don't speak English well. They just know enough to get by. Especially when they don't have to if all their family and friends speak their native language.

I do think Dulces mom grew up in a Spanish speaking home. She probably speaks Spanish with her family and friends, her boyfriend, and her children.

Imo

We are kind of beating a dead horse. It is what it is regarding her English skills. She can speak and understand. Even if she spoke it perfectly, people would still be picking her words apart. And I don't think it's reasonable to expect her to be accompanied by a translator when she goes anywhere.
And I am still not sure if the child actually run away or was abducted. I don't think convincing evidence was presented either way.

I think it could easily be a preplanned abduction if they were followed from home. It was fast and that could mean it was well planned.
Yes, I agree. Well planned and executed. Older potential eye witness child in the car, good timing.

I think the footage at the ice cream store is very important.

We are kind of beating a dead horse. It is what it is regarding her English skills. She can speak and understand. Even if she spoke it perfectly, people would still be picking her words apart. And I don't think it's reasonable to expect her to be accompanied by a translator when she goes anywhere.
And I am still not sure if the child actually run away or was abducted. I don't think convincing evidence was presented either way.[/QUOTE]

This case is quickly disappearing in the online news stories. :( No developments, no pressers=nothing to report on. I saw a community search planned for this weekend but very little response. I can’t recall which news source had it posted. I’m discouraged. This case seems to lack some of the passion and determination I see with another case right now. Not within WS but in the community. :( I wonder why that is.

This case is quickly disappearing in the online news stories. :( No developments, no pressers=nothing to report on. I saw a community search planned for this weekend but very little response. I can’t recall which news source had it posted. I’m discouraged. This case seems to lack some of the passion and determination I see with another case right now. Not within WS but in the community. :( I wonder why that is.
Because it would seem the community believes someone knows the answers to where she is but is withholding info.

Sadly, I think when a lot of time has passed, uninvolved observers get discouraged and think the outcome cannot be good, so they are less likely to continue thinking about the case/dedicating energy to it. In contrast Kamille/"Cupcake"'s case is still relatively new, and captured the public imagination/horror because of the circumstances – several other children and multiple adults responsible for them were all around, yet someone was still able to take her with only a child witnessing.

The description of the suspects in Cupcake's case also seems clearer.

One detail that bothers me in Dulce's case concerns the sketch of the man on the playground with t-shirt, jeans and baseball cap, showing a moustache and goatee. This does not at all match the verbal description of the man in orange sneakers, red shirt and black pants with no facial hair, aside from similar height. Yet that description, dating from when the Amber Alert was issued, has not been retracted or corrected and is still being shared in the media. So are LE searching for, and asking the public's assistance with, two different men, or are the descriptions really that uncertain? I can't imagine this degree of confusing information helps members of the public who want to assist LE.

edited to clarify and add MOO

Yes the initial description of the man in red/orange/black was given by a young child and the sketch is a description OF a witness BY a witness. So I guess the witness describing the sketched witness saw the jeans/T-shirt/baseball cap guy but did not see the abduction. LE is hoping the jeans/shirt/cap guy may have noticed something. This case is a mess. IMO

I just read that Dulce's mother learned she's
I believe Sheryl McCollum is a crime scene investigator and works on cold cases. Maybe she’s a psychologist too. Sheryl McCollum - Wikipedia

I wish NG would have guests who are local reporters or at least very familiar with the case. It’s frustrating to hear a statement that’s blatantly untrue. I stopped listening during Lucas’ case. I believe it was after Mark Klass stated that Lucas would be found less than a mile from his home.

I think I’ll skip this one and save myself the outrage.

NG did not have a local news reporter on, in the same way her guests were conversing during this podcast, but she did play what ABC Action News reporter Maggie Kent (31:32) said during one of Kent's newscasts.

I started to write everything that Maggie Kent reported during the podcast so all could know and I stopped. I do not want to cause any anger or outrage from a NG podcast. I only wanted to point out now since it was said, that local news was involved. Also, there were other's in this podcast that did not have the same opinion as the people I mentioned in my past post. I did not know many had this opinion of NG. I will not mention NG again.

I did find an interview on the 8 yr-old sister today, from 9/18. She did speak on camera to the public. She was defending her sister.

Just because we are not privy to all information doesn't mean the aunt did not speak to LE, as they are saying. We don't know

AMBER ALERT NJ: Police looking into social media postings in search for missing New Jersey girl

This is nothing new. I think people feel better if they convince themselves that there is not an unknown bad guy out there abducting children. It doesn’t make it true but it sure does hurt the chances of finding her alive. Last year this same thing happened in Hania Aguilar’s case. The public starting doubting her family. It was only when she was found deceased that the media and public jumped back in with both feet. The same thing is starting to happen with Cupcake’s case. If she’s not found soon she will also be relegated until her body is found. It’s thoroughly depressing. :(

I just read that Dulce's mother learned she's

NG did not have a local news reporter on, in the same way her guests were conversing during this podcast, but she did play what ABC Action News reporter Maggie Kent (31:32) said during one of Kent's newscasts.

I started to write everything that Maggie Kent reported during the podcast so all could know and I stopped. I do not want to cause any anger or outrage from a NG podcast. I only wanted to point out now since it was said, that local news was involved. Also, there were other's in this podcast that did not have the same opinion as the people I mentioned in my past post. I did not know many had this opinion of NG. I will not mention NG again.

I did find an interview on the 8 yr-old sister today, from 9/18. She did speak on camera to the public. She was defending her sister.

Just because we are not privy to all information doesn't mean the aunt did not speak to LE, as they are saying. We don't know

AMBER ALERT NJ: Police looking into social media postings in search for missing New Jersey girl

I believe that is Noema’s older sister Nayiber in the jnterview and not the younger 8 yr old sister who was with her in the car at the park at the time Dulce disappeared.

I agree with you that this case is 'fading away from view'. I don't think that LE has given up at all. But I think the early consensus on WS was that this case would be solved by the community or not at all. We don't know the extent of the community stepping up to get beyond their fear of sharing information (even anonymously) with LE? LE has said the family has been cooperative but does this mean to say that the family and extended family shared everything they might know? IDK.

Its sad to think that a 5 yo can simply vanish and that all those people playing basketball or even watching basketball saw nothing or chose to say nothing? I do believe the family dynamics present along with the community language and citizenship issues make investigating what happened to Dulce very hard for LE. I pray Dulce is found but the statistics are sadly against this happening at this point.

Early warning to LE is so critical and we saw a gap in the timeline as Mom and her brother searched before LE was called. If no credible witnesses existed at the park, then its possible this time gap before LE was called allowed any perp to escape and be far away and unless camera footage was found to track vehicle traffic in/out of park then the perp might never be found. MOO

I believe that is Noema’s older sister Nayiber in the jnterview and not the younger 8 yr old sister who was with her in the car at the park at the time Dulce disappeared.

Thank you for pointing this out! I knew this and I did not see it! Even looking at the video, it did not click in my brain that this is NOT the younger sister. She does not even look like she's 8 yr-old! I really messed up badly on this one.

I started at day one today, trying to find proof, anything, in a video or written in an article that the younger sister did say something to the media. I was happy to find that video and it was not her. Apologies to all

I forgot to delete what I wrote at the top of the page in my last post. I was going to write about Dulce's mom finding out she is having a girl, then saw that it was already posted and I forgot to erase it.

Batting 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members