AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth would the family be signing off?

According to the police chief there aren’t any searches currently planned. IMO this case gets more confusing by the day. I wish reporters would face check comments made by random individuals; especially a comment as ludicrous as a family having to sign off on a search.
Missing Pieces Network

According to the police chief there aren’t any searches currently planned. IMO this case gets more confusing by the day. I wish reporters would face check comments made by random individuals; especially a comment as ludicrous as a family having to sign off on a search.
Missing Pieces Network
I’m tellin’ you it’s absolutely maddening!

Missing Pieces Network

So, according to this link, various services have been offered/are available for the family, but the family hasn't utilized them (or they have?) but told their family spokesperson that they hadn't been offered any services, hence the reason the family spokesperson was trying to arrange a march?

I'm confused. Seems like there is enormous confusion or some dishonesty occuring somewhere. :oops:

Some important pieces of hard learned experience I want all of you to keep in mind at all times, and it has raised it's ugly head in quite a few cases, including some I have been involved in.

The actor(s) and their confederates have on occasion, inserted themselves into cases, into social media, into search parties and passed themselves off as "interested parties" for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the progression of the case, evidence gathered and to spread dis-information to the media, other searchers and LE.

Another facet of these cases are leaches that whip up a frenzy of speculation for their own enjoyment or to operate fund raising scams for their own profit. These heart rendering cases sadly attract the most hostile, attention seeking and dishonest individuals devoid of any empathy.

Do not assume for one second that we operate here in some insulated environment where what we post is not watched equally by elements of LE, attention seekers, profiteers and the actors themselves.

Social media is a double edged sword. Post respectfully and wisely.

Last edited:
Some important pieces of hard learned experience I want all of you to keep in mind at all times, and it has raised it's ugly head in quite a few cases, including some I have been involved in.

The actor(s) and their confederates have on occasion, inserted themselves into cases, into social media, into search parties and passed themselves off as "interested parties" for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the progression of the case, evidence gathered and to spread dis-information to the media, other searchers and LE.

Another facet of these cases are leaches that whip up a frenzy of speculation for their own enjoyment or to operate fund raising scams for their own profit. These heart rendering cases sadly attract the most hostile, attention seeking and dishonest individuals devoid of any empathy.

Do not assume for one second that we operate here in some insulated environment where what we post is not watched equally by elements of LE, attention seekers, profiteers and the actors themselves.

This sage advice should be the first post of every thread!

Steven L. Vera, 34, of the first block of Dare Avenue, repeatedly tried to get a 15-year-old girl to get into his 2-door black Mercedes SLK near the 100 block of Hampton Street, according to a post on the department’s Facebook page. A parent nearby took a photo of Vera’s car, which led to his arrest.
Bridgeton man charged with attempting to lure teen girl into car

I wish I could make this my tag line ~ It’s a classic:

Agree^ I attended a Trial in Detroit and the crime reporters were really engaging with us. One asked me why I was there. I hesitated and said interest, support of a victim and a member of WS. He said he was familiar with WS. A Detroit Detective told him to check us out. He had many positive things to say about WS. When he told his boss at the newspaper about our site he was told to do his own dang investigating LOL

Thanks for this post.
I've run into leaches on other high profile missing child cases. Most of them weren't looking for money, but were attention seeking. Though, with the advent of on line fundraising, it doesn't surprise me to add scams to the list of why they do what they do.
I've learned to read between the lines in news articles when it states something like, "sources close to the family", or "someone said a source close to the family", etc. If it doesn't come directly from LE or the family, I take it with a grain of salt. There are people out their trying to insert themselves into and manipulate cases, based on their emotions or suspicions, not facts.

Last edited:
“It’s hard for us because we haven’t heard anything,” said Noema Alavez Perez, Dulce’s mother. “But we have faith that she’s still alive and safe.”

The message of the night, Rodriguez said, was simple:

“Two months have passed, but we still haven’t given up hope,” she said. “We are still searching, and we’ll continue searching.”

“(The family) doesn’t have their papers,” Rodriguez said. “They’re not legal here. They’re scared. They’re not the only ones that are scared. There are many out there in the city of Bridgeton that feel the same way. I feel like a lot of people are afraid to speak because of that problem.”

“Every time they come to the house, they said that they don’t have any news,” Alavez Perez said. “They still don’t have a clue where my daughter could be, so I’m not sure if they’re doing their job or not.”

“I believe that maybe they’re going to find some answers, maybe something that a dog didn’t pick up or just some other kind of small evidence that either the baby’s in the community still or that we have to search on the outskirts,” Filoon said.

“It takes a village to raise a child,” Filoon said. “Well, it’s going to take a village to bring her home.”
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez says fresh search coming with divers, dogs

Was reading a thread on Dulce recently (Reddit) and WS was mentioned in a disparaging manner. Crusty baby boomers was the nicest comment lol.
Ha! I'll own that. How many of those critics can follow human footprints for miles and tell the LE officers and Forensics team in tow what exactly happened at that spot, who the person was, how much they weighed, what their state of mind was, if they were carrying anything and how fast they were moving. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member