AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. And if Noema has any of these conditions, it is unlikely that her family would recognize them as neurological or psychological issues that are neither her fault nor her optimal state, much less know how to access help for her in coping with them. They may not even be aware that such mental health and medical resources exist.

To me it looks like this girl has been the black sheep in her family for a very long time, and the difficulties she has faced with her choices and in her family relationships may have less to do with adolescent behaviors she herself acknowledges weren't optimal, than with her affect/emotional expression and the reasons behind it. The behaviors (drugs, sexual activity, anything else) could have been her adolescent reaction to a childhood spent feeling profoundly disapproved or misunderstood or unsupported by those around her, and no one realizing she needed help. I am not trying to blame her parents; the language barrier can't have made it easy for them to communicate with teachers or school health personnel, and depending on their educational level they simply may not know about the effects of childhood trauma, mental health issues, or neuro-atypical conditions such as those of the autism spectrum.

How sad that Noema's experiences in the months since Dulce disappeared seem to have only reinforced the emotional gulf between her and those who should be her support system. I wonder if she has any friends at all who don't backstab her (like Jackie Rodriguez), or family who don't constantly remind her of the faults they perceive in her. She seems so submissive, so flat, so willing to endure being the focus of public ire, or else to fade quietly into the background. So resigned to this being her deserved and expected lot in life.

JMO, MOO
Her parents may not have been able to recognize a problem, but I would think the school would. I don't know the age she left school, but schools start testing for problems at a very young age.

YES. And if Noema has any of these conditions, it is unlikely that her family would recognize them as neurological or psychological issues that are neither her fault nor her optimal state, much less know how to access help for her in coping with them. They may not even be aware that such mental health and medical resources exist.

To me it looks like this girl has been the black sheep in her family for a very long time, and the difficulties she has faced with her choices and in her family relationships may have less to do with adolescent behaviors she herself acknowledges weren't optimal, than with her affect/emotional expression and the reasons behind it. The behaviors (drugs, sexual activity, anything else) could have been her adolescent reaction to a childhood spent feeling profoundly disapproved or misunderstood or unsupported by those around her, and no one realizing she needed help. I am not trying to blame her parents; the language barrier can't have made it easy for them to communicate with teachers or school health personnel, and depending on their educational level they simply may not know about the effects of childhood trauma, mental health issues, or neuro-atypical conditions such as those of the autism spectrum.

How sad that Noema's experiences in the months since Dulce disappeared seem to have only reinforced the emotional gulf between her and those who should be her support system. I wonder if she has any friends at all who don't backstab her (like Jackie Rodriguez), or family who don't constantly remind her of the faults they perceive in her. She seems so submissive, so flat, so willing to endure being the focus of public ire, or else to fade quietly into the background. So resigned to this being her deserved and expected lot in life.

JMO, MOO
DBM double post

Last edited:
It was a truly bizarre interview with Dr Phil, I have to say. It was like he was trying to pull eye teeth trying to get information from Noema. And even just trying to connect logical dots was laborious- like when he pointed out that if Noema and Dulce didn’t know any black men, then how could the black man supposedly seen walking have been someone she knew (Noema maintained it was probably someone Dulce knew). Painful and a bit baffling for me to watch the interview at times.

So much still doesn’t make sense. Does little brother talk or not, why were there 2 dozen people playing basketball at first and now only 4 girls, if it :confused::confused:was a black man reported seen then why does Noema think her ex might have taken her (assuming the ex is not black because Noema said she didn’t know any black men).

MOO.
I thought I was confused before the DR Phil interview, now I know I am confused. To many discrepancies in what has been said( on DP show) and what as been reported.

I think the mom knows more than she is letting on, but doesn’t know everything. I think that Dulce was arranged to be given away, and kept safe. But I *don’t* think the mom or her boyfriend know who took her. I think it was more like a friend of one of them knows someone, who knows someone, who took her away and gave her to a family.

This is the only way I can explain away the mom’s seeming uncaring attitude. Sometimes during the Dr Phil snow, I felt like she actually seemed a bit amused, like she doesn’t get why this is still an issue, since she knows Dulce is fine.

I hope Dulce is fine. I hope she was given to someone who is taking great care of her. I know this is probably a huge stretch, but hope dies hard. I want her to be ok.

I think the mom knows more than she is letting on, but doesn’t know everything. I think that Dulce was arranged to be given away, and kept safe. But I *don’t* think the mom or her boyfriend know who took her. I think it was more like a friend of one of them knows someone, who knows someone, who took her away and gave her to a family.

This is the only way I can explain away the mom’s seeming uncaring attitude. Sometimes during the Dr Phil snow, I felt like she actually seemed a bit amused, like she doesn’t get why this is still an issue, since she knows Dulce is fine.

I hope Dulce is fine. I hope she was given to someone who is taking great care of her. I know this is probably a huge stretch, but hope dies hard. I want her to be ok.

Who do you think arranged it? And kept safe from who or what?

I think Noema is like a child wanting to please others. I bet when they taped the show they kept asking her if she knew of anyone who would have taken the child and wouldn’t move on until they had the sound bite they wanted. She threw out this person so they would move on to the next question. Dr. Phil’s team should have had an official court interpreter there to ask her these same questions in Spanish. She expresses herself much better in her native tongue.

I knew that going on this program was going to be problematic for her. He wants high ratings. That wasn’t going to happen if she appeared and only said she had no clue who took Dulce. They needed drama and drama is what they fabricated. That spokesperson also threw her under the bus with her statements that she feels like Noema is hiding something. With supporters like that who needs detractors?

I’ve listened carefully when she does interviews in Spanish. I do not think she knows a thing. I think she is emotionally and even mentally challenged. All these “supporters” who supposedly support her should be ashamed of themselves. They are using her and Dulce for fame.

From what I have been reading on WS today it makes me think a “friend” could have “brainwashed” her by telling her she is a bad mother and doesn’t take good care of her daughter etc. And perhaps that “friend “ convinced her it would be best if she took Dulce and gave her to someone that could take good care of her etc. Are there people that could be that brazen and evil that would take advantage? Moo

From what I have been reading on WS today it makes me think a “friend” could have “brainwashed” her by telling her she is a bad mother and doesn’t take good care of her daughter etc. And perhaps that “friend “ convinced her it would be best if she took Dulce and gave her to someone that could take good care of her etc. Are there people that could be that brazen and evil that would take advantage? Moo
That theory might have made much more sense if she was raising Dulce but she was not. She wasn't actually taking care of Dulce (at least full time) to begin with. Dulce lived with her grandparents. Noema didn't even live there. Grandparents are clearly devastated (at least the grandmother, as I haven't really seen the grandfather). It's the kind of a situation where she seems to have been acting more like an older sibling to Dulce than an actual mother.

Last edited:
I think that Dulce was arranged to be given away, and kept safe. But I *don’t* think the mom or her boyfriend know who took her. I think it was more like a friend of one of them knows someone, who knows someone, who took her away and gave her to a family
Respectfully snipped for focus.
I agree with some of this. *If* the child was knowingly handed off to someone, they were most likely a middleman/person, and Dulce's ultimate destination is likely unknown. However, *if* the above scenario occurred, I *do not* believe that Dulce was handed off to go to a benevolent family to love and care for her. She already had her grandparents, and it appears they took good care of her.
It is my *opinion* that *if* the child was handed off, it was for nefarious purposes.

Dulce's biological mother does not present credibly. There have been a myriad of possible reasons discussed as to why that may be. I do believe that the reward money is a strong incentive for someone to come forward, and let's hope that happens.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Where can we watch it. YouTube link above no longer works

Four females playing basketball. That’s it?
What about the “child of tender years” that describes the red van?
How old were these females?
So... I finally saw the Dr. Phil episode last night and I'm a little gobsmacked. I don't know what to think. For one thing, Noema said the witness who saw Dulce leave with the man in the red van is 10 years old. It makes me wonder about the ages of the other three girls. Easy pickings for some deviant if there were no adults or at least older kids around.

And it makes me wonder just how accurate that 10 year old witness was. And why did LE claim there were a dozen or so people playing basketball, not to mention that they may have been little girls? Someone's way off IMO and I don't know who.

The story keeps changing in parts even though Noema recited other parts of it exactly as she said in early reports, like her thinking Dulce "was just playing hide and seek." But in the Dr. P interview it now appears that her son's ice cream possibly fell to the ground by accident rather than being knocked out of his hands by the abductor.

There's more but y'all have watched the same show so no point in going on and on. But I agree the "spokesperson" needs to be replaced. That "revelation" did no one any good. This is about finding Dulce, not picking on her mother.

'Don't Be Afraid of Police': Grandmom Pleads for Help
Mother of missing New Jersey 5-year-old Dulce Alavez thinks she's still alive

Her parents may not have been able to recognize a problem, but I would think the school would. I don't know the age she left school, but schools start testing for problems at a very young age.

Women getting diagnosed with something like autism later in life is not uncommon. It often takes several doctors to make an accurate diagnosis, especially if you are high functioning. I am *not* saying Noema has autism, but there could be something there that is not yet diagnosed that impairs her ability to make the best decisions.

This is a case where you can say it was the "perfect storm". Everything that could have gone wrong did. I don't believe that Dulce's mom could plan something as intricate as a planned abduction without her slipping up. If she had any involvement in Dulce's disappearance, I would hope that someone would come forward now that Dr. Phil offered to raise the reward to $75,000. I just don't get the feeling she knows anything.

I think Noema is like a child wanting to please others. I bet when they taped the show they kept asking her if she knew of anyone who would have taken the child and wouldn’t move on until they had the sound bite they wanted. She threw out this person so they would move on to the next question. Dr. Phil’s team should have had an official court interpreter there to ask her these same questions in Spanish. She expresses herself much better in her native tongue.

I knew that going on this program was going to be problematic for her. He wants high ratings. That wasn’t going to happen if she appeared and only said she had no clue who took Dulce. They needed drama and drama is what they fabricated. That spokesperson also threw her under the bus with her statements that she feels like Noema is hiding something. With supporters like that who needs detractors?

I’ve listened carefully when she does interviews in Spanish. I do not think she knows a thing. I think she is emotionally and even mentally challenged. All these “supporters” who supposedly support her should be ashamed of themselves. They are using her and Dulce for fame.

Well stated and I agree 100%. My heart goes out to her.

The scenario presented by Noema (witnesses apparently claiming they saw Dulce running toward the buildings, and Dulce's little brother gesturing that a man waved to them) just doesn't seem to fit well with a stranger abduction. Sounds like Dulce by herself run towards this man (if witnesses are correct). There was also a black man there according to what a witness supposedly told Noema, yet police haven't released any description of this man (he would be a witness even if he isn't a suspect), only of Hispanic men. This is such a confusing case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty