NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please be advised that information circulating on social media that an arrest has been made in the case of missing child Dulce Maria Alavez is FALSE. No arrest has been made in this matter.

Prosecutor Webb-McRae states the following as to those who spread inaccurate information:

"Anyone who indulges in circulating false rumors regarding this matter takes time and attention away from the active, ongoing investigation into young Dulce's disappearance. Any credible information regarding an arrest and/or determination into the circumstances surrounding Dulce's disappearance will come from a law enforcement source."

Please SHARE to dispel this reckless rumor.

Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office, NJ

SEARCH FOR MISSING NEW JERSEY GIRL DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ ENTERS 4TH MONTH

Thursday, January 16, 2020
5574138_092719-wpvi-dulce-timeline-search-COVER-img.jpg

Dulce Maria Alavez vanished on the afternoon of September 16, prompting an all-out search to find the 5-year-old girl.
BRIDGETON, New Jersey (WPVI) -- The search for a missing Bridgeton girl continues as Thursday marks four months since police say she vanished from a New Jersey park.

Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, was last seen playing at the Bridgeton City Park on September 16, 2019.

Surveillance video captures the last known images of Dulce. The video shows Dulce getting ice cream at a store with her mother, 3-year-old brother and an 8-year-old relative. Then she vanished.

Mother of missing NJ girl Dulce Marie Alavez tells Dr. Phil she suspects 'old friend' took her daughter
5738839_120719-cc-dulce-drphil-interview-img.jpg

Mother of missing NJ girl speaks to Dr. Phil

"It's really hard for us 'cause we're not getting any answers no more, not like we used to. They just keep saying they're investigating, but literally there's no answers," said Dulce's mother, Noema Alavez last week.

No suspects have been named in the case. A reward for information now stands at $75,000.

During a recent meeting, supporters asked Bridgeton Mayor Albert Kelly for things like waived fees for permits to hold vigils and amnesty for undocumented residents who may be afraid to come forward with information.

"They're not going to be asked about their documentation, we're not going to follow up on that. All we want is information about Dulce Maria Alavez," Kelly added.

TIMELINE: The search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez
5574138_092719-wpvi-dulce-timeline-search-COVER-img.jpg

Timeline: Disappearance and Search for missing 5-year-old girl Dulce Maria Alavez

Dulce's mother is not giving up.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Her words in one of the latest articles are genuine and tell me that the pain of her loss is real. She said she wishes she could go back to that day in the park and do things differently. This is typical of someone who has experienced a trauma. They relive the event over and over in their minds, like a recording. That she imagines going back to that day and keeping a better watch on Dulce is not uncommon. I have no doubt that she is still consumed with guilt and grief.

I don't think I've met a single parent who has taken their eyes off their children for ten or fifteen minutes. I've watched parents engaged in conversation at the park or looking at their phones while their children play out of their line of sight. How long does it take to scratch a lottery ticket? Five seconds?

What about the perp, who snatched up a young child and took her away from her family? In most stranger abductions the child is killed within 24 hours. Noema is a young mother and probably had taken her kids to the park for years without any problems. How could she know that the price of staying in the car for several minutes would end in tragedy?

What evidence is there that the family has not wanted to work with police? None of them have been named POI's. The FBI traveled to Mexico very early in the investigation and interviewed the father. It's unlikely that he was able to coordinate an abduction from another country.

How do you know the three year old knew more about Dulce than his mother? He was apparently nonverbal at that time.

The predator who took Dulce is responsible for this crime. It only takes a few seconds to lure a child to a van, put them in the vehicle and drive off.

The man in the sketch has not come forward, as far as I know. Police believe that someone witnessed the abduction. It may take someone stepping up and telling investigators what they saw to help solve this crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MsBetsy
I don't think I've met a single parent who has taken their eyes off their children for ten or fifteen minutes. I've watched parents engaged in conversation at the park or looking at their phones while their children play out of their line of sight. How long does it take to scratch a lottery ticket? Five seconds?

(Though we've never met)
Waves. Over here. My son is on the spectrum. I would say until he was over 10 years old, maybe a little older, except when he was in the care of another adult, I never took my eyes off my son for 10 or 15 minutes in a public place or out of house. Ever. Ask my family, who delighted in making fun of me for being a helicopter parent when my son was small.
Also, please don't discount those few seconds of looking away. That's all it takes to lose a child. Because I, a helicopter mom, lost my son in the blink of an eye, LESS THAN 5 SECONDS, when an obstacle came between us and cut off my line of sight. I wasn't on my phone. We came upon a wide pole and he went one way around it, and I went the other, and when I got to the other side, he was gone. It took less than 5 seconds to pass the pole.
Something similar happened to my mum, my coworker, and a few other parents I know who lost their child in mere seconds, too. My coworker turned her head for all the time it took to pick up a sandwich and turn back, touching off a two hour ordeal of looking for her friend's little boy, who she was supposed to be watching. We're not talking fishing around in a cooler. It was sitting right beside her. She turned, picked it up, looked back & he was gone.
Unless it happens to them, no one has any idea how it feels, or that it's even possible, to turn your head away and then back in mere seconds, only to discover within those few seconds, your kid has vanished. So seconds count.

“Members of the community have the answer to this question, as far as who is responsible,” Garrabrant said.”

Afraid of ICE? Covering for someone? Afraid to tell the complete truth?
JMO
I don't doubt the hispanic community in that area is very afraid of ICE. If I recall correctly, mom's boyfriend was arrested by ICE very early on, and then people got scared.

Odd this is how they encourage “anonymous” tips.

FBI link requires first & last name, phone number, email & captcha id- in English.
FBI — Seeking Information on Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez

Cumberland County Prosecuting Attorney’s link requires creation of a 4 digit pin plus an assigned partner code.
Cumberland County Prosecutors Office

Bridgeton city link encourages tips by phone, email or text. Like they wouldn’t then know your phone number or IP.
City of Bridgeton, New Jersey - Bridgeton Police Department

No reasonable person of any native language would assume these are truly anonymous. As much as someone may want to help, no wonder why they don’t come forward! Moo, smh.

That would be my guess too. Are they avoiding LE, though?
Mom & maternal grandparents have been involved with msm. I was responding to OP about paternal side of the family- and thinking of community as well- little to no engagement with msm there. LE says they believe someone within that community knows & may be afraid to come forward due to immigration status. Hence the “anonymous” tip lines (of which none are truly anonymous). So yes, I believe there is avoidance of LE & msm on this case. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TacoPanda
Back