AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, with this little girl, I no longer feel like a member of Websleuths. I feel like a member of a dead children’s club. This case has broken me.
So just to be really, really obtuse, you think that someone close to Dulce, who has been in police custody, is the perp here?

Trying this 1 more time. Please let me know if I've missed anything critical or need more sources that arent already posted. There are many
9/16 3:30-3:50p.m
. 5yr. old Dulce Alavez w/ her mother Noema, 8yr old Aunt & 3 yr old brother purchase icecream at ?? convenience store.
Video found here

9/16 4-4:10p.m. Dulce & her family arrive at City Park Bridgeton, NJ. Dulce & 3 yr brother go to playground area while Mom & 8yr aunt remain in car to work on aunt's homework.

9/16 4:20p.m. Dulce goes missing from City Park Bridgeton, NJ playground."....About 10 minutes later, the mother saw the 3-year-old boy upset and crying, his ice cream on the ground and his sister nowhere to be found. The boy pointed behind some buildings saying his sister went that way, Alavez Pérez said..."
MSM Link

9/16 4:20-4:30 p.m. Noema calls her family to come help search for Dulce according to the mother herself on MSM & the article at link above.

9/16 4:51 p.m. 911 call by Noema reporting Dulce Alavez missing from City Park playground in Bridgeton NJ. According to the Amber alert.

9/16 5 pm+/- Officers arrive & begin collecting info about missing Dulce. The search & investigation begins. Reported on MSM as around 5 p.m.

9/17: Witness Reports to LE: a man walked Dulce to a red van, placed her in back seat & drove away from the City Park area on 9/16/19. According to all MSM reports.

Late 9/17 or 9/18 early a.m.: Amber Alert for 5 yr old Dulce Alavez. Details at link.
AMBER Alert (missing child) for New Jersey

The mention above of witnesses including a child makes me wonder if the police are trying to protect another child(ren)?

There is so much in this situation that is at least potentially "off".

Aside from the people playing basketball, do we know who was at the park in the playground area when Dulce disappeared? I'm *assuming* from what I've heard, the people playing ball were all young men, teens?

Were there other young kids and families in the playground and surrounding? Have there been media interviews along the lines of "We were at the playground when it happened....." ?
That they are interviewing the children is a good thing. The kids on the playground would have been closer and may have seen something that they would not think anything of at the time or would not think was important.
Hopefully they have someone who is experienced with children questioning them because they may have some valuable information. Imo

From what i read Dulce and her brother were together at the time? I wonder if he saw anything of what happened to his sister and is able to say?
He came back crying didn't he IIRC?
Yes, and his icecream was on the ground, which makes me wonder if he dropped it because he was scared or that there was some kind of struggle.
I'm thinking he was shaken by whatever he saw, dropped his ice cream, and tried to explain what happened by pointing to the direction his sister had gone.
That's also why I think this was a stranger abduction. If the perpetrator was known to him, he would have been able to identify the person and he would not have been so upset. Imo

Last edited:
Are the orange shoes soccer shoes?
Not cleats but the the really flat futsals
I'm not sure but I bet he hasn't worn them since.
Hopefully someone close to him will consider the description of what he was wearing along with any other unusual behavior lately.
That might be the best chance of finding this guy. Someone who knows or suspects him may call in. Hopefully LE has already had some tips and are following up on leads. Imo

Hi to you all and locals to Bridgeton NJ. Just adding my 2 cents here to the discussion. Just hope I'm not rambling on.

Our family owns a home on the bay about 20 minutes from Bridgeton, NJ. I was in Bridgeton last week from Saturday through Tuesday 9/17 at our home. Just a few things that I felt were "different" that weekend I wanted to throw out there. I've been going to the bay area with my family for about 20 years and had felt a few things seemed different than usual. Someone mentioned to check the Bridgeton Walmart cameras from Sunday (awesome idea!). I was actually there shopping on Sunday and it was extremely crowded....so much so that I was thinking there must be a festival or something going on. I had never seen it so crowded! There has to be a lot of camera footage. After leaving, we drove back to the bay and passed by one of the agricultural fields. Across the street are shacks where the field workers stay short term. Anyways, you normally only see 2-3 men standing outside. There are only three shacks that house about 2 men. On Sunday, there had to have been at least two dozen men standing outside. That was the first time in 20 years I've seen that many men and thought it was highly unusual.

I'm just bringing this up, because it seemed the town was over crowded that weekend so maybe the perp was someone visiting?

Also, the signs for the zoo/playground area can clearly been seen from the road that runs through Bridgeton so it could have been an out of towner who noticed the sign while casing the area.

Thanks for reading.
Brilliant observations and just may be worth pointing it out to LE. When you are in it so to speak ( I mean as in the middle of the investigation) your mind is going 1000 to 1 and you cannot always think clearly and /or think through even the simplest of things and as a SIO in charge of major investigations , I have always said that the investigations are solved by us all working together as a team which includes the public ! So please, give them a quick call as it may be something that’s been overlooked and is a lead x

Wondering with the description of the POI we haven't heard anything about an age range...find that kind of odd. We have some other very detailed information and imo that would be an important detail for the public to know.

Did a quick search for sex offenders in the Bridgeton area..53 came up.Im sure LE has checked this out but curious in any are located in close proximity to the park. When I have more time I will look into it.

MOO
I find that odd as well, that there is no age range given. Somebody supposedly saw him close enough to notice acne, but no idea of how old he might be. Anyhow, acne and colorful clothing suggest someone younger?

Actually at this point I don't suspect a rage/revenge killing, I was pointing out what I've observed over the years. IOW, in cases where SA is involved I've seen bodies recovered in short distances from the abduction point, whether or not the perp is a stranger or known to family whereas in cases where a caregiver (often not the bio parent) kills a child as retaliation to their partner or rage over an imagined incident the child is often found further away.

Again, there are exceptions - Skylea Carmack was found in her own home for example. But more often than not rage/retaliation child murderers seem to dump the body further away. IMO and just a personal theory I think it's because a sexual predator wants to distance themselves as far away as possible from their act while angry caregivers/boyfriends/girlfriends simply want to avoid getting caught. A subtle difference as neither wants to be caught but I think there's a psychological effect at play. MOO.

ETA: And yes, this one's a stumper. I can't get my head into it as it's all over the place.
In the UK we have a database called CATCHEM and it gives projections on details such as this , statistical information about how quickly children are likely to be recovered and how far away etc and it’s usually pretty accurate. Do you have anything like this in the USA?

The red pants!? It is making sense now !

Not to be stereotypical here but a lot of Mexican immigrants in my area wear very loud colors on a regular basis. A lot tend to be poor and can’t afford much in clothing so they wear a lot of stuff from goodwill or hand me downs which don’t always match. If they are farm workers they don’t care about matching or what color clothing they wear.

When I heard the description of the possible suspect my first thought (and my husbands first thought) was he’s Mexican. He’s short and wore loud colored clothing

I believe she was watched and followed. Maybe even more than just that one day. I think this may have been going on for some time.

The younger kids were let out first to go to the playground, which was about 30-50 yards away.
Ten minutes later the three year old came back crying. The mom looked for her daughter, who she thought was hiding. Her brother pointed to the buildings when she asked where she went.
She looked for her for about 45 minutes and then called police.

And yes, she is a very young mother, but teenage pregnancy is not a crime. Imo

She is in those buildings. Kids not smart enough to lie

It absolutely sucks, and the more I watch, read & ponder, I'm personally leaning towards her being in the park.... :(

I am, too. I usually look at maps better, so I'm talking off the top of my head. But that treeline is way too close for comfort. Then again, Amber Alerts don't materialize out of nothingness. I'm torn.

I think most parks or playgrounds are considered safe but they are also filled with children and this guy may have been watching them and waiting for an opportunity to make a move. He may even be known to the family and somehow knew they were going there.
The area where she disappeared is apparently obscured by buildings so he could have been between the buildings and lured her to a secluded spot and then quickly put her in the car.
It only takes a minute. I would think one of the kids playing in the playground would have been likely to see something, though. Imo

surprised there was not a scream as she would not have wanted to leave her brother, but maybe the abductor covered her mouth immediately. the number of people who own orange shoes AND a red van is finite.

A red van is not a rare car in our area. Especially a minivan. It’s not a strange car. I went to ShopRite yesterday and there were two just in the row that I parked in. My ex mother in law had a red minivan for years. I believe it was a Chevy lumina.

I have found this "red van" Alert odd. Are they asking that people report every single red van they see? Any idea how many red vans are registered in NJ/PA?
Does not actually seem to be a common color for vans, IMO.
I hear you. I don't remember if I've ever seen a red van locally. Yesterday morning, while turning into the parking area of the local grocery store and coffee house, I see one pulling out...more maroon than red and large - like a Ford Econoline. All I could do was stare at it as I'm a bit over-sensitized to red vans at the moment.

Makes one wonder - is this suspicious? Does it need to be reported? Will I disrupt some random person's life just because he's/she's driving a certain vehicle?

To reiterate, I do live several counties north of where Dulce was taken and I did look at the driver - a young male with blonde hair. I was not able to get a license plate..and I did not have my phone (a rare occurrence), or I probably would have called it in despite wondering if I was just being paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova