Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm having a tough time right now but in the grand scheme of things I understand I am fortunate. This case is getting to me not just because I'm a jersey girl but because I understand that sometimes life can become overwhelming and taking a step away could be relieving. Which is what I am hoping Mark did.. just needed to get away from whatever may have been overwhelming him.
Make sure you eat well and get a sleep aid from a dr if you need it. I know first hand what can happen if you don't keep yourself healthy. Hang in there!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Here is a passage from an on article on new research regarding perfectionism in and suicide:

"Adaptability seems to be the outstanding difference in the link between perfectionism and suicide. As was mentioned earlier, four defining characteristics emerged from Kiamanesh’s research: 1) success-driven personality, 2) fear of failure, 3) keeping up false appearances, and 4) rigidity.

Just under the surface of their successful façades was a maelstrom of emotional conflict and turmoil.
Now, by all accounts, family and friends who were interviewed described their deceased loved ones as high-functioning, successful, personally well-adjusted men right up until the moment they killed themselves. But the research reveals that something far more dark and insidious was at work. Just under the surface of their successful façades was a maelstrom of emotional conflict and turmoil.

At this intersection between expectation and performance, adaptability becomes vital for the perfectionist, especially regarding lowering standards where necessary. Noticeably missing from maladaptive perfectionist’s common features is the mental flexibility needed to overcome interpersonal challenges associated with perfectionism."

Bears....you don't have to hide how you feel. And don't be embarrassed about oversharing - there is no such thing!!

Here is a passage from an on article on new research regarding perfectionism in and suicide:

"Adaptability seems to be the outstanding difference in the link between perfectionism and suicide. As was mentioned earlier, four defining characteristics emerged from Kiamanesh’s research: 1) success-driven personality, 2) fear of failure, 3) keeping up false appearances, and 4) rigidity.

Just under the surface of their successful façades was a maelstrom of emotional conflict and turmoil.
Now, by all accounts, family and friends who were interviewed described their deceased loved ones as high-functioning, successful, personally well-adjusted men right up until the moment they killed themselves. But the research reveals that something far more dark and insidious was at work. Just under the surface of their successful façades was a maelstrom of emotional conflict and turmoil.

At this intersection between expectation and performance, adaptability becomes vital for the perfectionist, especially regarding lowering standards where necessary. Noticeably missing from maladaptive perfectionist’s common features is the mental flexibility needed to overcome interpersonal challenges associated with perfectionism."

Bears....you don't have to hide how you feel. And don't be embarrassed about oversharing - there is no such thing!!

Thank you for that songbird. I just want to be clear suicide is not on my mind in the slightest. But I can't say I haven't fantasized about an extended solo vaca in the carribean :)

Truly, we never know what's going on in someone's mind or in their private lives. I know you know Mark well and think a voluntary disappearance or affair is out of character for him, but we can't rule those types of things out. Hopefully me sharing my raw and embarrassing emotions can help us all understand that while we think we are confident of what someone would or wouldn't do - in reality they may just be good at hiding things. To be honest I think it'd be best if in Mark's situation he was just overwhelmed like me and needed a break (which I don't need, but I can understand why someone would). The other alternatives aren't as optimistic IMO

Ok this article has loads more info with more quotes from his wife. Police confirm they have no evidence that he got on the bus other than a bloodhound tracking a scent there.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...llies-try-find-missing-oradell-man/591797001/

I question the accuracy of dogs in MP cases. Another case I've been following people are taking the dog's scent as gospel. Of course the dog is going to smell the scent of the MP 10 feet away from the MP's car!! I wonder if our scents linger longer and further than LE realizes.

<modsnip>

I know him but not WELL. Acquaintance. Nonetheless I pray for his return,

I know him but not WELL. Acquaintance. Nonetheless I pray for his return,

I do as well. Also praying for wife and kids. I think there is more that we (the public) are not being told (which is fine and expected) and I think it's really likely that Mark will return and we won't hear anything further other an local rumors. Which is okay with me because he will be home.

I do as well. Also praying for wife and kids. I think there is more that we (the public) are not being told (which is fine and expected) and I think it's really likely that Mark will return and we won't hear anything further other an local rumors. Which is okay with me because he will be home.

From your mouth to God's ears. I'm going to stay positive in my thoughts.

In one article I read, his wife was quoted as saying he was annoyed with the condition of the laundry room and the amount of clothes that amassed to be washed. I think he was just fed up, possibly with his adult children, and took off.

In one article I read, his wife was quoted as saying he was annoyed with the condition of the laundry room and the amount of clothes that amassed to be washed. I think he was just fed up, possibly with his adult children, and took off.

You do know his adult children don't live in his house right?

He sounds simply amazing. I hope he is ok....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok this article has loads more info with more quotes from his wife. Police confirm they have no evidence that he got on the bus other than a bloodhound tracking a scent there.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...llies-try-find-missing-oradell-man/591797001/
That was a good article. This guy seems like Mr. Perfect leading me to believe that he would never disappear voluntarily without some contact with family. Then I ask myself - why would he just leave the house without telling his wife where he was going? Whether I'm heading out on a walk or in the car to do errands, I always tell my wife where Im headed and he seems more polite and thoughtful than most people I know. I assume she was home when he left because she didnt say otherwise. Also, did he often leave his phone at home? I don't go anywhere or even walk the dog without bringng my phone with me. Hoping for his safe return whatever the cause of his departure might be.

That was a good article. This guy seems like Mr. Perfect leading me to believe that he would never disappear voluntarily without some contact with family. Then I ask myself - why would he just leave the house without telling his wife where he was going? Whether I'm heading out on a walk or in the car to do errands, I always tell my wife where Im headed and he seems more polite and thoughtful than most people I know. I assume she was home when he left because she didnt say otherwise. Also, did he often leave his phone at home? I don't go anywhere or even walk the dog without bringng my phone with me. Hoping for his safe return whatever the cause of his departure might be.
True, I think that's the biggest clue. He didn't disappear from a place he was going. He left without telling her he was leaving or where he was going. That would be almost too coincidental to slip out without telling your wife and then be taken by foul play 10 minutes later..... yeah, unlikely

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just spent over ½ hr reviewing this thread and had to remove 34 posts. Nay nay !!

Psychic discussion and links to them are off-limits.
Wild *** speculation is off-limits. Speculation should be based on some semblance of fact (so not CIA, gambling, criminal activity, etc).

Please stay on topic.

The Rules:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

:wave:

Yes I find that odd too. No phone, and no heads up to the wife ... both odd, even for a short errand, especially because Mark is so meticulous, and no wallet to go into the city seems odd as well. And If he were meeting with a shady character why would he leave without the wallet? ok, possibly no phone you don't want to be tracked, but why no wallet ? And the keys, are they to the house? Are they to his office in the city? probably both. It just feels either very impulsive, or a -leave it all behind- decision. Which would make the finality of the Scotland trip right before a way of saying goodbye. In the photo on his wife's facebook -on the bench made from the red boat, taken in Scotland, he looks very stressed out to me. Or conflicted somehow. but maybe I'm just reading into it.

I noticed that too, but I thought it was me. He is a very handsome man, but I noticed he is much thinner and looked older and sort of haggard in his most recent pics. And not like a not normal weight loss, but stress or illness related.
Glad I'm not alone. I noticed this originally and didn't say anything. A couple days later I checked again, and O think its very noticable.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sometimes when people have jobs like he has often make you extremely caring and loving. (Can't say he really isn't in the least) they are that way, because that is how you earn your money. People spread your "awesomeness" and your attentiveness, you keep clients trusting you, and that drives money every time they are successful, it's a reflection of you. Those clients in turn, also drive new clients to you. Onve again I'm not saying he wasn't truly those things, but as mentioned above, you keep things to yourself and you roll with things. It becomes such a habit, especially if it pays your bills. I have another suspicion as well, but I'll sit on my hands a little while. This is truly baffling and I notice a few little things are slowly being phased out in the reporting also. One article actual removed a whole line in their article. So, I have a feeling there are larger clues in his disappearance. I'm also concerned about some personal things that have not been present in any article that I have seen. Sometimes things not said, or done speaks volumes to me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Two of Schlegel's colleagues put together a ******** page that has raised more than $37,000 from more than 400 people in less than 24 hours, with donations continuing to pour in.

(snipped)

Mark Schlegel, who works for Cornerstone Talent Agency in Manhattan, was last seen near Soldier Hill Road on Aug. 13 around 3:30 p.m. with a bag in his hand. He left home without his identification or credit cards, and possibly with $60 in cash, for an unknown destination.

(snipped)

Christine Schlegel described the past 10 days as an "out-of-body experience." She said her children's friends mobilized in their home, with laptops throughout the house for the first two days of Mark's disappearance, spreading the word on social media and seeing what else they could do to help.

Over the next week, friends and relatives posted photos of Schlegel throughout Oradell and New York City, with signs at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and subway stations throughout Manhattan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83
Back