NJ NJ - Mindy Jordan, 46, missing from cruise ship off Atlantic City, 11 May 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's possible she fell overboard because of being foolish, being drunk, being drunk and foolish, etc.
What bothers me is her boyfriend continuing the trip. I mean wth kind of person continues a cruise after his love goes overboard?

One who didn't really love her or one who helped her go overboard.

I have been on several cruises...one during hurricane weather. :eek: I think it would be really hard to accidentally fall off. I question the boyfriend as well. I am sure they would have let him off the ship if he were so distraught. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm not saying it can't happen...but, I'm not so sure this was an accident. :waitasec:

I am with you browneyes. It is not easy at all to fall over the rails.... Especially because she was so short. They are going to find out the boyfriend did it. I would bet on it. :( I have cruised on about 8 different lines and none of the ships were that easy to fall off of. I have been on more than 50 cruises so I have seen a lot of ships. Something is fishy here!

I wonder if this woman had any history of high risk behavior prior to this. Climbing over the railing is insane, especially in rough weather. I'm having trouble buying that this was an accident.

I am going on my first cruise next month. I am already scared in some ways. This has happened more times than I like to think about. I know it is rare when you consider the number of people who go on cruises, but it is too many. It really dampens my enthusiam for the cruise. I hope they find out what happened.

Go and enjoy your cruise. There is nothing to be afraid of.
:blowkiss:

Ever since the George Smith case, and Im not sying the wife had anything to do with it, I just thought it was perfect for this very scenario- I hope thy check if he has insurnace on her and the rest-

This is sad. I think there's something hinky too. I went on a cruise but couldn't have imagined falling overboard, and yes, we partied a lot!

It reminds me of that groom who fell overboard. Kind of OT, but what ever happened with that case, anyone know?

Eve

This doesn't make sense at all. I do not believe that she would climb from one balcony to another. Couple that with her boyfriend continuing on...Hmmm...Check for a life insurance policy...

Unless they release eyewitness accounts of her climbing the rails and information that the boyfriend was not allowed off of the ship, my money is on this being a homicide.

Norwegian Cruise Line has released a statement that Mindy was climbing from balcony to balcony, as stated by her BF I'm sure. And in all fairness her BF was not able to leave the ship. I'm still not buying Mindy using the ship as a jungle gym though. The FBI is expected to go board the ship when it docks in Bermuda tomorrow.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2583

(snips)
Jordan, who was reported overboard Sunday evening at approximately 7:50 p.m. EDT, had apparently been attempting to move from one balcony to an adjacent one by climbing on the rail while the ship was underway, says a spokesperson from Norwegian Cruise Line.

Jordan's fiance, Jorge Caputo, is said to be devastated by the loss. He will remain onboard at least until the ship reaches Bermuda since there were no intermediate ports of call and no way for him to leave the vessel.

I can't seem to find any close- up pics of the side of this ship.... I'm so curious to see how on earth they could be saying she was trying to climb from one cabin to the next but I'm staying open minded until I see pictures.

J.

It's possible to do that, but she had to be insane if she was doing it in gale force winds. I just don't believe that story.

I think this is one of those times when I'll wait to see what any other possible witnesses might say. For now all we've heard is from the bf. BUT, as their traveling companion couple were in the next room, it's feasible she may have been trying to go from their balcony to their friend's. IF the other couple cooberate the bf's story, then I'd definitely say that's what happened.

Until then, IMO, the jury is out.

JMHO
fran

There are partitions between each balcony for privacy. I don't believe anyone would attempt to go between one balcony to another. I'll just have to wait and see what transpires....but this has me scratching my head. :waitasec:

Also, the ship left for Bermuda at 4 pm and she went missing a little over 3 hours later? I'm not sure I believe she got that drunk in that short of time.

http://wcbstv.com/seenon/woman.overboard.death.2.723277.html

The woman who fell to her apparent death off a cruise ship on Mother's Day off the coast of Atlantic City was the victim of an abusive relationship, her mother told CBS 2.

Louise Horton said she saved her daughter's voice message fearing the worst – that because of an abusive relationship, she wouldn't come home.

"Abusive relationships don't get better," she told CBS 2.

Horton's fears came true when authorities say her 46-year-old daughter, Mindy Jordan, mysteriously plunged off a Norwegian Dawn cruise ship Sunday. Horton says she found out about the tragedy from Jordan's boyfriend, Jorge Caputo, who nonchalantly called from the ship. (more at link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back