NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bbm
Yes -- the news report, assuming it was accurate, <choke> said there was a shot to his head and to his back, which indicated to LE that it was not a suicide. We will probably find out more about where in fact those shots were if they were not as originally reported.
Like many of us, I think this crime has money problems all over it, as you stated. I do think it was premeditated, but the planning and/or staging of it was poorly done. But if this thing isn't solved, I may have to eat these words.

We'll just, as usual, have to wait & see. Four people are dead now because of this "whatever-it-is," and the families of those who died and the People of the State of New Jersey deserve justice.
Right now, LE appears to be behaving in a particular way: They know who did it, and they have their man.

Obviously we’ll learn a hell of a lot more on Wednesday.

I definitely think this was financially motivated.

This crime was too brazen, too sloppy, for the killer not to have left tremendous evidence behind. I think the killer made mistakes, because this was an emotional crime.

I’d kill to have a specific timeline.

Hmmm... 14 years ago is shallow water under a very old bridge. MOO

Yes, it is awhile ago, and I don’t mean to sound like I’m blaming the victim at all. But when people are known to have a temper, they can easily acquire enemies, whether neighbor, business contact or brother. I’ve managed to live 50 years as an adult without being arrested for assault, or anything else. So I’m always a little surprised at stuff like that and think it’s significant.
JMO

Or it didn't go as planned. Maybe he's been watching the Watts case and strangled all the females successfully... planning to shoot Keith once in the head. Then maybe Keith woke up and ran, necessitating the shot to the back as well. It could have been the plan that just didn't turn out like he hoped.

BBM
I quite like the bolded part of your post - imo PC`s mugshot says exactly this.

I'd be interested to know if PC called/texted KC after the early-morning fire at his home. Seems like something a brother would want to share with a brother.
Great point. If your house caught on fire at 5am and everyone ran out in their pajamas, and your brother/business partner had a nearby huge mansion, wouldn't the natural thing to do be to send the wife and daughters to stay over there? Oh wait, honey, you can't go over there because of the dead bodies and fire about to erupt at 12pm? Let's just sit in this car for hours.

I'd be interested to know if PC called/texted KC after the early-morning fire at his home. Seems like something a brother would want to share with a brother.

Not only his brother, but his boss (or business partner, whichever). I’d text my boss who isn’t a family member to let them know the situation.

I would think Keith would have been the first one he would call after the fire department.

Great point. If your house caught on fire at 5am and everyone ran out in their pajamas, and your brother/business partner had a nearby huge mansion, wouldn't the natural thing to do be to send the wife and daughters to stay over there? Oh wait, honey, you can't go over there because of the dead bodies and fire about to erupt at 12pm? Let's just sit in this car for hours.

I wonder if LE told them all to stay put because the fire was suspicious. But it seems so strange to just sit there if they didn’t have to.

Not only his brother, but his boss (or business partner, whichever). I’d text my boss who isn’t a family member to let them know the situation.

Bingo about the text or phone call! If he didn’t call, it’s huge! I wonder if he did call and it set off the explosion/fire remotely. We talked about that possibility earlier.

HLN is covering airing an episode of “The Hunt” right now which reminded me of this case. The dad is the suspected murderer, but the children and wife’s throats were cut and the wife was shot. Then the house was arsoned and “exploded” the next day.

Police: Dad kills family, burns down home and flees - CNN

That’s chilling. He’s been missing for 17 years. It explains how he set up the fire...severed a gas line, poured gasoline in the house and lit a candle. Ten hours later, the house exploded and burned down. So we know how it can be done. I wonder if there was a “gas leak” (ahem) at Keith’s house.

Actually if my house was on fire...I would stay there waiting and watching the entire time. My best friend's house caught fire and I went to get her pets that escaped the fire. The home was a total loss. We all stayed there watching along with some neighbors and the firemen of course. I talked to a very nice male neighbor most of the time. A month later...the "nice male neighbor" turned out to be the guy who set the fire. I was totally spooked out after that.

There funds for victims of violent crime, no? I'm just surprised that the entire community isn't wrapping them in their arms. I'm probably giving it way more importance than it deserves since the person who wrote it was young.
I was sitting on my hands earlier when people were skeptical of it being normal for the area for parents to buy their kids luxury cars. If you drive past my hometowns high school parking lot, there are PLENTY of bimmers, benzs, Audi’s, range rovers, etc. it’s really not unusual for the area. Same goes for many surrounding towns. Jme
Yes! The mafia kids got *really* nice cars

I lived in this area and am still wondering if the mafia was involved. How would PC kill 3 people and not have ripped up hands, or blood on his clothes that would transfer to his car? Bloody footprints? That's so bizarre. Maybe someone else did it for him? Maybe someone else did it to scare the crap out of him? Maybe there Was blood and they're not telling us?

It's reported (ha) that PC's family have been let back into the house to get things but can't stay there.

I lived in this area and am still wondering if the mafia was involved. How would PC kill 3 people and not have ripped up hands, or blood on his clothes that would transfer to his car? Bloody footprints? That's so bizarre. Maybe someone else did it for him? Maybe someone else did it to scare the crap out of him? Maybe there Was blood and they're not telling us?

It's reported (ha) that PC's family have been let back into the house to get things but can't stay there.

If they were stabbed in their beds, sleeping, the bedding would likely have absorbed all the blood and prevented it from getting on the assailant or spread around much. Plus the fire would have destroyed a lot of it.

If they were stabbed in their beds, sleeping, the bedding would likely have absorbed all the blood and prevented it from getting on the assailant or spread around much. Plus the fire would have destroyed a lot of it.
Right - but to have nothing on him or the car? Nothing at all? Unless someone was wearing a hazmat suit I don't see how they could happen. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen; just that I can't imagine it.

Right - but to have nothing on him or the car? Nothing at all? Unless someone was wearing a hazmat suit I don't see how they could happen. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen; just that I can't imagine it.

There certainly might be and probably are small amounts of blood around. I'm just saying that it wouldn't have to have been a visibly bloody scene.

Not that they'd release that kind of information before any trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back