Found Deceased NJ - Nicholas Pratico, 18, West Windsor, 19 Sept 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The shirt he is wearing in his college ID photo matches the one he is wearing in the security camera images from "moments before he disappeared." The photo was most likely taken the same day as he attended the freshman orientation. He almost looks like a different person than the photos on the posters. He had been suffering for some time, IMO.

Rest in Peace, kiddo ... :tears:

praticoID.jpg

nicholas-pratico-6dce9034a9841310.png

Yeah just now looking at the photo he does look like something was going on. i have seen his youtube vids even the most recent, and it looks like two different people. I wonder if he ever confided in one of his friends maybe they can shed some light.

Questions need to be asked of everyone that knew him.

Some Quick Observations from the recent pics i have seen of the place where they found him.

I have tagged the images

In this pic you can see the tarp they use to shield the person from people taking pics... Also i see a what looks like a bed sheet tightly wrapped around one of the trees and the other end seems to be long enough that it's extending beyond the tarp.
attachment.php
In this next one you can see them collect evidence with the brown bags, but also you see a woman holding what looks like a water bottle, or soda, or liquor bottle.
attachment.php
And in this one, and i may be seeing things but you can see what looks like his leg hanging there you can see black pants, and blue socks or shoes, and it's not touching the ground.
attachment.php

It appears that he had that bed sheet in his backpack when he went to college that day (unless you can buy that stuff on campus).

I wonder if this was planned like did he know he was going to do this that day, or was this something he planned days before??

What is the significance of dropping his Id (that alone means something, but i am trying to figure it out).

His family close friends need to be questioned about what his demeanor was like the days before this happened, and also the day of.

So many questions Nick, i wish i could know why you felt this was the only way to end your sadness. or why you couldn't confide in someone i know if you had you would never have had to do this.

The source of the pics is http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/10/college_teens_body_found_during_k-9_search.html

Attachments

• -6889d15a07544935.jpg
    -6889d15a07544935.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 189
  • -a1f5015c703aa248.jpg
    -a1f5015c703aa248.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 183
  • -7ea160c62ae1ac2d.jpg
    -7ea160c62ae1ac2d.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 191
The shirt he is wearing in his college ID photo matches the one he is wearing in the security camera images from "moments before he disappeared." The photo was most likely taken the same day as he attended the freshman orientation. He almost looks like a different person than the photos on the posters. He had been suffering for some time, IMO.

Rest in Peace, kiddo ... :tears:

praticoID.jpg

nicholas-pratico-6dce9034a9841310.png

I can’t help but wonder what makes a person take steps toward a future, like taking tests, registering, getting an ID, when you are planning to commit suicide later. It seems so pointless. Thoughts? MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t help but wonder what makes a person take steps toward a future, like taking tests, registering, getting an ID, when you are planning to commit suicide later. It seems so pointless. Thoughts? MOO

From what we've seen, he seems like a high achieving person. Perhaps he also had a learning disability and struggled with the placement test--it could be this wasn't the first time he took the test and he felt like this was his last chance. Being a high achiever, he might have been hard on himself and if he felt he didn't do well on the test, maybe that was his motivation to cross the street and end his life. If that bed sheet was in his backpack, if he was prepared to take his life when he left home that morning, then why would he bother going through the motions of freshman orientation? Maybe he was willing to give it a try, but prepared for the possibility that it might not go well. That is the hardest thing for me to fathom--the indication that he pre-planned this, but went through with orientation anyway.

I feel like maybe he held out a little hope that he wouldn’t hate it when he attended the orientation, but he did, so he went through with his plan.

Funeral services for Nick will be Monday, Oct. 30, 2017, from 9 a.m. to noon at St. Anthony Roman Catholic Church, The church is located at 626 South Olden Avenue in Hamilton, NJ

The funeral follows at noon at the church. There will be no calling hours at the funeral home, and interment will be private.

Here is Nick's Obit.. ( very emotional he was involved in alot of stuff helping others I wish someone was there to help you when you needed it.)

http://www.brennafuneralhome.com/obituary/nicholas-pratico

As someone who has struggled with suicide off and on my entire life, most of the time you don’t want to be suicidal. In my experience and with my friends who have struggled with this, people become suicidal often because they are not able to cope with mental illnesses/disabilities, an undiagnosed chemical imbalance or sometimes even prolonged abuse. Many of us really tried to make life work and it comes in waves, where we may not constantly feel like we have to die every single day. Every suicidal person I know has made steps towards a future even if they don’t feel like it will actually pan out.

Suicide actually happens either when you genuinely feel like you have run out of options, like you have exhausted every single outlet for a happy future away from depression or it happens immediately in a flash decision before you can stop yourself, after a long struggle.

These are experiences I have collected not only from my own life, but from thoroughly discussing this with other people who have struggled with chronic depression or PTSD, like me. I hope this could help.

As someone who has struggled with suicide off and on my entire life, most of the time you don’t want to be suicidal. In my experience and with my friends who have struggled with this, people become suicidal often because they are not able to cope with mental illnesses/disabilities, an undiagnosed chemical imbalance or sometimes even prolonged abuse. Many of us really tried to make life work and it comes in waves, where we may not constantly feel like we have to die every single day. Every suicidal person I know has made steps towards a future even if they don’t feel like it will actually pan out.

Suicide actually happens either when you genuinely feel like you have run out of options, like you have exhausted every single outlet for a happy future away from depression or it happens immediately in a flash decision before you can stop yourself, after a long struggle.

These are experiences I have collected not only from my own life, but from thoroughly discussing this with other people who have struggled with chronic depression or PTSD, like me. I hope this could help.

Thank you so much for sharing, Kittwn. I have struggled with depression -with suicide adiation- and PTSD ever since teenage years and agree with everything you said. Please take good care of yourself.

Having read Nicky’s obit and so many heartfelt condolences, I’m sitting here with tears streaming down my face. What a beautiful soul he was.

I think about Nick almost every day. The video of all his friends sending love asking him to come home, and the one of him singing "Looking Through A Window" both moved me in different ways. I watched movies he made in high school and seemed so bright and happy, which makes it even sadder to imagine what he was going through. It's the kind of thing you could watch and marvel at how much fun he was and easy to romanticise that situation, but this shows you never truly know what's going on.

One interesting thing I noticed from his instagram is that his soccer teammate killed himself the previous year. Nick's tribute caption made it seem like they weren't too close, saying something like "we may have had our differences", but an quote posted here from Nick's close friend describes the person who killed himself as "Nick's best friend" and that the loss upset him greatly. It makes me wonder which was true. Also Nick was a big fan of Dear Evan Hansen, which is a story of suicide and I would hope would have given him a message that suicide wasn't the answer. I think there could be clues in his teammate's suicide to the bigger picture if they were indeed best friends.

Nick was an incredible singer and performer, athletic, handsome, kind, and more. It has been months, but no further information on what happened- probably nobody really knows or what was going on with him was likely kept private within the family. It is haunting and such a sad loss to not have him on the planet anymore, and you grasp for meaning in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83
Back