Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 #3 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven’t even seen official word that the deliberations had begun - but app is reporting verdict can come soon? Maybe they are just speculating?
This morning, the headline was “Sarah Stern verdict could come any moment,” and then a couple of hours ago, it was changed to “... could come soon” ....

Other than that, there have been no updates.

If memory serves me correctly, this has never happened since the trial started.

Last edited:
This morning, the headline was “Sarah Stern verdict could come any moment,” and then a couple of hours ago, it was changed to “... could come soon” ....

Other than that, there have been no updates.

If memory serves me correctly, this has never happened since the beginning of the trial.
Huh.Do you think that means anything?

I keep checking for headlines and updates but nothing yet.
I hope the Jury has it by now, if Judge English maybe gave his instructions first thing after lunch break.... But that's just supposition.

Sarah Stern suspect's lawyer: 'Without a body there is no murder'

“FREEHOLD - Liam McAtasney’s defense attorney spent more than two hours telling jurors there is reasonable doubt to keep them from convicting him of the murder of childhood friend Sarah Stern.

[SBM]

‘If we don’t have a body, and we have a witness who says he saw the individual hours and hours and hours after the state says she was killed, we do not have a murder.‘

Christopher Decker, assistant Monmouth County prosecutor, is about to deliver the state’s closing argument.

[SBM]” (BBM)

“FREEHOLD - Liam McAtasney’s defense attorney spent more than two hours telling jurors there is reasonable doubt to keep them from convicting him of the murder of childhood friend Sarah Stern.

[SBM]

‘If we don’t have a body, and we have a witness who says he saw the individual hours and hours and hours after the state says she was killed, we do not have a murder.‘

Christopher Decker, assistant Monmouth County prosecutor, is about to deliver the state’s closing argument.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Insane... Wasting two + more hours spewing lies. Adding two more hours of grief onto the Stern family who I'm sure just want JUSTICE and for this to be OVER... All has been so selfish to me to continue to put a family through hell.

[SBM]

[SBM]” (BBM)
A napkin could figure out the truth!

[SBM]

[SBM]” (BBM)
One of the photos in above article is captioned :

Carlos Diaz-Cobo, defense attorney, amends the language in the judge's charge to the jury before closing statements during the trial of Liam McAtasney, who is charged with the murder of former high school classmate, Sarah Stern, before Superior Court Judge Richard W. English at the Monmouth County Courthouse in Freehold, NJ Friday, February 22, 2019.
TANYA BREEN

Anyone here have any insight as to what that means ?

One of the photos in above article is captioned :

Carlos Diaz-Cobo, defense attorney, amends the language in the judge's charge to the jury before closing statements during the trial of Liam McAtasney, who is charged with the murder of former high school classmate, Sarah Stern, before Superior Court Judge Richard W. English at the Monmouth County Courthouse in Freehold, NJ Friday, February 22, 2019.
TANYA BREEN

Anyone here have any insight as to what that means ?

Ah, this is what they've been doing today.

The charge to the jury is when the judge reads the charges against the defendent and the corresponding law to the jury before they begin deliberations, so the defense must have wanted some changes in wording.

Jury charging statements are usually long and I think they are kind of dumb because no one can pay attention to that mess for longer than a few minutes. At least I can't.

Ah, this is what they've been doing today.

The charge to the jury is when the judge reads the charges against the defendent and the corresponding law to the jury before they begin deliberations, so the defense must have wanted some changes in wording.

Jury charging statements are usually long and I think they are kind of dumb because no one can pay attention to that mess for longer than a few minutes. At least I can't.
Thank u!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back