Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along the same lines. If something went down at the house, there could have been 2 perps, one in her car, one in the 'getaway' car. They could have moved her car to move suspicion from the house, and then all gotten away in the other car.

From what everyone's said though, this would have happened so quickly, especially if the area was patrolled so regularly by local LE.

I was thinking along the same lines. If something went down at the house, there could have been 2 perps, one in her car, one in the 'getaway' car. They could have moved her car to move suspicion from the house, and then all gotten away in the other car. From what everyone's said though, this would have happened so quickly, especially if the area was patrolled so regularly by local LE.
Depending on how LE is positioned and traffic cams, it's possible the PERP(s) could have obscured the view of the transfer of cars by using one to shield the view of the other. Have one car right in front of the other side-by-side, move girl through the car doors... if they're sandwiched together LE may not have been able to see it.

Or make it look like SS car had broken down and they were going for help or something along those lines. My guess is whatever happened it took place at the house. The car was most likely a diversion to make everyone think it was a suicide at first and give the PERPs more getaway time

Or make it look like SS car had broken down and they were going for help or something along those lines. My guess is whatever happened it took place at the house. The car was most likely a diversion to make everyone think it was a suicide at first and give the PERPs more getaway time
That would make sense. If we were to explore the possibility of a scenerio like this, then the PERP(s) would have to be smart, know the area well, possibly also know Sarah or have stalked her to orchestrate such a plan, most likely this situation would not have been a random/impulsive abduction. And likely fled to a less patrolled area like you said.

NJ is the most densely populated state in the entire country. Someone would had to have seen something at some point. NJ isnt an easy state to disappear in. Especially monmouth county, and especially a small shore town like belmar. But nothings impossible, if the PERPs made it out of monmouth county, they are most likely out of state by now.

NJ is the most densely populated state in the entire country. Someone would had to have seen something at some point. NJ isnt an easy state to disappear in. Especially monmouth county, and especially a small shore town like belmar. But nothings impossible, if the PERPs made it out of monmouth county, they are most likely out of state by now.
True, it is a busy place. I heard that there were some leads but they ended up going nowhere. It just baffles me that there have been no leads or tips that have given solid clues to where she has gone. At this point I'm just hoping someone comes forward with any information that can help.

If I were the PERP i would have taken RT35 to Allaire road, then headed out towards allaire state park, a very quiet area, and onto rt 195 which is quiet and not patrolled much at night. Then its a straight shot to the turnpike and the into Philly not long after. Millions of places to hide in a big city like that. Im curious as to what her phome records will show. Will they show her phones location as never leaving the house? Or maybe where she was in that 3 hour window. I dont know many 19 y/o girls who go anywhere with out their phone.

I am a voulnteer firefighter from one of the surrounding towns around belmar. This is what i know and think. The RT 35 bridge is one of the worst places to abdict someone. Its on an extremely busy road, at the southbound base of the bridge there is usually ( 99.9% of the time ) a Neptune PD cop running traffic because the off ramp lesding onto RT35 is a huge speed trap for them. Likely anyone heading onto the bridge would have been noticed. Additionally at the opposite end of the brigde in Belmar, the Belmar PD runs traffic / radar 99.9% of the time with a clear view of over 70% of the bridge due to the architecture of the bridge. I find that the spot where her car was found was in good view of where Belmar PD parks an officer to run radar for traffic coming off the bridge. I believe that whoever did take her knew of these circumstances and planned this whole situation down to a T. With both neptune and belmar being sleepy NJ beach towns, the average response time for a 911 call is under 2 minute for a police response, with the surrounding areas being heavily patrolled by overstaffed police departments lookimg for any reason to pull someone over. Rt35 has one cop every few miles or so, making me believe that this person had a planned escape route through the lesser patrolled neighborhoods, most likely in Wall NJ towards the Garden State Parkway. If anyone else has an idea Id love to hear it.

I am a voulnteer firefighter from one of the surrounding towns around belmar. This is what i know and think. The RT 35 bridge is one of the worst places to abdict someone. Its on an extremely busy road, at the southbound base of the bridge there is usually ( 99.9% of the time ) a Neptune PD cop running traffic because the off ramp lesding onto RT35 is a huge speed trap for them. Likely anyone heading onto the bridge would have been noticed. Additionally at the opposite end of the brigde in Belmar, the Belmar PD runs traffic / radar 99.9% of the time with a clear view of over 70% of the bridge due to the architecture of the bridge. I find that the spot where her car was found was in good view of where Belmar PD parks an officer to run radar for traffic coming off the bridge. I believe that whoever did take her knew of these circumstances and planned this whole situation down to a T. With both neptune and belmar being sleepy NJ beach towns, the average response time for a 911 call is under 2 minute for a police response, with the surrounding areas being heavily patrolled by overstaffed police departments lookimg for any reason to pull someone over. Rt35 has one cop every few miles or so, making me believe that this person had a planned escape route through the lesser patrolled neighborhoods, most likely in Wall NJ towards the Garden State Parkway. If anyone else has an idea Id love to hear it.

Hi, this is my first post and I hope I am doing it correctly. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sara and her family. I live in Belmar and yet I only found out about this yesterday. The Belmar Police and Fire Departments are fantastic. The Coast Guard is also amazing. There has been very heavy coastguard activity in the river and along the coast, clearly now I see why. I have lived here for 8 years and have always felt safe. You can practically see police vehicles on every other block at any given time though thats not to say that bad things don't happen or criminal activity doesn't take place. I pass over the bridge multiple times a day and one thing I can say for sure is that it is very well lit, especially at night. I just got back from picking a friend up at the airport tonight and even at this time there are still quite a few cars on the road going over the bridge. I do have another idea and that's why Im posting. The train station is a simple few blocks from where the car was found, therefore, if it was an abduction, youve got the other way out you were looking for. If what Ive read is correct, she had been planning to visit someone in Toronto? There must be cameras at the train station in which I believe the police have probably looked at. But, I am extremely troubled by the placement of the car. Again, assuming that was I read was correct, the car was left at the crest of the bridge. Coming home tonight I took a good look at the crest. There is not only one of many streetlights right smack there in the middle but also a flashing sign for the upcoming traffic light. It would stand to reason that would be the least place someone would choose to jump from because of the high visibility and with that same thought in mind, it would also be the worst place for a perp to leave a car. Is there certainty that foul play was involved? I am surprised to see no lost signs around town and nobody seems to know any details about the certainty of an abduction. Therefore, on the flip side, could she have left on her own, purposely leaving the car to be found with mystery, having then walked to the train staion and left alone, on her own will?

Tomorrow's search details:

Friends, family and volunteers will meet in Ocean Grove on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Boardwalk Pavilion Praise on the boardwalk at Ocean Avenue and Ocean Pathway.

The search will then spread out to Long Branch, Deal, Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt and Manasquan to search the water and nearby wooded area for signs of Stern. It will be cold so volunteers should dress warmly.

http://nj1015.com/where-is-sarah-stern-volunteers-needed-for-saturday-search/?trackback=tsmclip

Volunteers needed!

Sterns father, Michael Stern, said friends, family and volunteers will meet in Ocean Grove on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Boardwalk Pavilion Praise on the boardwalk at Ocean Avenue and Ocean Pathway. The search will then spread out to Long Branch, Deal, Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt and Manasquan to search the water and nearby wooded area for signs of Stern.

Stern said it will be cold so volunteers should dress warmly.

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said a number of agencies including Belmar Police, the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit, Neptune City Police Department and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are all involved in the search for Stern whose car was found parked on the Route 35 bridge between Neptune Township and Belmar last Friday night with the keys inside.

Read More: Where is Sarah Stern? Volunteers needed for Saturday search | http://nj1015.com/where-is-sarah-stern-volunteers-needed-for-saturday-search/?trackback=tsmclip

I didnt even think about the train station. Thats a good point. I know 711 and Windmill probably have cameras which the PD need to check if they havent already.

I thought about the Belmar train station but how many trains are running from Bay Head to Long Branch/Newark/New York between midnight and 3:00 a.m.?

Not many, if at all (remembering my days of commuting by train to NYC from Bay Head/Point Pleasant).

Also, I am sure LE would have had some idea by now if she were at the station with all the surveillance cameras.

Would LE know by now if there is someone else involved?
DNA at the home? Fingerprints? DNA and prints in the car? Pinging from her phone or any activity before and after she disappeared?

Wish LE would release some more info.

I thought about the Belmar train station but how many trains are running from Bay Head to Long Branch/Newark/New York between midnight and 3:00 a.m.?

Not many, if at all (remembering my days of commuting by train to NYC from Bay Head/Point Pleasant).

Also, I am sure LE would have had some idea by now if she were at the station with all the surveillance cameras.

True. A NJ Transit station would be the last place a PERP would want to go, especially after 9/11. I still think the perps slipped out through a quiet neighborhood in a different vehicle and headed for either Delaware or Pennsylvania

I am curious about her going to Toronto. Who was she going to see? Could they have come down to surprise her? Was this someone she met online and perhaps didn't *really* know?

With what we've learned about the bridge being close to LE, I think her car there is just a cover. I don't think she jumped and I dont think she left with the intent of not returning home.

Hi, this is my first post and I hope I am doing it correctly. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sara and her family. I live in Belmar and yet I only found out about this yesterday. The Belmar Police and Fire Departments are fantastic. The Coast Guard is also amazing. There has been very heavy coastguard activity in the river and along the coast, clearly now I see why. I have lived here for 8 years and have always felt safe. You can practically see police vehicles on every other block at any given time though thats not to say that bad things don't happen or criminal activity doesn't take place. I pass over the bridge multiple times a day and one thing I can say for sure is that it is very well lit, especially at night. I just got back from picking a friend up at the airport tonight and even at this time there are still quite a few cars on the road going over the bridge. I do have another idea and that's why Im posting. The train station is a simple few blocks from where the car was found, therefore, if it was an abduction, youve got the other way out you were looking for. If what Ive read is correct, she had been planning to visit someone in Toronto? There must be cameras at the train station in which I believe the police have probably looked at. But, I am extremely troubled by the placement of the car. Again, assuming that was I read was correct, the car was left at the crest of the bridge. Coming home tonight I took a good look at the crest. There is not only one of many streetlights right smack there in the middle but also a flashing sign for the upcoming traffic light. It would stand to reason that would be the least place someone would choose to jump from because of the high visibility and with that same thought in mind, it would also be the worst place for a perp to leave a car. Is there certainty that foul play was involved? I am surprised to see no lost signs around town and nobody seems to know any details about the certainty of an abduction. Therefore, on the flip side, could she have left on her own, purposely leaving the car to be found with mystery, having then walked to the train staion and left alone, on her own will?
Great point about the train station. Hm.. If were to leave on her own will why would she leave the keys in ignition? That's strange to me, someone could easily have stolen the car. Plus, if you're fleeing or leaving on your own accord, a car is the best way to travel. She could have left by train station, but then she'd have to travel by foot and that is not ideal. If you are intending to flee, you would want to go far, and fast. Foot is not fast and also leaves you vulnerable with no shelter.​
This is all very confusing. Ok... let me try and review what we've got so far from our sources for the sake of organization...​
FACT:​
  • Sarah was last seen leaving her home on December 2, 2016, around 11:45 PM.
  • Her car was found unoccupied on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Route 35 bridge at 2:45 AM
  • Keys were in ignition, and vehicle was operational.
  • Upon searching Sarah's home, officers found the door unlocked and no one inside.
QUESTIONS:​
  • Who was it that saw her leaving her house that night?
  • What was she wearing?
  • Has her phone been located?
  • And who did she last contact?
  • Did she leave alone or with someone else?
  • Was her father or grandmother home at the time?
  • Or were they home, but they were just asleep when she left?
  • Were there fingerprints or signs of struggle?
  • (Assuming abduction) Where and when did the abduction actually take place?
  • (Assuming abduction) How did the PERP(s) get away with it with such a heavy police presence?
  • (Assuming abduction) And why would they leave her car in such a busy and visible area?
  • (Assuming she left willingly) Why would she leave at night?
  • (Assuming she left willingly) Why would she abandon her car to travel by foot (or train)?

I think we can rule out the train. There are no trains running in the middle of the night in that area.

The last train to Long Branch (and points north, including NYC) is at 11:52 p.m. If she was last seen leaving her grandmother's home at 11:45, she would not have made the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova