Found Deceased NJ - Stephanie Parze, 25, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, 30 Oct 2019 *murderer commited suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The search effort to find Stephanie Parze, a missing New Jersey woman, continues Saturday after a person of interest in the case was found dead. Officials say Parze's ex-boyfriend John Ozbilgen hanged himself at his parent's home Friday morning.
Search Continues For Missing Freehold Woman Stephanie Parze After Ex-Boyfriend John Ozbilgen Found Dead Of Suicide

CBS New York on Twitter

Still Missing: No clues from the suicide of “person of interest,” Stephanie Parze’s dad leads another citizen army of volunteers to another search location. My story tonight
@NBCNewYork

Brian Thompson on Twitter -video

He hung himself in his parents garage? Why the heck didn’t he do it in his own house?
(Unless I missed that this 30 year old was living with his parents)
Wonder if he even left a note- but I doubt it.

My immediate thought is that his parents were on to him and probably had quite a bit to say to him. He may have impulsively done this after realizing that his parents were now completely devastated and would become even more upset as the days and weeks went on. The child *advertiser censored* charge alone must have been hell for the parents. And while it's just an opinion, my guess is that JO likely had some things in his background/own childhood that may have been part of this scenario.

I wonder if he left his phone in the park while he went somewhere else. I'm wondering a lot of things.

The park looks fairly big. I hope and pray Stephanie is found soon.

The parents of these monsters already go through enough, the fact they put them in even more traumatizing situations after the fact is beyond understandable to me.
There are just tons of cases when the parents realize they’re in the middle of part of a crime scene perpetrated by their own babies... how do you live after that? How do you move forward? What do you and your spouse even say to one another? Moving seems necessary but is that even a clean enough slate?
The dang ripple effect reaches far and wide!

The search effort to find Stephanie Parze, a missing New Jersey woman, continues Saturday after a person of interest in the case was found dead. Officials say Parze's ex-boyfriend John Ozbilgen hanged himself at his parent's home Friday morning.
Search Continues For Missing Freehold Woman Stephanie Parze After Ex-Boyfriend John Ozbilgen Found Dead Of Suicide

CBS New York on Twitter

Still Missing: No clues from the suicide of “person of interest,” Stephanie Parze’s dad leads another citizen army of volunteers to another search location. My story tonight
@NBCNewYork

Brian Thompson on Twitter -video
This is heartwarming to see so so many volunteers willing to assist in a local search!

Prayers for all the volunteers and the family.

My immediate thought is that his parents were on to him and probably had quite a bit to say to him. He may have impulsively done this after realizing that his parents were now completely devastated and would become even more upset as the days and weeks went on. The child *advertiser censored* charge alone must have been hell for the parents. And while it's just an opinion, my guess is that JO likely had some things in his background/own childhood that may have been part of this scenario.

I wonder if he left his phone in the park while he went somewhere else. I'm wondering a lot of things.

The park looks fairly big. I hope and pray Stephanie is found soon.
I agree, many questions.

IDK why LE hasn't done an update of the situation? So far we have just seen the unsuccessful results from the appearance of the representative of the DAs office in court the other day where they were unsuccessful in keeping the POI in jail and then the LE announcement of the suicide of the POI yesterday.

Its hard to understand that warrants weren't executed and forensic work ongoing much earlier in this process. At this point it seems like there are more questions for LE than anything else and that the family search efforts are running on a parallel track to whatever plans LE has for the case. There looks to be an ongoing investigation so perhaps that is why no information is forthcoming from LE?

"Nights are terrible for Edward Parze.

"He’s surrounded by caring people during the day, but at night, when it’s quieter, he’s left to think. He worries about his daughter, Stephanie Parze.

“You try and you keep that mind positive,” he said. “But there’s so much out there today. You see all this stuff. You watch all the movies, see all the police shows. Your mind has no choice but to go into a negative direction. And you try and pull it back, but sometimes it just overwhelms you.”

Parze, 54, used to be a first responder, once serving as a squad captain for Freehold First Aid Squad. Saturday morning, he rallied volunteers at Freehold Township Independent Fire Company and toted a radio to keep an ear on crackling developments as searchers scoured a field off Route 524, just a few miles from Parze's home. They scanned the brush for anything suspicious, many prodding through thickets with sticks."

Missing Freehold woman: Hundreds search for Stephanie Parze after one-time boyfriend found dead

Off topic but wanted to share.

My father took his life like that a few years ago. They noticed that his wrists were slightly cut. They Think he was trying to do that but then he decided to hang himself instead. Hanging is faster and more lethal I guess. Sad thing is my granny, his mom had come to bring him some food as he was sick and he pushed her out and lock his door, he lived in a small house on thier land. My cousin thinks she interuppted him so he switched to hanging. I am so glad I was not home to see it. I became obssesed with reviewing photos of people who died by hanging and became suicidal. I have always been depressed but it pushed me over the edge. Tried overdosing but all it did was make sleep straight for 24 hours.. I went down a dark path and tried it myself, rope was not strong enough but I think deep down I was just scared of the pain of hanging and wanted to live. I feel like you really have to be in despair to do it. Luckily I got the help I needed.

RBBM

I'm very glad you got help, Iggy2020. Very glad.

You are strong, and you can make positive contributions to Society. We need people like you!

So sorry for Stephanie's loved ones, and esp. for her dad. :(
I think JO's suicide would confirm that he did something horribly permanent to her.

But if her dad can hope than so will I.
What if she's tied up somewhere and gagged so she can't call out for help ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lish311
Back