Found Deceased NJ - Stephanie Parze, 25, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, 30 Oct 2019 *murderer commited suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am joining the search tomorrow but it us local (Freehold). I hesitated because the fact the *** (yes, intentional acronym) pinged at 3am to 9 am right after she went missing in the Staten Island woods. Nowhere near Freehold.

But then it occurred to me that although he wasn’t smart enough to delete child *advertiser censored* meta-data from his phone, he might be phone savvy enough to understand the police can track his phone. Accordingly, he could’ve easily left his phone right there in the wooded area and retrieved it the next day. I do not think this is far-fetched. In fact, I know everybody is going to say oh, he obviously was stupid as shown by having child *advertiser censored* on his phone, but I think that’s different. Someone may be unaware how to scrub their phone of metadata or searches, but everybody knows about GPS. Everyone, especially ***’s age, knows that their cell phone location is visible. I would say he knew it. If that is the case, he would not have brought his phone with him and bring Stephanie to the woods.

Number two, if police were so sure he was stupid enough to have his phone on him in the woods for six hours, which is the exact average number of hours it takes to dig a grave, then why aren’t police searching the Staten Island woods every single day? Seems to me that if the police are sure the cell phone pinged all night in the woods in Staten Island woods, they must not be too sure he was actually with his phone. If they did, and they definitely believed he was with his phone in the woods all night, they would be searching the hell out of that area.

Also, someone on here said the area of that search would’ve been a lot to cover for a dog. A trained sniffer. That’s not the case. Yes, if you want to go inch by inch methodically, it will take a while. However, that’s not how it’s done. The dogs would be allowed to run loose and they would smell a cadaver while running around. If they didn’t, THEN the trainers would start from the beginning and go methodically over every inch. But I’m not aware of any dogs being set loose. Cadaver dogs. Has anyone heard anything about this?

In any event beside speculation, can anyone comment on the reliability or evidence of reliability of the cell phone pinging and the ***’s Location? I haven’t been reading every single inch of the news. Also, because I will be searching locally tomorrow, what are your thoughts on local? We all know that she left her house without her phone. That was highly unusual of course and I think that means he either threatened her by gunpoint to get into the car (or maybe knife) it she agreed to go sit in the car with him and talk whereupon he took off before she could demur and go get her phone first. Or....he could have said “let’s go for a walk” and so any bad act could have taken place locally. Thoughts?

The topic of a phone being left in one place while the owner went to a different place was discussed recently on the Barbara Thomas thread. WS member @PaulR, a verified software and computer tech advised that a cellphone at rest is not going to behave the same as a cell phone in motion and while he was not comfortable going into the specifics on a public forum, he stated that basic forensics would uncover that quickly and would be used by LE to drill down on a suspect's story. If anyone is interested in reading the back and forth and various scenarios it begins on Thread 12, Page 9, Post 177.

My 3 scenarios for how he may have made contact with Stephanie the night she disappeared:

He entered her house before she got home, laid in wait and overpowered her once she got inside.

He convinced her to open the door for him then attacked and overpowered her.

He was stalking her, waiting for her to get home and incapacitated her when she got out of her car, then used her keys to access her house.

IMO he took her to S.I. because it was his comfort zone.

Wishing you and all of the searchers all the best searching for Stephanie tomorrow, Godspeed.

Atlantic Highlands Ferry maybe? Or possible he put her in the water from a beach town? It is def a possibility.

The local ferries are geared more toward commuters so they don't run late at night, but I don't know how he would get her on the ferry.

There was another local homicide victim named Sarah Stern whose body was thrown off the Belmar bridge and never recovered.

All 3 of the bridges are cashless tolls so they are either capturing your EZpass or your license plate.

The local ferries are geared more toward commuters so they don't run late at night, but I don't know how he would get her on the ferry.

There was another local homicide victim named Sarah Stern whose body was thrown off the Belmar bridge and never recovered.

All 3 of the bridges are cashless tolls so they are either capturing your EZpass or your license plate.
True they are commuter ferries. And not a good option you’re right. I did think about Sarah too. I was responding to the post about Raritan Bay.

The topic of a phone being left in one place while the owner went to a different place was discussed recently on the Barbara Thomas thread. WS member @PaulR, a verified software and computer tech advised that a cellphone at rest is not going to behave the same as a cell phone in motion and while he was not comfortable going into the specifics on a public forum, he stated that basic forensics would uncover that quickly and would be used by LE to drill down on a suspect's story. If anyone is interested in reading the back and forth and various scenarios it begins on Thread 12, Page 9, Post 177.

My 3 scenarios for how he may have made contact with Stephanie the night she disappeared:

He entered her house before she got home, laid in wait and overpowered her once she got inside.

He was stalking her, waiting for her to get home and incapacitated her when she got out of her car, then used her keys to access her house.

Wishing you and all of the searchers all the best searching for Stephanie tomorrow, Godspeed.
Fascinating. Thank you for the excellent post and the tip about Thread 12. That seems quite right - that a cell phone would emit data differently if it was idle. However, I have not heard that LE is still searching the pinged area in Staten Island. If the cell phone was emitting data in a way that showed it was in the SI woods for 6 hours AND IT WAS NOT IDLE, wouldn't that mean it's a slam dunk and LE would be searching the area top to bottom every day? If it isn't, then they must not be sure whether or not the phone in the SI woods for 6 hours was idle or active. What are your thoughts on this? Two other things that make me think LE isn't so sure:

1. The Parze family is organizing massive searching. If LE was positive the 's phone was "active" and in SI for six hours, surely they would dissuade the family from searching in Freehold (and of course LE would be searching round the clock in the SI park).

2. Same as #1 but now more than ever because the is dead now. Before he died, LE might have been keeping information from the family because they needed to ensure nobody got word of it, as part of their strategy towards the . Where people are searching, what people are saying, all affects what the culprit is thinking and how he/she reacts and gives certain things away with those reactions. But he's dead now and LE doesn't seem to have a reason to allow the family to conduct these searches, still, at least in Freehold as opposed to SI.

Thoughts?

I am so sorry for her parents... but I really do not want her dad to find her.
It's hard enough for a searcher.
But this is (not going to say 'was') his babygirl.
I don't know what that will do to him !
Some people have severe emotional breakdowns.
Unlike anything they might've expected.

I shudder to think if it was myself or my DH looking for our child if circumstances were different.

They exchanged text (might have been fb messenger) messages the night she disappeared, I can't link because they were posted on social media. JO posted this message exchange (between he & Stephanie) on a fb group page. He was dissing her to two other women.

In that exchange she said he could come over, but she was tired, so no sex. IMO, this was the reason she was killed. Something got out of hand that night. Lack of forensic evidence suggests she could have been choked to death. Did LE bring cadaver dogs to Stephanie's house?

They exchanged text (might have been fb messenger) messages the night she disappeared, I can't link because they were posted on social media. JO posted this message exchange (between he & Stephanie) on a fb group page. He was dissing her to two other women.

In that exchange she said he could come over, but she was tired, so no sex. IMO, this was the reason she was killed. Something got out of hand that night. Lack of forensic evidence suggests she could have been choked to death. Did LE bring cadaver dogs to Stephanie's house?
After the ridiculous number of times he supposedly texted her that evening, ending with calling's her disgusting names....she agreed to let him come over? She supposedly never responded to his text message bombardment.

True they are commuter ferries. And not a good option you’re right. I did think about Sarah too. I was responding to the post about Raritan Bay.
Poor Sarah, such a tragedy, so glad they were able to convict that rotten, scheming, jerk she thought was a friend. Her poor father.:(

I wonder if he stopped by his house for tools and/or changed vehicles hoping to stay under the radar. IIRC they searched multiple vehicles at his parents' home.

Also interested to know if LE was able to obtain any doorbell or CCTV footage from neighbors of Stephanie or JO.

While PaulR is absolutely right, I am here to say that in my work with law enforcement, the technological ability to do this is highly variable. Big urban counties? Strong maybe. I live in a fairly well populated California county that has had a very, very hard time getting a forensic computer science team together that can do this. If there's evidence of a major, major crime (bodies lying all over after mass shooting) they hire a consultant. The last in-house guy who really knew what Paul knows...left for private industry about 6 years ago and has yet to have an equal to replace him.

Fascinating. Thank you for the excellent post and the tip about Thread 12. That seems quite right - that a cell phone would emit data differently if it was idle. However, I have not heard that LE is still searching the pinged area in Staten Island. If the cell phone was emitting data in a way that showed it was in the SI woods for 6 hours AND IT WAS NOT IDLE, wouldn't that mean it's a slam dunk and LE would be searching the area top to bottom every day? If it isn't, then they must not be sure whether or not the phone in the SI woods for 6 hours was idle or active. What are your thoughts on this? Two other things that make me think LE isn't so sure:

1. The Parze family is organizing massive searching. If LE was positive the ***'s phone was "active" and in SI for six hours, surely they would dissuade the family from searching in Freehold (and of course LE would be searching round the clock in the SI park).

2. Same as #1 but now more than ever because the *** is dead now. Before he died, LE might have been keeping information from the family because they needed to ensure nobody got word of it, as part of their strategy towards the ***. Where people are searching, what people are saying, all affects what the culprit is thinking and how he/she reacts and gives certain things away with those reactions. But he's dead now and LE doesn't seem to have a reason to allow the family to conduct these searches, still, at least in Freehold as opposed to SI.

Thoughts?
Those are both excellent points. You are right that LE wouldn't stand by and let all of these people search needlessly and no reason for pretense now.

Have they disclosed any other locations JO's phone pinged in the hours leading up to its arrival at Long Pond Park?

If the phone was idle, was it because he left it in the car intentionally while he was busy elsewhere and didn't want to chance losing it?

While PaulR is absolutely right, I am here to say that in my work with law enforcement, the technological ability to do this is highly variable. Big urban counties? Strong maybe. I live in a fairly well populated California county that has had a very, very hard time getting a forensic computer science team together that can do this. If there's evidence of a major, major crime (bodies lying all over after mass shooting) they hire a consultant. The last in-house guy who really knew what Paul knows...left for private industry about 6 years ago and has yet to have an equal to replace him.
Wow, that is so disheartening.

Is it possible that they could have had the above described exchange the night before she went missing and that is what precipitated his angry barrage of messages the night before that she did not respond to, possibly enraging him and leading to the final confrontation?

Those are both excellent points. You are right that LE wouldn't stand by and let all of these people search needlessly and no reason for pretense now.

Have they disclosed any other locations JO's phone pinged in the hours leading up to its arrival at Long Pond Park?

If the phone was idle, was it because he left it in the car intentionally while he was busy elsewhere and didn't want to chance losing it?

1. Yes. Unless the pretense is for those who may have information, such as JO's friends or family. With JO definitely gone, I don't know why anyone would cover for him. Unless they didn't want his memory or legacy sullied. I'd like to think they'd want to just give any info they had. I hope Stephanie's family called JO's parents and asked them to please tell them any info that might help them find her.

2. I don't know what's been said about the phone pings. I have only read about the location ping in Long Pond Park, but maybe we only know about that because it was obvious (police presence made that obvious).

3. I don't know if they phone was idle. At the spot it pinged, I don't know if that spot is accessible by car. If he did leave the phone in Long Pond Park, he didn't necessarily need to leave it in his car. He could have just left it in the woods hidden. Nobody would have found and taken it.

It's very unclear to me why volunteers are searching where they are searching. For example, if LE thought the place we are searching tomorrow had some special significance, then LE would surely be searching it, not a bunch of volunteers.

Finally, I don't think he would have been able to convince a third party to go and kidnap Stephanie. He must have gone to her house himself. He might have been able to get her into his car but she'd have put up a fight or....simply run away. Its not easy to force someone into a car if they are actively resisting, plus he'd have to be figuring out how to lock the car without her getting out, and do this all quickly, and she would be resisting. She'd screem.

The suicide makes me wonder what other evil he has done that I hope will be uncovered. I hope she is found but I am doubtful.
JMO
I, too, hope she is found. The "not-knowing" where she is and what happened to her and not being able to lay her to rest is a pain that I can't imagine.

There is always hope and bodies do get found despite all odds. Several years ago a woman in my hometown disappeared two months after she filed for divorce stating her husband was abusive and had threatened to kill her. Two months later the husband was found dead of an overdose. Her family was devastated, believing they would never know what happened to KS.

Six weeks later the owner of a rental property in a nearby city found that a wall had been completed in his basement even though he had only obtained an estimate for the work and never hired or paid the contractor. When he realized the contractor was the deceased husband he contacted police. The body of KS was found wrapped in plastic, buried behind the wall. Tragic still, but at least her family had answers and could lay her to rest.

I pray that Stephanie, too, is found so her family can have some semblance of peace.

After viewing the video clip of his hearing the other day and seeing his demeanor (complete with his excessive blinking of the eyes), I felt that he should have been monitored closely (it was just a feeling).
The blinking! As I watched the video that was almost the only thing I could focus on as it was soooo bizarre. I wonder if he always did this or if this was a sign of the immense stress he was under. Don't get me wrong, I have NO sympathy for the stress he was under.

Off topic but wanted to share.

My father took his life like that a few years ago. They noticed that his wrists were slightly cut. They Think he was trying to do that but then he decided to hang himself instead. Hanging is faster and more lethal I guess. Sad thing is my granny, his mom had come to bring him some food as he was sick and he pushed her out and lock his door, he lived in a small house on thier land. My cousin thinks she interuppted him so he switched to hanging. I am so glad I was not home to see it. I became obssesed with reviewing photos of people who died by hanging and became suicidal. I have always been depressed but it pushed me over the edge. Tried overdosing but all it did was make sleep straight for 24 hours.. I went down a dark path and tried it myself, rope was not strong enough but I think deep down I was just scared of the pain of hanging and wanted to live. I feel like you really have to be in despair to do it. Luckily I got the help I needed.
Thank you for sharing your deeply personal story and thank God you got the help you needed. You may never know how many people you can help by sharing your story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!
Back