Found Safe NJ - Thomas Kolding, 15, Mountain Lakes, 30 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Kolding has been missing since Tuesday October 30th.

Mountain Lakes 15-year-old boy missing for three days

I wonder if those photos are current? He looks young for his age (JMO):

b8cfb6be-d5d7-4c36-8f2e-16acb2d38eaf-MissingMorris1.jpg

1ff43850-cda8-4dc4-b029-d8f257ff122f-MissingMorris2.jpg

From a reputable NJ incident site-not sure if this is okay since the link won’t work for non-members & I cannot find this info elsewhere-please delete if not ok-

*modsnip*/ removed as no source provided and not possible to check if source ok for WS

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine just posted this on her FB, so I came to see whether there was a thread for him here...and of course, there was! You guys are on it!

What a handsome young man. I really hope that he is simply on his way to California, rather than something nefarious happening to him in New York. I wonder if there was someone involved, an older person/friend who provided information/money to get him to California, if that was his destination.

I hope that they have posted fliers at Amtrak stations along the way.

He may have attempted to travel cross country via AMTRAK but hit a snag-I don't want to violate TOS so will just say that AMTRAK requires ID for cross country travel. It appears that LE has info on his movements up until Penn, and has not shared anything after that.

The Mountain Lakes 15-year-old who was reported missing Oct. 30 left his parents a note saying he didn't want to be found and left his cell phone behind so he couldn't be traced, according to an email from parents to neighbors.

snip

The teen, according to the email, was angry at his parents and left home with about $1,000 in cash. He specifically left behind his phone so he couldn't be contacted.

Thomas Kolding's cousin, a former Mountain Lakes High School student, moved to Santa Barbara, California, the neighbor said.

More info at link

Missing Mountain Lakes teen left note for parents; coast-to-coast search underway

Thomas rode his bicycle to the Denville train station, where he bought a ticket to Newark Broad Street station. He made the connection to New York Penn Station where he was caught on surveillance camera arriving around 12:02 a.m. Oct. 31.

There have not been any reported sightings of the teen who had not called home as of Monday morning.

He is about 5 feet 3 inches tall weighing 120 pounds with brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a camouflage jacket, gray winter skull cap and carrying a large black backpack.

"Please keep spreading the word and tell all to look for a very LARGE BLACK BACKPACK he has on him - I think that's the telltale sign for those that don't recognize him," his mother wrote.

Missing Mountain Lakes teen left note for parents; coast-to-coast search underway

The Daily Record article above indicates that he "grabbed $1000 in cash" before setting out. Who in the world has $1K in cash just sitting around?

Welcome to NJ. Just kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member