NM NM - Patricia Chesher, 12, Albuquerque, 17 June 1969

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a tragic disaster of a case.
How do we know she came back to get change for the neighbor - did she tell someone in her house while getting the coin purse? Or did the neighbor himself relate that to LE? If he came forward, you could argue he inserted himself to appear innocent ("why would I do this and then tell everyone I was the last to see her?") He appears to be the most likely given the way the story is currently recounted.

I'd focus on the uncle, who appears to not only be a pedophile, but molested HER which IMO raises all finger-pointing towards him exponentially. We know perpetrators can be in on the search, even shortly after a crime. Where did the uncle live, and is he accounted for in the timeframe she is assumed to have gone missing?

As for the young hippie, do any of the POIs appear "young" and did it make a wisp of sense to show the girl their pictures for a possible ID?

It's unfortunate, as always, that LE may have written this off as a runaway. Just a Devil's advocate take, while Patricia seemed straight laced with her Elks raffle etc., we don't know if the overall family situation was chaotic. Twelve is mighty young to voluntarily take off (and I don't think that's the case), but it certainly seems there were a few too many unsavory players in this girl's existence. THAT could either brush aside the intensity this case needed, or worse become so entangled that nothing was ever really accomplished.

Side note: I understand the intent, but "Is There Hope for Patty?" seems rather tone deaf.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back