GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't she a beautiful girl? She positively beams with sunshine. How would you even be able to question a suspect in this situation?

It will make me ill if there had been any previous involvement with CPS.
I am hoping beyond hope that this beautiful girl is safe somewhere. We here know the odds, but there’s always a chance! And I absolutely agree with your last statement :mad:

I'm still catching up and reading fast ( not a good thing for me). So what i'm gathering here is the boyfriend who lives with the mom and 2 children Renezmae being one of them was arrested on unrelated charges and LE answered a question of "Is he a suspect?" and Le said "its' possible, yes."?????

So she goes missing at 9am and wasn't reported missing until 6:30 pm? This is not good at all! I'm still trying to stomach Nalani's poor ordeal. I'm just sick of this. IMO
Basically, except that we don't actually know when she went missing - just that mom last saw her about 9:30 a.m. Sunday in her front yard.

Also, although they all live together, LE has not said whether MT was home on Sunday.

And last but not least...MT and VM (Renezmae’s mom) have another child together - a toddler boy.

MOO

Oh Boy, this guy sounds like a real loser. I pray that this darling girl is alive.

I had to snip a lot of this to comply with the 10% copyright rule. I recommend reading the entire article.

Sep 10, 2019 / 04:30 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 10, 2019 / 04:40 PM MDT
Search continues in Rio Arriba County for missing 5-year-old girl
[...]

So far, investigators have not provided any updates. They had planned on holding a news conference on Tuesday afternoon, but then canceled it due to a lack of new information. Meanwhile, members of the community say they’re doing what they can to help this investigation.

[...]

KRQE News 13 is also learning more about Renezmae’s stepfather, Malcolm Torres, who was taken into custody for questioning.

Torres is essentially the girl’s stepdad. He’s not married to her mom, but they have a young son together.

Just last month, Renezmae’s mom filed for child support from Torres for their toddler son, but investigators aren’t saying if they were together Sunday.

Investigators have not said if Torres was at the house Sunday at all, but KRQE News 13 has learned the home where Renezmae was last seen is Torres’ family’s home.

[...]

On his Facebook page, Torres says he works at the Nambe warehouse in Espanola. The company, which makes housewares, says it fired him because of his lackluster work ethic.

[...]

I had to snip a lot of this to comply with the 10% copyright rule. I recommend reading the entire article.

Sep 10, 2019 / 04:30 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 10, 2019 / 04:40 PM MDT
[...]

So far, investigators have not provided any updates. They had planned on holding a news conference on Tuesday afternoon, but then canceled it due to a lack of new information. Meanwhile, members of the community say they’re doing what they can to help this investigation.

[...]

KRQE News 13 is also learning more about Renezmae’s stepfather, Malcolm Torres, who was taken into custody for questioning.

Torres is essentially the girl’s stepdad. He’s not married to her mom, but they have a young son together.

Just last month, Renezmae’s mom filed for child support from Torres for their toddler son, but investigators aren’t saying if they were together Sunday.

Investigators have not said if Torres was at the house Sunday at all, but KRQE News 13 has learned the home where Renezmae was last seen is Torres’ family’s home.

[...]

On his Facebook page, Torres says he works at the Nambe warehouse in Espanola. The company, which makes housewares, says it fired him because of his lackluster work ethic.

[...]

Am I reading too much into this or interpreting wrong? I'm thinking that the BF and mother are not living together due to the domestic violence last fall. That explains why she is filing for child support.
According to this article, she was last seen at Torres' family's house. I gather that to mean that he was not caring for her at the mother's house but at his immediate family's house. Right?

Basically, except that Mom got home around 8:00 p.m. (vs. 6:30) and that's when MT told her that Renezmae was missing. We don't actually know when she went missing - just that mom last saw her about 9:30 a.m. Sunday in her front yard.

Also, although they all live together, LE has not said whether MT was home on Sunday.

And last but not least...MT and VM (Renezmae’s mom) have another child together - a toddler boy.

MOO
And... if MT was not at home Sunday, then who on earth was watching her??

Am I reading too much into this or interpreting wrong? I'm thinking that the BF and mother are not living together due to the domestic violence last fall. That explains why she is filing for child support.
According to this article, she was last seen at Torres' family's house. I gather that to mean that he was not caring for her at the mother's house but at his immediate family's house. Right?

Ok... this makes sense. Thanks!

Sadly, the call didn't go out until the little girl had been missing for most of the day.

I hate how the media refers to Torres as her "father". He is not RC's father! Just a boyfriend, apparently father of another child with RC's mother.

Same age as little Lizzie from Utah. :(
It bothers the heck out of me as well. He's not her stepfather either, IMO. As it looks now, he is the ex-boyfriend and father of a sibling.

I'm still catching up and reading fast ( not a good thing for me). So what i'm gathering here is the boyfriend who lives with the mom and 2 children Renezmae being one of them was arrested on unrelated charges and LE answered a question of "Is he a suspect?" and Le said "its' possible, yes."?????

So she goes missing at 9am and wasn't reported missing until 6:30 pm? This is not good at all! I'm still trying to stomach Nalani's poor ordeal. I'm just sick of this. IMO
Mom and the two kids were living with the boyfriend at a home belonging to his family.

Hmmm, maybe I'm the one confused. I thought they all lived together as an earlier article said Renezmae was last seen in HER yard. I'll see if I can find it. MOO

ETA: What @Jethro4WS said ^^^ :)

Last edited:

Okay, I double-checked and it looks like just about every article says she was in her yard.

Search underway for missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada; possible suspect detained
According to KOB-TV, Renezmae Calzada had been in her family's front yard before she disappeared sometime after 9:30 a.m., investigators said.

Search continues for missing Espanola girl
The Rio Arriba County sheriff said she was last seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road in Espanola at 9:30 a.m.

Okay, I double-checked and it looks like just about every article says she was in her yard.

Search underway for missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada; possible suspect detained
According to KOB-TV, Renezmae Calzada had been in her family's front yard before she disappeared sometime after 9:30 a.m., investigators said.

The Rio Arriba County sheriff said she was last seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road in Espanola at 9:30 a.m.
Thanks Pommy... so back to the question if he was not there, who the heck was with her?

Shellye Leggett on Twitter
These posters are placed all over Española. 5 year old Renezmae Calzada is still missing.

Her family, friends and community members have been searching day and night, with little to no sleep.
@koat7news
EEJmC2-UcAENxhl

9:27 PM · Sep 10, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Hmmm, maybe I'm the one confused. I thought they all lived together as an earlier article said Renezmae was last seen in HER yard. I'll see if I can find it. MOO

ETA: What @Jethro4WS said ^^^ :)

BBM:
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 / 05:10 AM MDT / Updated: Sep 9, 2019 / 04:21 PM MDT
Possible suspect detained in Rio Arriba County girl’s disappearance
[...]

The Rio Arriba County Sheriff says Sunday around 9 a.m., 5-year-old Renezmae was seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road and Fairview Lane. She was wearing a Disney Frozen t-shirt and blue shorts with stars on them.

The sheriff says the girl’s mother called 911 around 6 p.m. to report her missing. Investigators say they have no reason to believe Renezmae was taken by a family member.

[...]

The sheriff says there is no indication that anybody saw someone approach the girl in her front yard. Investigators are hoping there is surveillance out there that will provide clues to the disappearance.

Kassi Nelson on Twitter
Officials say Renezmae was last seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road at 9:30 Sunday morning. Her mother reported her missing at 6:45 Sunday night. Amber Alert went out around 10:30 pm.
3:17 PM · Sep 9, 2019

Marissa Armas on Twitter (Video)
There’s a search party for 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada in Española right now— which includes her mom and immediate family. Family told me they are not talking to media right now.
@koat7news
4:06 PM · Sep 9, 2019

The sheriff said she was last seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road in Espanola at 9:30 a.m.

She was reported missing around 6:45 p.m. by a person who authorities believe is Renezmae's mother.

Authorities are investigating why it took so long for Renezmae to be reported missing.

Officials said they have someone in custody, on unrelated outstanding warrants, who "could be" tied to Renezmae's disappearance. However, no charges have been filed in the case.

Anyone with information about Renezmae's disappearance is asked to call authorities at (505) 753-5555.
FBI: Girl's disappearance went unreported for nearly 10 hours

ETA:

(We just had a full conversation in quotes lol)

ETA2:

Last edited:
Thanks Pommy... so back to the question if he was not there, who the heck was with her?
I think there's a good chance that he was there. LE hasn't said one way or the other. What we do know is that he was apparently there when mom arrived home. MOO

Post in progress, will likely require (2nd) full hour editing time.

Pulling together some notes and resources:

Rio Arriba County NM Map
ArcGIS Web Application

Data Points for map reference:

1. “in front of an Española home near McCurdy Road and Tesuque Lane”
Source

“McCurdy Road and Fairview Lane.”

Source:
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 / 05:10 AM MDT / Updated: Sep 9, 2019 / 04:21 PM MDT
Possible suspect detained in Rio Arriba County girl’s disappearance
[...]

The Rio Arriba County Sheriff says Sunday around 9 a.m., 5-year-old Renezmae was seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road and Fairview Lane. She was wearing a Disney Frozen t-shirt and blue shorts with stars on them.

The sheriff says the girl’s mother called 911 around 6 p.m. to report her missing. Investigators say they have no reason to believe Renezmae was taken by a family member.

[...]

The sheriff says there is no indication that anybody saw someone approach the girl in her front yard. Investigators are hoping there is surveillance out there that will provide clues to the disappearance.

Find Residence address

according to her mother the road is 1046 Arch Lane.
Hi swanniee11 :)
Do you have a source for this please? Tia.

—-

It's NE of the home and that search wasn't based on any information from LE. LE was searching the Rio Grande, SW of the home. Keep reading... ;) MOO

ETA:

—-

Locational/geographic references to searches:

1. “open land north of Espanola Valley High School”

2. “El Llano Road north of Española High School...open country of mostly bare hills and gullies east of town.”

3. “walking through the brush close to the road, then over a hill into the brown”

Source link:
AMBER ALERT - NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Urgent concern*

4. “massive search...Tuesday..Prairie Dog to Mile 31 in Española.”

Source link:
The Albuquerque Journal reported that Renezmae Calzada vanished while playing in front of an Española home near McCurdy Road and Tesuque Lane at around 9:45 a.m. Rio Arriba Sheriff James Lujan said they don’t believe they’re dealing with parental abduction.

“Anytime a 5-year-old is missing, we’re going to assume she is in danger,” Lujan commented, according to KOAT. “If she’s not with the family, then we’re going to assume she’s in danger.”

KOB reported that a massive search will continue Tuesday from Prairie Dog to Mile 31 in Española. Though Calzada was said to have vanished on Sunday morning, her mother didn’t report her missing until 6 p.m.—a delay police said is part of their “ongoing investigation.”
AMBER Alert: Massive search continues for 5-year-old girl as suspect is taken into custody

5. “Rio Grande near Santa Clara Pueblo.”

Source Link:
I know you're probably still editing, Magz, but just want to be sure you saw this one:

Rachel Knapp on Twitter
Law enforcement still searching for the Espanola missing 5 year-old girl, Renezmae Calzada. Crews were searching the Rio Grande near Santa Clara Pueblo. @krqe
5:01 PM · Sep 10, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Additional References:

5. B County
Home
Map

She was in a populated area on probably what is a relatively busy road. McCurdy RD runs north and south, Google put the pin nearer the south end.
Google Maps

—-

9. Visuals:

a01_jd_10sep_missing-3-900x598.jpg

Searchers head out over open land north of Española Valley High School in search of missing 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada Monday afternoon. (Eddie Moore/Albuquerque Journal)

Source link:

11. New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT)

Note to add list of all agencies mentioned in PC if not already posted.
SAR

—-

Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Child Abduction Response Plan: An Investigative Guide

Last edited:
Post in progress, will likely require (2nd) full hour editing time.

Data Points for map reference:

1. “in front of an Española home near McCurdy Road and Tesuque Lane”

-

Residence address

Hi swanniee11 :)
Do you have a source for this please? Tia.

—-

Location references to searches:

1. “open land north of Espanola Valley High School”

2. “El Llano Road north of Española High School...open country of mostly bare hills and gullies east of town.”

3. “walking through the brush close to the road, then over a hill into the brown”

Source link

4. “massive search...Tuesday..Prairie Dog to Mile 31 in Española.”
Link

Additional References:

5. B County Map

7. Rio Arillo County Map

8. Topo
Sources/

9. Visuals:

a01_jd_10sep_missing-3-900x598.jpg

Searchers head out over open land north of Española Valley High School in search of missing 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada Monday afternoon. (Eddie Moore/Albuquerque Journal)

Source link:

11. New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT)

Note to add list of all agencies mentioned in PC if not already posted.
SAR

—-

Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team | Federal Bureau of Investigation
I know you're probably still editing, Magz, but just want to be sure you saw this one:

Rachel Knapp on Twitter
Law enforcement still searching for the Espanola missing 5 year-old girl, Renezmae Calzada. Crews were searching the Rio Grande near Santa Clara Pueblo. @krqe

Rachel Knapp on Twitter

(Wow watch this pommy, I’m going to quote you on this in my above post, (thank you so much, adding now), and this post will appear in the future! Wooooo)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom
Back