DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The last time Tanya Begayspoke to her mother she had called early one morning in March 2017, saying she planned to travel from the tiny Arizona town of Leupp back to her family's home near Gallup, New Mexico — a drive that should've taken just a few hours, from one part of the vast Navajo Nation to another.

A day earlier, Begay had made a stop near Tohatchi, New Mexico, to visit a relative's home with her boyfriend, marking the last time any of her relatives had seen her. Her mother reported her disappearance to officers in at least three different towns, including Gallup, where Begay had an apartment.

Begay's mother believed she might be in danger.

The 37-year-old Navajo woman, whom Toddy described as "bubbly," has two children. She had been close to her parents, and liked to text or call family and friends frequently before she vanished.

Haunting stories behind missing posters of Native women
Haunting stories behind missing posters of Native women

5b8d8bd9b6c0e.image.jpg

My heart goes out to her family. 2 children are missing their mother. The Charley Project link is sad. Was the car forensically processed after it was located? I hope answers in her case come soon.

Abandoned vehicle, mom missing. This just doesn't sound good. The most logical answer is unfortunately probably the answer here - left with boyfriend, then disappeared. I feel so much for her poor family.

I am wondering if this could be the girlfriend linked to Jason Thornburg who was arrested in Texas for a triple homicide and who confessed to two other murders including one of his former girlfriend in Arizona who police have not named but acknowledged was native american and reported missing.

Trio Found in Texas Dumpster Were Killed in ‘Bible Sacrifice,’ Cops Say

“Detectives asked if there had been any additional sacrifices and he responded that he had sacrificed the body of his girlfriend in Arizona,” the arrest warrant states.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article254608947.html
Jason Thornburg told Fort Worth detectives he had sacrificed the body of his girlfriend in Arizona and identified her, according to the warrant released by Fort Worth police on Tuesday. Her name was redacted in the warrant, but relatives identified her to the Star-Telegram as Tanya Begay of Gallup, New Mexico.

….
But Tsosie said Thornburg began abusing Begay shortly after they started dating, hitting her and one time throwing a glass container at Begay and injuring her eye.

“We told her to get away from him,” Tsosie said. “But she kept going back to him.”

In March 2017, Begay and Thornburg drove to her father’s home in Tohatchi, New Mexico, to ask for some money. They had hitched a ride to Tohatchi.

Personally I have so many questions after learning of the connection here. My heart goes out to Tanya’s family.

If she is truly who Jason Thornburg admitted to killing, how incredibly horrifying to know that he went on to murder 4 more people. Sometimes I wonder if more tools, budget, or manpower are needed for local LE to be able to find probable cause or what. I hope this will be analyzed.

Personally I have so many questions after learning of the connection here. My heart goes out to Tanya’s family.

If she is truly who Jason Thornburg admitted to killing, how incredibly horrifying to know that he went on to murder 4 more people. Sometimes I wonder if more tools, budget, or manpower are needed for local LE to be able to find probable cause or what. I hope this will be analyzed.

Wow! Agreed! If they had investigated him deeper when she disappeared, would he have been stopped before the other murders??? They knew who she was last seen with. Why oh why?!

Sept 29, 2021

Oct 1, 2021

Feb 3, 2022

• begay_tanya.jpg
    begay_tanya2.jpg
    begay_tanya4.jpg
    begay_tanya5.jpg
    begay_tanya6.jpg
Begay, circa 2017

More photos of Tanya from CP
  • begay_tanya7.jpg
    begay_tanya8.jpg